Windows 10: ASUS STX ESSENCE II driver won't install after Windows reinstall

Discus and support ASUS STX ESSENCE II driver won't install after Windows reinstall in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey I'm having issues reinstalling the driver for my ASUS STX ESSENCE II sound card, the card worked fine until i reinstalled windows. The card shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavyMelis, Oct 25, 2018.

1. DavyMelis Win User

ASUS STX ESSENCE II driver won't install after Windows reinstall

Hey I'm having issues reinstalling the driver for my ASUS STX ESSENCE II sound card, the card worked fine until i reinstalled windows.

The card shows up as "multimedia audio controller" which isn't what it used to show up as, and I can't figure out why the driver won't install.

ASUS STX ESSENCE II driver won't install after Windows reinstall 1d0bd005-866c-41e1-b304-f7fc3f5e1be7?upload=true.png

ASUS STX ESSENCE II driver won't install after Windows reinstall 3ece2785-9457-49f4-8efa-5045fb89858f?upload=true.png

ASUS STX ESSENCE II driver won't install after Windows reinstall 169a6ae4-c239-484c-810f-0c0e0f9fc2ff?upload=true.png

(i really like that last one heh)

I've went over this with the friendly people at ASUS, but they couldn't figure it out either. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device, running the setup in compatibility mode, but no luck with any of the obvious solutions.

any help? thanks ASUS STX ESSENCE II driver won't install after Windows reinstall :)

:)

DavyMelis, Oct 25, 2018

2. ASUS Announces the Essence STX II and Essence STX II 7.1 Sound Cards

Don't buy Asus Sound Cards! Their driver support is a pure disaster. I've learned my lessons with the Essence STX.

Tannhäuser, Oct 25, 2018
  3. CTroutman Win User
    Netflix - Dolby Digital - Windows 10 10532 build - using an Asus Xonar Essence STX card

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 10532. My sound card is an Asus Xonar Essence STX (not II). The Windows build previous to 10532 provided Dolby Digital from Netflix using the Edge/Explorer 11 on the Netflix site. After the upgrade, no more Dolby
    Digital. I have upgraded my card's driver to Asus' Windows 10 driver, after using the Uni drivers for awhile (a fix outline when there was no driver from Asus for Windows 10). The new Asus driver seems to work fine with other sound programs, eg Media Center
    21 and Tidal Music, but no Dolby Digital with Edge/Explorer 11 at Netflix and Amazon Prime sites.

The Asus site provides little guidance and the other questions at this forum seem to revolve around HDMI inputs.

Am I missing some step after my upgrade to 10532? My AV receiver indicates it is receiving PCM, not Dolby Digital, yet my cards will pass Dolby in the SOUND setup from Windows 10.

Ugh!

Charlie - Seattle

CTroutman, Oct 25, 2018
  4. ASUS STX ESSENCE II driver won't install after Windows reinstall

ASUS Announces the Essence STX II and Essence STX II 7.1 Sound Cards

Worst than Craptive????? I seriously doubt that! SERIOUSLY.

Prima.Vera, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

ASUS STX ESSENCE II driver won't install after Windows reinstall

1. ASUS STX ESSENCE II driver won't install after Windows reinstall - Similar Threads - ASUS STX ESSENCE

2. the essence of shells and terminals in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the essence of shells and terminals in Windows: I want to ask about some terminology related to shells/terminals in Windows.1 «conhost = CommandPrompt with scroll back» - what is «conhost» and what does it mean «shell with scroll back»?2 «Power Shell is loop back to CommandPrompt» - what does it mean?3 what does it mean «...
  3. the essence of shells and terminals in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the essence of shells and terminals in Windows: I want to ask about some terminology related to shells/terminals in Windows.1 «conhost = CommandPrompt with scroll back» - what is «conhost» and what does it mean «shell with scroll back»?2 «Power Shell is loop back to CommandPrompt» - what does it mean?3 what does it mean «...
  4. the essence of shells and terminals in Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't reinstall Windows 11 on ASUS Zenbook after installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall Windows 11 on ASUS Zenbook after installing Ubuntu: I recently did a clean install of Ubuntu 22.04.3 onto my new ASUS Zenbook Q420V which erased Windows 11. I later realized that I needed to reinstall Windows 11, so I created a boot disk using the Windows Media Creation tool and was able to get thru the first few steps in...
  6. Can't reinstall Windows 11 on ASUS Zenbook after installing Ubuntu

Can't reinstall Windows 11 on ASUS Zenbook after installing Ubuntu: I recently did a clean install of Ubuntu 22.04.3 onto my new ASUS Zenbook Q420V which erased Windows 11. I later realized that I needed to reinstall Windows 11, so I created a boot disk using the Windows Media Creation tool and was able to get thru the first few steps in...
  7. ELAN Drivers not installing after Windows 10 reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ELAN Drivers not installing after Windows 10 reinstall.: I have an HP Stream 14 ax010wm, I reinstalled Windows 10 not long ago and have been having issues with my touchpad since. I'm on the most recent version of Windows 10.It's basically treated as a normal mouse, finicky touch detection, left and right click with no tap to click...
  8. ELAN Drivers not installing after Windows 10 reinstall.

ELAN Drivers not installing after Windows 10 reinstall.: I have an HP Stream 14 ax010wm, I reinstalled Windows 10 not long ago and have been having issues with my touchpad since. I'm on the most recent version of Windows 10.It's basically treated as a normal mouse, finicky touch detection, left and right click with no tap to click...
  9. ELAN Drivers not installing after Windows 10 reinstall.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ELAN Drivers not installing after Windows 10 reinstall.: I have an HP Stream 14 ax010wm, I reinstalled Windows 10 not long ago and have been having issues with my touchpad since. I'm on the most recent version of Windows 10.It's basically treated as a normal mouse, left and right click with no tap to click support, no middle click...
  10. BSOD after waking up from sleep , caused by ASUS Essence STX II Audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after waking up from sleep , caused by ASUS Essence STX II Audio: I know the cause already, I've installed a new sound card on top of that used by the one built in on the motherboard. This program is the cause: (which I've installed through the provided CD that came with the package.) Screenshot - 2aa8b77c10d3b3806c693f027b520bbe -...