Windows 10: Asus Tuff Gaming FX505DT-WB52 locks up while gaming

Discus and support Asus Tuff Gaming FX505DT-WB52 locks up while gaming in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an asus FX505DT-WB52 laptop and there's been a couple times where roblox locked up but today my whole computer locked up but I was able to ctrl... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by smirk24, Nov 27, 2020.

1. smirk24 Win User

Asus Tuff Gaming FX505DT-WB52 locks up while gaming

I have an asus FX505DT-WB52 laptop and there's been a couple times where roblox locked up but today my whole computer locked up but I was able to ctrl alt delete with no problem but then it'd lock up my whole computer again. And I'm thinking maybe I installed the drivers in the wrong order? Maybe it's getting to hot or maybe roblox is to buggy and locked up my computer.

What order should I install my driver's? And which drivers should I install from asus and which ones should I let windows install?

And last what log can I look at in event viewer that would give me a good idea on what's going on?

Thank you for your help Asus Tuff Gaming FX505DT-WB52 locks up while gaming :)

:)

smirk24, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Meiwu Win User

RAM Upgrade help, ASUS TUF GAMING FX505DT

Please help, im new to everything about RAM and i want to upgrade my ASUS TUF FX505DT to 8GB or even 12 GB
    currently i have a single channel ram 4GB, is it okay to buy a single 8GB RAM and install it alongside the 4GB RAM? making up a total of 12GB? or it is mandatory that it has to be the same size? like 4x4 8x8 16x16? also is brand an issue?, please help. Sorry for my english as it is not my first language. Thank you!

What specific RAM should i buy for my 4GB ASUS TUF FX505DT? I might upgrade to 16GB in the future as well.

Could you also please recommend me a RAM stick? Im really new and im sorry.

this was my report from CPU-Z

Asus Tuff Gaming FX505DT-WB52 locks up while gaming [​IMG]

Asus Tuff Gaming FX505DT-WB52 locks up while gaming [​IMG]

also is my laptop at 2400mhz or 2666mhz?

Meiwu, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Upgrade Ram Question for Asus Tuf FX505DT Laptop

Looks like Berton got there first..... and or thinking was very much along the same lines.

Did you enter BIOS and see what it is seeing?

Think I would load defaults in BIOS to allow it to sense what is installed.

Still fails I would return. Modules can be bad.

Asus usually has a Qualified Vendor list.

One site that I've never had issues with Crucial.com

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | asus | asus notebooks | TUF Gaming FX505DT | Crucial.com

Normally I try to match specs on memory modules.

Caledon Ken, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

Upgrade Ram Question for Asus Tuf FX505DT Laptop

A Search using the full name of the machine is fruitful, gets this information:
    Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | asus | asus notebooks | TUF Gaming FX505DT | Crucial.com

Did you check in the BIOS to see if it was recognized? While in there you may also have to change from single-channel to dual-channel to get better performance. Some computers will automatically change but some need a setting change.

Berton, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Asus Tuff Gaming FX505DT-WB52 locks up while gaming - Similar Threads - Asus Tuff Gaming

2. Windows Virtualization on ASUS Tuff Gaming not working nor in V10 or V11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Virtualization on ASUS Tuff Gaming not working nor in V10 or V11: Windows boot failure after enabling sandbox with SVM in Asus Laptop used the startup advanced mode Steps: Turn on + ESC + F7 for advanced modeI am using an ASUS TUF GAMING FX-505DD Laptop....
  3. Windows Virtualization on ASUS Tuff Gaming not working nor in V10 or V11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Virtualization on ASUS Tuff Gaming not working nor in V10 or V11: Windows boot failure after enabling sandbox with SVM in Asus Laptop used the startup advanced mode Steps: Turn on + ESC + F7 for advanced modeI am using an ASUS TUF GAMING FX-505DD Laptop....
  4. Asus Tuff A15 Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Tuff A15 Reset: Okay so this morning I tried to install windows updates and reset my laptop, after it reset it came up with blue screen telling inaccessible boot device, I have tried everything I can think of. When I tried sfcscan it says it repaired corrupted files I restart and same thing,...
  5. Asus Tuff A15 Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Tuff A15 Reset: Okay so this morning I tried to install windows updates and reset my laptop, after it reset it came up with blue screen telling inaccessible boot device, I have tried everything I can think of. When I tried sfcscan it says it repaired corrupted files I restart and same thing,...
  6. My laptop asus tuff gaming fx504ge freezes on BIOS upgrade screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop asus tuff gaming fx504ge freezes on BIOS upgrade screen: While doing some deayed windows updates BIOS upgrade was ine of them... I didn't notice it till my laptop restart and freezed at the BIOS upgrade saying "warning bios upgrade in progress don't turn off your computer "It has been 8 hours now with no progress at all and neither...
  7. Laptop locks while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop locks while gaming: I have this issue that while im playing games, sometimes depends on which game it says locking and goes into sleepmode. Then i have to turn my laptop off and back on by the power button. How can i fix this issue? Laptop: hp pavilion gaming 15-ec150nd windows 10 build 2004...
  8. PC locks while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC locks while gaming: Hello everyone! Some time ago I had some problems with rams( BSOD- Critical Process died, System_service_exception, Memory_managent ), but we managed to solve them and everything was good until this week. I started to have random freezes while gaming, I still can use my...
  9. PC locks while gaming

PC locks while gaming: Hello everyone! Some time ago I had some problems with rams( BSOD- Critical Process died, System_service_exception, Memory_managent ), but we managed to solve them and everything was good until this week. I started to have random freezes while gaming, I still can use my...
  10. PC lock up, while playing games.

PC lock up, while playing games.: Hello. New PC build in February and have been having random crashes only while games are running, I can not recreate the situation, crashes are sometimes days apart and other times I will get several in the same day. The crash is, PC will lock up completely as if a...