Windows 10: Asus ROG752VW problems after catastrophic crash

Discus and support Asus ROG752VW problems after catastrophic crash in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My grandson royally messed up his Asus ROG752VW computer. The local power failed during a Windows update apparently, nothing would work afterwards. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Owbist, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Owbist Win User

Asus ROG752VW problems after catastrophic crash

My grandson royally messed up his Asus ROG752VW computer. The local power failed during a Windows update apparently, nothing would work afterwards. The message said it was creating a repair but after a few seconds it simply repeated itself.

The hard drive has been wiped due to things simply cycling round with no progress. I created a recovery thumb drive and tried to run it. I get the option to install to Drive 0, partition 2 but then message that it “Could not create a new partition or locate an existing one, see the setup log files.” No idea where these are, certainly not on the thumb drive and nothing is available on the computer itself.

Earlier it had said Windows was already installed and repeatedly tried to repair fix without success. Both partitions were reformatted and slaving the drive to my computer shows empty files on the back up partition.

After clicking to format the partition and accepting the prompt nothing happens at all. That same window offers :- refresh, delete, format, new, load driver, extend.

Trying to cancel the install I get warned the computer may restart. It does and I cannot shut the computer down at all.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

:)

Owbist, Jan 28, 2018

2. An ACPI Power Object failed to transition state with error code 10 on Windows 10.

I have the same problem and computer that has Boon Chun Wong Denver, but now the error appears temporarily after any game crash. The games now crash anytime.

My computer is Asus Rog G750JZ, Windows 8.1 and I uninstalled all programs of Asus.

I have 2 weeks with this problem ): and no solution.

ChristopherPalma, Jan 28, 2018
  3. Windows Defender Automatically Restore Viral Definition

The Window Defender occassionally crash and always restore the viral definition with a definite version (established at 2016.05.20) immediately. Suspicious programmes were found to be installed backdoor after the sudden closure of Windows Defender. Unknown
    service such as SNARE.dll, ANSARE.dll and WSNARE.dll were installed after the crash. The path of chrome and windows edge were also modified. Checking the taskschd.msc, an unknown schedule was added with a definite repeating time and svhost.exe is often involved.
    What can I do to stop this catastrophe?

Horace CHAN, Jan 28, 2018
  4. Clintlgm Win User

Yes your going to have to do a recovery repair install you can make the USB Install media using Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Installation Upgrade Tutorials

For you computer some things will not work on windows native drivers on the root of your C: there is a folder called eSupport and all the Asus Drivers are there you should install the ATK package Touchpad and some others until all systems are working again.
    For more specific help with your G752VW come see us on the ROG forum

Clintlgm, Jan 28, 2018
  5. Owbist Win User
    Thanks for the swift response. Your link says I must do a repair install from within Windows. Windows is not installed so that is not possible but some things seem to be hidden even though the HDD has been formatted.. I had gone to your MCT link and created the recovery USB drive. The USB drive starts the install but then the computer reverts to what ever is still on the HDD and we start circling over and over.

I will indeed visit the ROG forum but would love to get some progress with Windows.

Owbist, Jan 28, 2018
  6. Clintlgm Win User
    Try this tutorial Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    Otherwise, just clean install a new OS, its not that big of a deal.
    If a clean install won't work you can start the install then Hit Shift F10 that will bring up a command prompt.
    so you would use diskpart to clean and convert your SSD
    Diskpart
    list disk, select your SSD
    Clean
    Convert to GPT
    Exit Usually don't bother with the formatting since the windows install will do that and create all the partitions needed

you will now need to install IRST driver you should have it already on your install media just point windows install to it. Then you will be able to see you SSD again and continue the clean install.
    IRST Driver You'll need to download the "F6flpy-X64.zip" I usually make a folder on my USB Thumb drive that I'm installing from called IRST and then unzip the downloaded rst drive to that folder. makes it real easy to find that way. This is how your notebook came from the factory.
    Another option is to go into the BIOS/UEFI and change the SATA setting from RAID to AHCI,
    No then after your clean and convert your SSD it will be available to install to using the windows built in NVME drivers. i have run my G752 VY both ways there is really no performance difference and its just easier to install with out having to deal with the RST driver.

Be Sure to boot the Install media in UEFI Mode,

I hope you have your eSupport folder backed up. there are files on there that can't be downloaded from Asus Downloads.
    If you do have it backed up you can get the RST drive from it. If not
    Asus Support Downloads download all the drivers for your notebook and have them ready to install. Just after the clean install a lot won't work the ATK package will fix the most noticeable touch pad bluetooth you'll know which ones to install by the way the notebook is running.

Clintlgm, Jan 29, 2018
  7. Owbist Win User
    Thank you very much we are up and running again thanks to you. *Smile Maybe my grandson will think I am smarter than I really am.

Owbist, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Asus ROG752VW problems after catastrophic crash - Similar Threads - Asus ROG752VW problems

2. Upgrade catastrophe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade catastrophe: I have an HP2000 and upgraded to windows 10 successfully but after a couple days programs started to display information that didn't belong on those programs or it would alternate between an earlier biult version of the program and current one on its own. I decided to restart...
  3. Upgrade catastrophe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade catastrophe: I have an HP2000 and upgraded to windows 10 successfully but after a couple days programs started to display information that didn't belong on those programs or it would alternate between an earlier biult version of the program and current one on its own. I decided to restart...
  4. Upgrade catastrophe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Catastrophic Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Catastrophic Failure: so ive been trying to let an app through my firewall and everytime i click to open it it says catastrophic failure.and ive been trying to find out why its doing that but i cant....
  6. Catastrophic update !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Catastrophic update !: Two days ago my Windows 10 updated automatically and removed all my personal pictures as well as an amount of data. How can I recover these missing files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/catastrophic-update/d0880437-ad74-46f8-a7de-c71a18f38953
  7. Deadend After Catastrophic Motherboard Failure.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deadend After Catastrophic Motherboard Failure.: About a week ago my computer components spontaneously decided they've lived far past their warranties. The PSU was the first to go, then the HDD (which I backed up), then finally my motherboard. Pretty expensive week. The transition to a new mobo went smoothly and...
  8. asus windows crashed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    asus windows crashed: I messed up and held the button last night till the desktop cpu turned off. woke up this morning trying to turn it on. goes through the boot procedures an then stops at a black screen right before it gets to windows log in. I tried to do a full system reset and that fails at...
  9. ASUS Webcam Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Webcam Problem: Hello everyone , I bought a new ASUS TP301UJ laptop yesterday but webcam is not working.There was USB 2.0 VGA UVC driver but ı deleted it because it was useless.I researched the internet, so I think problem based on win10,I tried many drivers but they cant support win10 ,...
  10. Catastrophic Problem with 10/13/2015 Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Catastrophic Problem with 10/13/2015 Windows 10 Upgrade: I installed Windows 10 on October 1, 2015 coming from Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 I was somewhat familiar from Windows 8.1 on another touch screen laptop I have. After the upgrade I had catastrophic problems: (1) The icons on the screen desktop flashed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what can cause Power Object failed to transition state

2. rog armoury catastrophic failure error

3. an acpi power object failed to transition state

4. catasrophic failure uninstall rog armoury,
  5. rog armoury catastrophic failure