Windows 10: ASUS UEFI Harddisk Boot Priority

Discus and support ASUS UEFI Harddisk Boot Priority in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 1909 was originally installed in a 500 GB hard disk.Since the hard disk was giving trouble recently a 1 TB disk got installed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joe2005, Nov 25, 2019.

1. joe2005 Win User

ASUS UEFI Harddisk Boot Priority

Windows 10 Pro 1909 was originally installed in a 500 GB hard disk.Since the hard disk was giving trouble recently a 1 TB disk got installed and shifted the os but retained the old one for storage..When some updates were not able to install did sfc scannow which returned that resource could not be opened or whatever.Then did "DISM retsore" health which returned "fatal hardware fail".tested the 1 TB hard disk with seagate tools and it failed long generic Backup done with Macrium Reflect which returned MFT error 6 which could not be fixed by DISKCHK.So I decided to shift the os to old drive for removing the new one for repairs..Cloned the os partition and now OS in old disk boots as long as new disk partition remained in place.Then able to install updates and upgraded to 1909..
    Now i wanted to change the boot priority from new to old but old disk is missing in boot priority 1 or 2.Kindly advise me how to change priority.I have attached two images of bios..thanks

:)

joe2005, Nov 25, 2019

2. Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi

Can you attempt the suggested steps in the following article?

https://www.qualityology.com/tech/disable-asus-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Nov 25, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Convert dual boot to single boot

Solved. The problem wasn't EasyBCD and how I was doing it (or I could do it as NavyLCDR suggests). The problem was the ASUS UEFI BIOS. I had to delete "Windows Boot Loader" from the boot list.

fireberd, Nov 25, 2019
  4. slance310 Win User

My UEFI boot isn't working

Hi,

Since your ASUS Logo is furnished by the motherboard bios, I would check in your Bios for any type of Display and\or Resolution Settings...

If your machine has two graphics controllers, it may have switched...

If you select Boot Options at the Asus Logo, any drive attached to your machine will appear... The fact that it appears does not mean it is bootable...

With a UEFI machine, Windows requires at least 2 partitions, but usually has 3... A "EFI", OS, and "Recovery"...

The EFI is specific to UEFI booting and actually contains the boot instructions... It will not appear in your boot options as "EFI"... It will be listed as "Windows Boot Manager"...

slance310, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. ASUS UEFI Harddisk Boot Priority - Similar Threads - ASUS UEFI Harddisk

2. Boot Device Priorities

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Device Priorities: When I go into Bios and change my Boot Device Priorities it does not recognize I have Windows Boot Manager saved as my first priority and therefore I keep getting the Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected Boot device and press a key...
  3. UEFI Boot

UEFI Boot: Following a Windows 10 updateto version 2004 on 18thAugust 2020, my PC goes into a boot loop, I can get out of it by pressing F12 and selecting Windows Boot Manager rather than the default UEFI partition 1 on a Kingston SSD. The PC then boots and runs normally. I would like...
  4. ASUS UEFI Harddisk Boot Priority

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS UEFI Harddisk Boot Priority: Windows 10 Pro 1909 was originally installed in a 500 GB hard disk.Since the hard disk was giving trouble recently a 1 TB disk got installed and shifted the os but retained the old one for storage..When some updates were not able to install did sfc scannow which returned that...
  5. Boot Options Priorities

Boot Options Priorities: Hello, I have an issue with my laptop randomly going to a blue screen saying your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you. Then it goes to internal hard disk drive not found which takes me to the...
  6. UEFI Windows Boot Manager Keeps taking boot priority.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    UEFI Windows Boot Manager Keeps taking boot priority.: I cloned over to an SSD, and now I can't boot right into windows after a new day boot or restart. I've changed the priority in the bios, tinkered in MSConfig, and even ran the CMD prompt bcdedit /set {bootmgr} timeout 0 128703
  7. UEFI BOOT

UEFI BOOT: Hi Smart People Dell Inspiron i5-3x Win10 I recently installed Crucial MS500 500MB SSD replacing a HDD after cloning (Acronis software that is provided by Crucial) and it's experiencing Boot issues. When booting normally it brings me to a screen asking me to select my...
  8. Boot - change priority

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot - change priority: Hi, I have a Lenovo computer. The default system in Windows 10. I want to run Linux Mint from USB. How can I change the settings so that the computer recognize Linux and run it from stick? Thank you, Adriana...
  9. No boot priority order.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No boot priority order.: So I just got a new acer one 10 tablet the model is one S1003and when I enter the settings by pressing F2 while acer logo is there I get Main,Boot, and exit option only. I just wanted to get 64 bit on windows 10 because I have 32 bit windows 10 but there was no boot priority...
  10. Win10_Pro_15031 won't boot with "UEFI" selected in Asus Bios

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10_Pro_15031 won't boot with "UEFI" selected in Asus Bios: I have a home built desktop with an Asus Maximus V Gene mob with a Intel 3570k CPU running UEFI on Win 10 Pro 15031 preview. All updates have been applied and I have the latest BIOS from Asus. I have 3 SSD's, each with a separate OS: (1) Win 7 HP 64 bit (2) Win 10 Pro...