Windows 10: ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems

Discus and support ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an ASUS laptop that I haven't been using for a while. When using it, I noticed that the keyboard, when typing, was skipping letters, at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stysiaaa, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Stysiaaa Win User

ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems

Hello,

I have an ASUS laptop that I haven't been using for a while. When using it, I noticed that the keyboard, when typing, was skipping letters, at random. I actually discovered this problem cause I had trouble logging in, and then realised that the password I typed in looked shorter than it should.

Moreover, the touchpad was also acting weird: scrolling doesn't work and neither a single tap.

The latter I have (partially) solved by installing the smart gesture. However, the mouse pointer also still seems to be lagging a bit, so when I want to click on a button, I end up clicking the one next to it. Also, I seem to always have to open the smart gesture after starting windows, in order to "enable" my scrolling and single-tapping functions.

The keyboard problem persists. I am now using and external keyboard, and this one works like a charm. The built in one claims to have the best & latest driver installed. It's ATK 1.0.0.5 and the driver under Keyboard Device Filter Properties says it's from 29/07/2013.

My windows is up to date, and I run "device troubleshooting" for both the keyboard and the touchpad, with, unfortunately, no answers.

Could you please point me to the ultimate debugging guide to fix this problem?

:)

Stysiaaa, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Joan Pin Win User

ASUS Touchpad not working

Hi Cyril,

There's a possibility that you're getting this concern due to an out-dated driver. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check if ASUS Touchpad is enabled on your device. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Type Settingson the search bar and press Enter.
    • Select Devices.
    • Click Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options on the right pane.
    • Choose Device Settings (some called ELAN) pane, check Yes/No of Touchpad. If
      No, click Enable and select OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Joan Pin, Oct 31, 2018
  3. touchpad gestures two finger scroll not working Asus 501

Hi there,

1. Go to N501VW | ASUS Global Downloads
    2. Download the latest ATK - ATKPackage driver
    3. Download the latest TouchPad - ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver)
    4. Uninstall both the Touchpad driver and the Asus ATK package driver.
    5. Reboot
    6. First install ATKPackage driver (IMPORTANT to do this FIRST)
    7. Reboot
    8. Then install the TouchPad driver (may need to reboot)
    9. Test if all is working as it should

I had this same issue with my Asus UX305 when I upgraded to Windows version 1803 and doing the above steps solved the issue for me.

slicendice, Oct 31, 2018
  4. ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems

Asus G771 touchpad issue

Hello,

To provide you the appropriate solution on this concern, we would like to know more about the issue. Can you answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happened after updating your OS version to the Creator's Update?
    • You have mentioned that the touchpad has been working for Microsoft's driver and not for the ASUS driver, did I get that correctly?

Meanwhile, you can follow the steps below to run the hardware troubleshooter:

• Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.
    • Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press
      Enter.
    • Click Hardware and Sound and run the
      Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems

1. ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems - Similar Threads - ASUS touchpad keyboard

2. Asus touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus touchpad: I accidentally deleted the touchpad driver in my computer and I cannot get it back, now the touchpad is not working at all. how can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-touchpad/007f10df-6173-4c64-a20f-9bd12ef1a18d
  3. Asus touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus touchpad: I accidentally deleted the touchpad driver in my computer and I cannot get it back, now the touchpad is not working at all. how can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-touchpad/007f10df-6173-4c64-a20f-9bd12ef1a18d
  4. Asus touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Asus Touchpad

Asus Touchpad: My touchpad is working but not some of the features such as two finger tap for a right click and three fingers up for displaying all open apps. I tried to update the driver but the touchpad does not appear as an option only a mouse. I am using an ASUS computer....
  6. ASUS touchpad not working

ASUS touchpad not working: Hello all, I have run into quite a few issues with my touchpad. I love my laptop but the touchpad is the only downfall. After many issues and troubleshooting, I have found solutions that I'd like to share it with you all. Fix 1. Download the ATK package found of the...
  7. ASUS touchpad not working

ASUS touchpad not working: My ASUS touchpad is not working and I've literally tried everything, also my laptop is completely up to date. I tried to install the touchpad drivers from the ASUS official site but it also didn't work. The "12C HID Device" driver is also showing an error in the device...
  8. touchpad Asus laptop

touchpad Asus laptop: The fn-9 does not toggle touchpad on-off. ALSO Settings/Touchpad does NOT have a switch to turn the touchpad off I have installed the latest ATK package from ASUS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-asus-laptop/0b72da2a-ef4b-49de-ab5b-197eaa525486
  9. ASUS laptop in Desktop mode but keyboard and touchpad not working

ASUS laptop in Desktop mode but keyboard and touchpad not working: I have a 5 year old ASUS SonicMaster laptop that originally did not come with Windows 10. It has Windows 10 now. Upon boot up it displays on-screen keyboard for login to Windows. After logging in, there is no way to type in, either keyboard or on-screen when in Windows, and...
  10. ASUS Precision Touchpad Right-Click Problem

ASUS Precision Touchpad Right-Click Problem: Hello everyone, I have a ASUS ZenBook Flip UX360UA, running Windows 10 Home Single Language (English). When I got this laptop, I installed a clean Windows (same version as mentioned). I have installed the latest drivers from ASUS website and updated Windows as well. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell computer keyboard button jammed bypass laptop keyboard