Windows 10: ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled

Discus and support ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KennyTirtayasa, Oct 25, 2018.

1. ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled

ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled db319bad-58b8-4688-8b41-6d9fe0a6bbde?upload=true.png i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the touchpad was not working. i tried to pres fn+f9 to enable the touchpad but the pop up shows that the touchpad disabled and won't enable. What should i do?

:)

KennyTirtayasa, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Joan Pin Win User

ASUS Touchpad not working

Hi Cyril,

There's a possibility that you're getting this concern due to an out-dated driver. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check if ASUS Touchpad is enabled on your device. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Type Settingson the search bar and press Enter.
    • Select Devices.
    • Click Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options on the right pane.
    • Choose Device Settings (some called ELAN) pane, check Yes/No of Touchpad. If
      No, click Enable and select OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Joan Pin, Oct 25, 2018
  3. touchpad gestures two finger scroll not working Asus 501

Hi there,

1. Go to N501VW | ASUS Global Downloads
    2. Download the latest ATK - ATKPackage driver
    3. Download the latest TouchPad - ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver)
    4. Uninstall both the Touchpad driver and the Asus ATK package driver.
    5. Reboot
    6. First install ATKPackage driver (IMPORTANT to do this FIRST)
    7. Reboot
    8. Then install the TouchPad driver (may need to reboot)
    9. Test if all is working as it should

I had this same issue with my Asus UX305 when I upgraded to Windows version 1803 and doing the above steps solved the issue for me.

slicendice, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled

Disable touchpad

Hi,

Normally, you can disable the touchpad from Device Manager by follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on HID-compliant mouse and select Disable.
    • Click Yes.
    • Check if the touchpad is already disabled.

You can also contact the device manufacturer for further assistance if touchpad cannot be disabled.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled

1. ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled - Similar Threads - ASUS TouchPad suddenly

2. Asus touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus touchpad: I accidentally deleted the touchpad driver in my computer and I cannot get it back, now the touchpad is not working at all. how can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-touchpad/007f10df-6173-4c64-a20f-9bd12ef1a18d
  3. Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop: Hey guys, I have an ASUS G751JL laptop running Windows 10 version 1903 and I can't for the life of me disable the touchpad. I've spent hours troubleshooting it and nothing has worked so far and the F9 function key isn't working. So far I have *updated all my drivers,...
  4. how to disable touchpad for asus laptop

how to disable touchpad for asus laptop: how to disable the touchpad for asus laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-touchpad-for-asus-laptop/c46149f3-7175-4a35-8c12-05cec9f20b99
  5. My asus zenbook UX431F touchpad suddenly disappeared.

My asus zenbook UX431F touchpad suddenly disappeared.: Hi, i just got my laptop about a week ago and it has since requested me to "shut down and update" twice which i did. However after the second update the touchpad suddenly stopped working. The curser does not show up unless i attach a usb/wireless mouse to the laptop. It also...
  6. ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  7. ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled

ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  8. FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad

FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad: Hi, I'm looking for a solution to fix the function combination to disable/enable the touchpad for my ASUS laptop (fn+f9). Here is a list of troubleshooting that I have already conducted myself: Downloaded ASUS Smart Gesture. Browsed to "Program Files (x86) /Asus Smart...
  9. How to Disable ASUS Touchpad?

How to Disable ASUS Touchpad?: How can I disable the ASUS touchpad on my ASUS laptop? The latest Windows 10 upgrade restored the functionality of the touchpad, which I had disabled. I have uninstalled the touchpad driver and restarted the computer three times from Control Panel, but it still works. I...
  10. Asus touchpad how do i disable

Asus touchpad how do i disable: I had the touch pad disabled on my asus N76V when an external mouse was connected - which is 99% of the time. It was pretty simple in my mouse settings. Since installing W10 it no longer shuts off. I even went so far as following an instruction to go into startup and...