Windows 10: ASUS U56E Laptop Rebooting Issues

Discus and support ASUS U56E Laptop Rebooting Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an ASUS U56E laptop that has an issue with random restarts. By that I mean that I can boot the laptop and it will boot fine and anywhere from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snifferpro, Jan 29, 2017.

1. ASUS U56E Laptop Rebooting Issues

I have an ASUS U56E laptop that has an issue with random restarts.

By that I mean that I can boot the laptop and it will boot fine and anywhere from 1 minute or more the laptop will reboot itself. It always reboots fine.

I have tried to narrow down the issue but haven't found anything to completely solve the issue.

I have noticed there is a chime of some sort just before it shuts down.

I disabled the internal network card and used a USB network adapter and that lessened the frequency of the shutdowns, but they are still occurring,

After disabling the internal netwark adapter and using the USB network adapter I can boot and leave the system idling (doing nothing) that it does not reboot. If I then start browsing with Firefox it will eventually reboot itself again.

I"ve checked the Event Viewer and there are several entries for Kernal Power. Image attached.

Not sure where else to look to see what is causing the laptop to reboot.

Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated.

:)

snifferpro, Jan 29, 2017

2. Windows 10 Won't Remember Wi-Fi

Hi again to be clear I am running the latest win 10 update (Nov) asus laptop U56E and I have the same problem with the wifi password not logging on automatically

Thank you

PBaldwin888, Jan 29, 2017
  3. OrinS Win User
    Unable to install Asus smart gesture driver on Windows 10

I have the Asus U56E laptop. I had the same problem with getting this error message every time I tried to install the Windows 10 Smart Gesture driver.

What finally worked for me was going to this web page, Asus U56E Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and scrolling
    down to the "Mouse and Touchpad Drivers" section. I then downloaded the "ELAN PS/2 Port Smart-Pad" driver, which seems to be for Windows 8.1. When
    I ran the downloaded Setup program it installed a new version of Smart Gesture, and now everything works just as well as with Windows 7.

The ELAN driver may not work for all Asus laptops, some of which may have Synaptics touchpads. But there are drivers for those on the same web page. If none of those work you may wish to go to web page, Asus Laptops & Desktops Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP,
    and select the laptop model there.

Hope this helps.

OrinS, Jan 29, 2017
  4. telepro21 Win User

ASUS U56E Laptop Rebooting Issues

I have done some quick research on the 'Net and it seems that your model ASUS U56E suffers this reported problem quite a bit. (Going back several years, too) Most tech threads that I have reviewed recommend a return to ASUS because there is a power problem on the motherboard.

telepro21, Jan 29, 2017
  5. Well that might be a little difficult as this laptop is 4 to 5 years old. So returning to ASUS probably won't fly.
    I appreciate your response though. May be time to look for a replacement laptop.

Thanks again

snifferpro, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ASUS U56E Laptop Rebooting Issues

1. ASUS U56E Laptop Rebooting Issues - Similar Threads - ASUS U56E Laptop

2. Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting: Hi. My asus zenbook laptop works fine till I dont restart it and occassionally windows 11 updates and restarts and then it gets stuck at the asus logo and the ring keeps on circling. I have done a reset to the laptop 2-3 times, it works untill i restart it again. Can someone...
  3. Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting: Hi. My asus zenbook laptop works fine till I dont restart it and occassionally windows 11 updates and restarts and then it gets stuck at the asus logo and the ring keeps on circling. I have done a reset to the laptop 2-3 times, it works untill i restart it again. Can someone...
  4. My Asus laptop reboots itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Asus laptop reboots itself: My newly purchased Asus Zephyrus M16 laptop, once awhile would reboot itself. I don't edit videos or play games. I have a i9-12900, 3070i graphics, 16gb ram. I see graphic and cpu utilization low, and a very high RAM utlilization of 80-90%, and CPU temperature constantly...
  5. My Asus laptop reboots itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Asus laptop reboots itself: My newly purchased Asus Zephyrus M16 laptop, once awhile would reboot itself. I don't edit videos or play games. I have a i9-12900, 3070i graphics, 16gb ram. I see graphic and cpu utilization low, and a very high RAM utlilization of 80-90%, and CPU temperature constantly...
  6. My Asus laptop reboots itself

7. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues: Recently just bought a new gaming laptop from Asus. Downloaded some games and immediately realized that I couldn't connect to most games and even the microsoft store, with them saying there was a connection issue.My wifi is perfectly fine, I can access apps like discord, zoom...
  8. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues: Recently just bought a new gaming laptop from Asus. Downloaded some games and immediately realized that I couldn't connect to most games and even the microsoft store, with them saying there was a connection issue.My wifi is perfectly fine, I can access apps like discord, zoom...
  9. Asus Laptop issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus Laptop issue: Hello, I have an issue with my ASUS laptop. When I type something on internet, creation of folder.... a bunch of *********** appear by themselves. I don't know from where it is coming: keyboard issue, mouse pad issue ?? Any idea, how to fix this ? Thanks KD...
  10. Audio issues on Asus Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issues on Asus Laptop: So my wife is having an odd issue on her laptop and I need a little help fixing it. When she plugs her headphones in (SkullCandy) with an Aux Mic cord (Also SkullCandy) the Laptop won't play sounds through the headphones but through the laptops speakers as if they weren't...