Windows 10: asus sound drivers

Discus and support asus sound drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have asus p7p55d-evo old board but on win7 i can have 5.1 sound but not anymore on win10 its via chip Can someone have look on this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hugo Luiten, Dec 8, 2020.

1. asus sound drivers

i have asus p7p55d-evo old board but on win7 i can have 5.1 sound but not anymore on win10 its via chip
    Can someone have look on this.

:)

Hugo Luiten, Dec 8, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Removing Asus sound drivers and using the Realtek app from MSFT store

The last time i attempted to do this i ended up with no sound at all so had to reinstall the Asus sound drivers which are 6.0.1.8723 so really really outdated

ALC1220

I would like to use the Realtek app and then use it to automatically keep my sound drivers updated if at all possible

Can anyone reply with a simple step by step for me to follow

Windows 10 64bit 1809

Many thanks
    Dan

danbottomburp, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

asus sound drivers

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

asus sound drivers

1. asus sound drivers - Similar Threads - asus sound drivers

2. Cannot install drivers for Asus Strix Raid DLX sound card ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install drivers for Asus Strix Raid DLX sound card ?: Like I said I am unable to install the drivers for my Strix Raid DLX sound card that I installed earlier today. Took me 7 hours just to get audio to come through the control box and then I lost it again. I have no actual control of the audio because the drivers from both the...
  3. no sound on my asus monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound on my asus monitor: i just purchased a new monitor and cannot for the life of me figure out why i cannot get any sound. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-my-asus-monitor/84404031-68d1-45e8-9a1f-8a597477ca47
  4. asus p7p55d-evo sound driver

asus p7p55d-evo sound driver: i have win version 2004 but since i have updated to win10 my sound driver just works as 2.0 not 5.1? Sounds like not compatibility with win10 Can somenone check this or relase a generic fix...
  5. realtek audio drivers for asus onboard sound

realtek audio drivers for asus onboard sound: How can I roll back the insider updates past the point where they stopped supporting Realtek hd audio. I have an asus mother board that runs sonic 3 sound interface that requires Realtek drivers to be installed. I have installed dozens of oldest to newest driver to no avail....
  6. Asus USB drivers

Asus USB drivers: Hi All, I just bought a USB 3.0 stick and noticed the transfer rate is not holding at it's peak. It goes up and down from 2-24.9MB. I tested a few of my 2.0 USB sticks and they seem to hold at their top rate or close to it. Not sure if it's the stick or the drivers. Maybe...
  7. Asus B450 drivers

Asus B450 drivers: Hello i am not sure if i should update the Sata and Chips set drivers on my B450 F MB, when i go to the suppport page on asus for the drivers i get 2 warning Version 18.50.062019/01/23371.01 MBytesAMD Chipset driver 18.50.06AMD Chipset Driver V18.50.06 for Windows Win10...
  8. ASUS H370+ drivers

ASUS H370+ drivers: A few months ago I replaced an old dying MB with an ASUS H370+ MB and an Intel i5-8400. I downloaded and installed the (supposedly) appropriate drivers from the ASUS web site. Later I noticed that Device Manager showed a missing driver for the SM bus controller. I tried...
  9. Asus Webcam Driver

Asus Webcam Driver: On my Asus-Notebook Windows has installed the usbvideo.sys driver for my webcam With this driver the picture is upside down in the camera app and also in Skype. The I installed the Windows 7 Driver USB 2.0 1.3 M UVC and in Skype the picture is right, but the camera app starts...
  10. asus driver update

asus driver update: is at the asus laptop or the asus support site no tool to update your current drivers to the latest version? I have the impression you have to download each drive manualy. (i ask it because probably I will soon buy an asus laptop) 62795