Windows 10: ASUS Touchpad stopped responding to input

Discus and support ASUS Touchpad stopped responding to input in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an ASUS TUF F15 gaming laptop running WIN11. 64-bit 10.0, build 22621. Recently, the touchpad stopped working entirely.I have checked whether... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by R M W1, Feb 27, 2023.

1. R M W1 Win User

ASUS Touchpad stopped responding to input

I have an ASUS TUF F15 gaming laptop running WIN11. 64-bit 10.0, build 22621. Recently, the touchpad stopped working entirely.I have checked whether disabled on this keyboard, FN-F9.According to Device Manager>Human Interface Devices>ASUS Precision Touchpad>Properties: I clicked "Events>View All Events" and discovered that, two days ago 2/25/23, "Device Settings Migrated." Then, "Device configured oem 146.inf" Next line "Device Started AsusPTPDrv." The next day 2/26, "Device Configured oem163.inf" and the same PTPDrv. Clicking "View All Events" finds that, on 2/26, the

:)

R M W1, Feb 27, 2023
  2. Joan Pin Win User

ASUS Touchpad not working

Hi Cyril,

There's a possibility that you're getting this concern due to an out-dated driver. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check if ASUS Touchpad is enabled on your device. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Type Settingson the search bar and press Enter.
    • Select Devices.
    • Click Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options on the right pane.
    • Choose Device Settings (some called ELAN) pane, check Yes/No of Touchpad. If
      No, click Enable and select OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Joan Pin, Feb 27, 2023
  3. touchpad gestures two finger scroll not working Asus 501

Hi there,

1. Go to N501VW | ASUS Global Downloads
    2. Download the latest ATK - ATKPackage driver
    3. Download the latest TouchPad - ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver)
    4. Uninstall both the Touchpad driver and the Asus ATK package driver.
    5. Reboot
    6. First install ATKPackage driver (IMPORTANT to do this FIRST)
    7. Reboot
    8. Then install the TouchPad driver (may need to reboot)
    9. Test if all is working as it should

I had this same issue with my Asus UX305 when I upgraded to Windows version 1803 and doing the above steps solved the issue for me.

slicendice, Feb 27, 2023
  4. trogwolf Win User

ASUS Notebook K550JX Touchpad not recognized

SteveG47: At your suggestion I uninstalled ATK and Smart Gesture, downloaded those two and Chipset from the link you provided and the result, as expected was NO CHANGE. I say "as expected" because, as I said in my post,

"After install, ***I installed all of the driver software from ASUS.***

The Touchpad would not work. I discovered that the Touchpad does not appear in the Systems Device list. I reinstalled Windows 10 and ***I reinstalled the ASUS drivers.***"

In different laptops, apparently the Touchpad appears in one of two different locations in the Device Manager list of Devices. In some it appears in "Mice and other pointing Devices" while in others it appears in "Human Interface Devices" In my ASUS Notebook
    PC, Model number K550JX(-DM115D), the following Devices appear in those locations:

Human Interface Devices

HID-compliant consumer control device

HID-compliant vendor-defined device

HID-compliant vendor-defined device

HID-compliant wireless radio controls

USB Input Device

USB Input Device

Mice and other pointing devices

HID-compliant mouse

If somebody has a working ASUS K550J Notebook PC, perhaps you can tell me where your Touchpad device appears and what descriptor appears in the list.

Thank you.-

trogwolf, Feb 27, 2023
Thema:

1. ASUS Touchpad stopped responding to input - Similar Threads - ASUS Touchpad stopped

2. My Asus touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Asus touchpad stopped working: Hello, my apologies if this issue is not explicitly Microsoft related. However, I have windows 10 pro and Asus F751M. and just about 3 days ago the touchpad stopped working when i turned the laptop on. Here is everything i tried:- Windows update- manually updating the device...
  3. My Asus touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Asus touchpad stopped working: Hello, my apologies if this issue is not explicitly Microsoft related. However, I have windows 10 pro and Asus F751M. and just about 3 days ago the touchpad stopped working when i turned the laptop on. Here is everything i tried:- Windows update- manually updating the device...
  4. My Asus touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows stopped responding to almost every input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stopped responding to almost every input: The device froze, and after I restarted it, nothing but the file explorer searching for any files just prompts the loading icon, but yields no results which is attached to the task bar is being executed/ will run/ openPressing the physical Windows button won’t open the menu,...
  6. ASUS Touchpad stopped responding to input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Touchpad stopped responding to input: I have an ASUS TUF F15 gaming laptop running WIN11. 64-bit 10.0, build 22621. Recently, the touchpad stopped working entirely.I have checked whether disabled on this keyboard, FN-F9.According to Device Manager>Human Interface Devices>ASUS Precision Touchpad>Properties: I...
  7. ASUS Touchpad stopped responding to input

ASUS Touchpad stopped responding to input: I have an ASUS TUF F15 gaming laptop running WIN11. 64-bit 10.0, build 22621. Recently, the touchpad stopped working entirely.I have checked whether disabled on this keyboard, FN-F9.According to Device Manager>Human Interface Devices>ASUS Precision Touchpad>Properties: I...
  8. TouchPad is not responding

TouchPad is not responding: Hi Microsoft team, I have been using my touchpad every day and now since 1h I cannot use it anymore and not even sure I can find it in the Device Manager. I can use my keyboard but not the touchpad I can use my USB/bluetooth mouse tho. Would you mind to advise me or how...
  9. touchpad not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touchpad not responding: Now i have tried restarting my computer, updating and i even reset it but still my touchpad is unresponsive. I followed every youtube video on the subject which was difficult, since the my Hp computers setting seemed to have deleted the touchpad/clickpad from its setting and...
  10. Windows 10 stops responding to input devices

Windows 10 stops responding to input devices: I am using windows insider preview build 18908-rs_prerelease 190524-1858. After changing between programs or opening a browser window, my system stops responding to mouse clicks, although mouse cursor is still movable and stops responding to keyboard commands. I have updated...