Windows 10: ASUS UL50Vt Notebook with hybrid graphics has BSOD after a random time after upgrade to Win...

Discus and support ASUS UL50Vt Notebook with hybrid graphics has BSOD after a random time after upgrade to Win... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Minidump of the BSOD, can I post it here for you to check where the problem is?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OrganicMan, Jan 22, 2020.

1. ASUS UL50Vt Notebook with hybrid graphics has BSOD after a random time after upgrade to Win...

I have a Minidump of the BSOD, can I post it here for you to check where the problem is?

:)

OrganicMan, Jan 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade fail BSOD - AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics - Sony Vaio SVE14A26C

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 will run on a PC with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) graphics.

Since Sony has confirmed that you might face BSOD with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics SVE14A* computer model. I would suggest you to disable one of the graphic card driver and then try upgrading to Windows 10 and check.

For disabling one of the graphic card follow the steps .

Uninstall the Device Drivers :

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the Graphics Card device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
    the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 22, 2020
  3. MazFam Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade fail BSOD - AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics - Sony Vaio SVE14A26C

Hi,

I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 and the installation failed (BSOD) during the upgrade.

The laptop restarted and seamlessly reverted back to Windows 8.1. The laptop works perfectly fine, albeit on windows 8.1.

Sony have posted "Windows 10 Upgrade test results for Vaio PCs Pre-Installed with Windows 8" that can be found at:

Sony eSupport - Windows 10 Information for Sony VAIO PC

The result for SVE14A is -

• (F1): Critical (Bluescreen) error occurs on AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics systems. To determine if your VAIO has Hybrid Graphics, go to the Windows Device Manager (both AMD and Intel display adapters will show up) or visit the Specifications section
      for your model on this website.
    Will Windows 10 be able to run on a PC with AMD/Intel Hybrd (Switchable) graphics?

I'm not holding my breath that Sony will be able to provide a workable solution

Please help!!

Cheers

Jo

MazFam, Jan 22, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

ASUS UL50Vt Notebook with hybrid graphics has BSOD after a random time after upgrade to Win...

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

ASUS UL50Vt Notebook with hybrid graphics has BSOD after a random time after upgrade to Win...

1. ASUS UL50Vt Notebook with hybrid graphics has BSOD after a random time after upgrade to Win... - Similar Threads - ASUS UL50Vt Notebook

2. WIN 10 BSOD after graphics driver update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN 10 BSOD after graphics driver update: Updated graphics driver to 537.13 on 9/7 after having been at 466.47 the only driver that hasn't given me issues, but I can't play any games, like BG3, with it. Got a watchdog error which caused a BSOD. This has happened in the past with other drivers, but generally happens...
  3. WIN 10 BSOD after graphics driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 10 BSOD after graphics driver update: Updated graphics driver to 537.13 on 9/7 after having been at 466.47 the only driver that hasn't given me issues, but I can't play any games, like BG3, with it. Got a watchdog error which caused a BSOD. This has happened in the past with other drivers, but generally happens...
  4. Random BSODs after upgrading to ssd

Random BSODs after upgrading to ssd: For the past 2 weeks I have been having random bsod crashes either after startup on the login screen or just after shutting down. Prior to this, I have been using the pc on a HDD for about a year and it was running flawlessly with no issues. Once i upgraded to an ssd however,...
  5. Random BSoDs after upgrading PC

Random BSoDs after upgrading PC: Hello, I have recently upgraded my PC with brand new hardware, and also have downloaded the software associated with it all. 95% of the time, the PC is fine. But when I try to let it run overnight to see if it will crash, it does. Just this morning, it crashed at around...
  6. Random BSOD after upgrading to Win10

Random BSOD after upgrading to Win10: Hello Guys, I upgraded to Win10 with massive random BSODs. Im like getting crazy, I updated all drivers manuelly, every little device driver I could found but with no luck. I had Win 7 for several years without a single BSOD but after the upgrade it happens on random. Im...
  7. Random BSODs after upgrade

Random BSODs after upgrade: Hello everyone! I have a pretty old computer, 775 socket which I recently upgraded by replacing my memory and CPU, adding 3x2 GB of Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHz and Xeon E5440 (771 to 775 mod). Since then I have experienced random BSODs where some of them had minidumps and...
  8. BSODs at random times after windows upgrade

BSODs at random times after windows upgrade: Hi there, I recently managed to get a cryptowall/cryptolocker virus. I wiped everything, formatted c: and reinstalled windows 7 home premium. Was getting constant, seemingly random BSODs 10+ times daily. Tried a bunch of things, didn't work, so recently upgraded to windows...
  9. BSOD at random times after Windows refresh

BSOD at random times after Windows refresh: Refreshed windows about close to a week ago after my system seemed to be running slow. have gotten 3 BSOD in about a week and wanted to see if anyone could give me an idea of what is happening. The BSOD has happened seemingly randomly, I monitor my temps consistently and...
  10. Upgrading to Win 10 - after upgrading incompatible graphics card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Win 10 - after upgrading incompatible graphics card: I've managed to upgrade some of my home PC's from Win 7 or Win 8 to Wn 10 without any significant problems, but I am having major difficulty upgrading one of my PC's. It is running Win 7 Home 32-bit and when I originally ran the Windows 10 upgrade advisor, it indicated...