Windows 10: ASUS Touchpad not working with Windows 10. Does not move or has erratic movement. Have to...

Discus and support ASUS Touchpad not working with Windows 10. Does not move or has erratic movement. Have to... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Almost daily I have to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for the Asus touchpad to use it. Before, when I uninstalled and reinstalled the touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ElectronicFog, May 22, 2019.

1. ASUS Touchpad not working with Windows 10. Does not move or has erratic movement. Have to...

Almost daily I have to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for the Asus touchpad to use it. Before, when I uninstalled and reinstalled the touchpad driver and the Asus Smart Gesture package, it would work almost normally. I could not use 2 finger scroll on the right half of the touchpad and to right click I had to click on the bottom middle of the touchpad, as clicking on the right bottom side had no effect, but I could use it. Lately, I have to use a USB mouse as the touchpad is practically useless. It has erratic motion. Moving the pointer, which you can only do when pressing very hard on the touchpad, causes the pointer to appear in another point of the screen. Usually it moves to the right of the screen. Clicking on any part of the screen causes the pointer to click on the lower left side of the screen. In this state, the only way that the touchpad can be used properly is when I have one finger on the touchpad, and a second finger moving the pointer. If I remove the first finger the pointer stops moving.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest touchpad drivers and packages numerous times today and in the past days. For months I have had the issue and now I cannot even get it to work partially like before. I basically have a non-functioning touchpad. My Asus laptop model is GL552VW-DH71.

:)

ElectronicFog, May 22, 2019
  2. roobsG Win User

touchpad will not work after installing windows 10 upgrade on ASUS X555L

I also had the same issue. Asus laptop touchpad would not respond after upgrade to Windows 10. I reinstalled the gesture driver from the ASUS website as someone on suggested on this or another help forum. Now the touchpad was responsive to movement,
    but the two buttons would not work. I ended up rolling back the touchpad driver in device manager and got it to work correctly.

roobsG, May 22, 2019
  3. touchpad gestures two finger scroll not working Asus 501

Hi there,

1. Go to N501VW | ASUS Global Downloads
    2. Download the latest ATK - ATKPackage driver
    3. Download the latest TouchPad - ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver)
    4. Uninstall both the Touchpad driver and the Asus ATK package driver.
    5. Reboot
    6. First install ATKPackage driver (IMPORTANT to do this FIRST)
    7. Reboot
    8. Then install the TouchPad driver (may need to reboot)
    9. Test if all is working as it should

I had this same issue with my Asus UX305 when I upgraded to Windows version 1803 and doing the above steps solved the issue for me.

slicendice, May 22, 2019
  4. Joan Pin Win User

ASUS Touchpad not working with Windows 10. Does not move or has erratic movement. Have to...

ASUS Touchpad not working

Hi Cyril,

There's a possibility that you're getting this concern due to an out-dated driver. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check if ASUS Touchpad is enabled on your device. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Type Settingson the search bar and press Enter.
    • Select Devices.
    • Click Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options on the right pane.
    • Choose Device Settings (some called ELAN) pane, check Yes/No of Touchpad. If
      No, click Enable and select OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Joan Pin, May 22, 2019
Thema:

ASUS Touchpad not working with Windows 10. Does not move or has erratic movement. Have to...

1. ASUS Touchpad not working with Windows 10. Does not move or has erratic movement. Have to... - Similar Threads - ASUS Touchpad working

2. Erratic cursor movements in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic cursor movements in windows 11: My Asus Zenbook 14 has a problem of erratic cursor movements in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-cursor-movements-in-windows-11/8c372e11-222e-49e7-acc5-5d7aefbf3322
  3. Erratic cursor movements in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erratic cursor movements in windows 11: My Asus Zenbook 14 has a problem of erratic cursor movements in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-cursor-movements-in-windows-11/8c372e11-222e-49e7-acc5-5d7aefbf3322
  4. Asus Rog Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus Rog Touchpad not working: Hi, I have a brand new Asus ROG LAPTOP with Windows 10 Pro. The touchpad is completely missing from the Device Manager I attached a wired mouse and am currently using that. That device is listed as the only device under 'mice and other pointing devices'. What can I do to...
  5. ASUS touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS touchpad not working: Hello all, I have run into quite a few issues with my touchpad. I love my laptop but the touchpad is the only downfall. After many issues and troubleshooting, I have found solutions that I'd like to share it with you all. Fix 1. Download the ATK package found of the...
  6. ASUS touchpad not working

ASUS touchpad not working: My ASUS touchpad is not working and I've literally tried everything, also my laptop is completely up to date. I tried to install the touchpad drivers from the ASUS official site but it also didn't work. The "12C HID Device" driver is also showing an error in the device...
  7. Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement

Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement: Win 10 Home 1903 8/10/2019 1832.418 Monitor1 is a Samsung Monitor 2 is VIZIO E24 smart LCD led TV When monitor 2 is powered on my mouse (wireless) gets erratic, hard to control. I'm trying to attach my sys specs file but not sure if I'm being successful. Newbie, here....
  8. Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual monitors = erratic mouse movement: Win 10 Home 1903 8/10/2019 1832.418 Monitor1 is a Samsung Monitor 2 is VIZIO E24 smart LCD led TV When monitor 2 is powered on my mouse (wireless) gets erratic, hard to control. I'm trying to attach my sys specs file but not sure if I'm being successful. Newbie, here....
  9. When dragging windows on the desktop, the movement is erratic

When dragging windows on the desktop, the movement is erratic: Hello. I have this weird problem since i changed the monitor. The previous one was a normal 23" FHD 60hz and all went well and smooth. Now i have a large 35" 21:9 with 3440x1440 resolution and 120hz refresh rate. It is annoying when i move windows around the desktop (being...
  10. Erratic mouse movements

Erratic mouse movements: Since I carried out a clean re-installation, my mouse, a MS Wireless Mouse 5000, has displayed intermittent erratic and jerky movements. Sometimes it is OK, other times it can move in such coarse jerky movements that it is unusable. My Wacom pen on the other hand is smooth. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus touchpad erratic windows 10

2. erratic touchpad pointer movement

3. erratic pointer movement windows 10

4. touch pad erratic asus,
  5. asus touchpad move to desktop,
  6. problem with installing asus smart gesture windows 10,
  7. erratic movement on touchpad,
  8. asus touchpad debugging,
  9. asus does not has synaptic touchpad,
  10. erratic cursor stopped after update,
  11. laptop mouse moving erratically,