Windows 10: Asus trackpad wont disable

Discus and support Asus trackpad wont disable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yeah, I'm fully aware of the other threads about this very issue, but not a single one has helped. fn+f9 doesn't work. Neither does updating or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Orion038S, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Orion038S Win User

Asus trackpad wont disable

Yeah, I'm fully aware of the other threads about this very issue, but not a single one has helped. fn+f9 doesn't work. Neither does updating or uninstalling the drivers. The options to disable the trackpad simply just aren't there. It's frustrating because the trackpad had only just this morning started working on its own. I had a similar issue with an old Viao laptop that never got fixed. At this point, I'm willing to use instructions on cutting this f***ing this out.

I'm using an Asus G771JM. Windows 10.

:)

Orion038S, Dec 7, 2019
  2. skimon Win User

How can one disable right click on Asus UX303LN trackpad asus smart gesture

I have an asus UX303LN and it has two methods to right click on the trackpad, the first is to use 2 fingers on the trackpad which I like and would like to keep. The second is to click in the bottom right of the trackpad (which I always do by mistake) and do not want to keep.

I found another post that shows how to remove the asus smartgesture software and replace it with an ElanTech driver, however the driver wont install on this particular laptop so i suspect the hardware is not elan. The device shows as an HID compliant vendor defined device in the device manager.

Looking at the regsitry settings in software current user asus smartgesture, I see lots of boolean defines but nothing really that would apply to right clicking.

Does anyone know how to disable the single finger right click on this trackpad?

Thanks

skimon, Dec 7, 2019
  3. noejavier Win User
    trackpad not working

No. Because the troubleshooting guide on device manager wont even resolve my solution as it is also a basic and one of the primary steps to do but no avail. Tried installing powerplan7 and trackpad++ suggested by relentless on apple forums but with
    no success for me. Until now i can't use windows 10 installed on my macbook pro 15inch late 2008 because of the trackpad/touchpad failure.

noejavier, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Asus trackpad wont disable

Disabling trackpad when external mouse is active

I have an ASUS laptop running Win10. The touchpad gestures sometimes accidentally activate and make a hash of my typing. I wish to use an external mouse and disable trackpad automatically when that mouse is active. Your advice says:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Select Ease of Access.
    3. Click Touchpad.
    4. Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    5. You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

As you no doubt know, these instructions are WRONG. There is no toggle switch under touchpad, and no option to toggle touchpad off when using external mouse.

I allow WIN10 to update. It is updated.

So what is the secret? And why is it a secret?

Editorsteve1, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Asus trackpad wont disable

1. Asus trackpad wont disable - Similar Threads - Asus trackpad wont

2. Cannot disable trackpad anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot disable trackpad anymore?: So recently I reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop, and only a few minor things changed. I do not use the trackpad whatsoever so I figured I would disable it via pressing the key on the keyboard... it didn't work. I figured that I would have to go into the settings and...
  3. Cannot disable trackpad anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot disable trackpad anymore?: So recently I reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop, and only a few minor things changed. I do not use the trackpad whatsoever so I figured I would disable it via pressing the key on the keyboard... it didn't work. I figured that I would have to go into the settings and...
  4. Cannot disable trackpad anymore?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. asus trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asus trackpad not working: I have an 'asus tuf dash f15' and recently when i went to use my laptop today the trackpad doesn't seem to be working at all. my keyboard still works though and any mouse plugged in through usb works fine.I have - - turned trackpad off and back on- checked for driver updates-...
  6. asus trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asus trackpad not working: I have an 'asus tuf dash f15' and recently when i went to use my laptop today the trackpad doesn't seem to be working at all. my keyboard still works though and any mouse plugged in through usb works fine.I have - - turned trackpad off and back on- checked for driver updates-...
  7. Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad: Hi everyone, I'm trying to get two-finger scrolling and right-clicking working on the trackpad. Currently, it's just the Microsoft generic drivers operating the device and the multitouch functionality isn't working. The device ID is ACPI\VEN_SYN&DEV_0A06, though, I suspect...
  8. Trackpad's gestures wont work??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad's gestures wont work??: Im new here so sorry if this issue is already posted about but its been months that my trackpad wont work its gestures. I did everything right from updating my trackpad, disabling it and uninstalling it. Disabling worked but i had to do it every time i opened my laptop. Its...
  9. Asus Trackpad Not Working

Asus Trackpad Not Working: Hi, my trackpad on my Asus N550jk isn't working despite uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and rolling back drivers. Please help. Oh and for some reason the Asus console has the trackpad grayed out for some reason....
  10. Can't disable trackpad on Asus Windows 10

Can't disable trackpad on Asus Windows 10: Recently, I've noticed that the trackpad has been turning on despite having a mouse plugged in. I'm currently not sure on how to disable the trackpad. If anyone could be of help, that would be appreciated. 16703