Windows 10: ASUS USB-AC56 Disconnecting every 5 minutes (Quick fix hopefully)

Discus and support ASUS USB-AC56 Disconnecting every 5 minutes (Quick fix hopefully) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Alright, i have seen a lot of solutions for this "unique" wifi adapter. There are some good ones to be found IF my solution is not to be at any help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MathiasRun, Sep 14, 2019.

1. ASUS USB-AC56 Disconnecting every 5 minutes (Quick fix hopefully)

Alright, i have seen a lot of solutions for this "unique" wifi adapter.

There are some good ones to be found IF my solution is not to be at any help. A lot of the solutions there is are quite advanced and u need to do this for make that to do what...
    But mine is working perfectly, all i did was
    - right click START MENU , select Decive manager
    - Find your Network adapter (ASUS USB AC56)
    - Right click on it (Select Properties)

I just disabled the energy save option wich is standard enabled, running windows 10 64-bit.
    And now it works like a charm.
    It kept disconnecting like every 5-10 minute . but i guess this is how it woked out for me.

As i said there are more advanced threads about how u can make it work.

I have no clue or what so ever what impact that function have on the USB port itself, since the adapter is always connected (?) but yeah. Give this a Go , and i hope it works!

:)

MathiasRun, Sep 14, 2019

2. ASUS USB-AC56 Disconnecting every 5 minutes (Quick fix hopefully)

Alright, i have seen a lot of solutions for this "unique" wifi adapter.

There are some good ones to be found IF my solution is not to be at any help. A lot of the solutions there is are quite advanced and u need to do this for make that to do what...

But mine is working perfectly, all i did was

- right click START MENU , select Decive manager

- Find your Network adapter (ASUS USB AC56)

- Right click on it (Select Properties)

I just disabled the energy save option wich is standard enabled, running windows 10 64-bit.

And now it works like a charm.

It kept disconnecting like every 5-10 minute . but i guess this is how it woked out for me.

As i said there are more advanced threads about how u can make it work.

I have no clue or what so ever what impact that function have on the USB port itself, since the adapter is always connected (?) but yeah. Give this a Go , and i hope it works!

MathiasRun, Sep 25, 2019
  3. ASUS USB-AC56 adapter and Windows 10

Also the speed is TERRIBLE and SAME for both 2.4G and 5.0G.

Distance between RT-AC68U and USB-AC56 is 4 meters.

USB-AC56 advance setting are default, but I get the same result with the above suggested settings.

Testing the speed with a USB-SSD drive connected to the RT-AC68U via AiCloud.

Note that both bands are still in AC-mode of some of reason

Any suggestions???

ASUS USB-AC56 Disconnecting every 5 minutes (Quick fix hopefully) 9d2a5dd3-a9bd-4334-92e0-032374e4d3ad.png

Peter Thai, Sep 25, 2019
  4. ASUS USB-AC56 Disconnecting every 5 minutes (Quick fix hopefully)

ASUS USB-AC56 adapter and Windows 10

Finished my tweaking for now. My last post in this thread as I'm done with the Asus USB-AC56, which I couldn't get faster than around 250 Mbps in AC-mode with a third-party firmware, as Asus own firmware did not like the Asus USB-AC56 as I only managed to
    get around 70-90 Mbps out of it.

Ended up with:

Router: RT-AC68U

Firmware: 3.0.0.4.380_4164

Adapter: D-link DWA-192 adapter

Driver: 1030.6.1201.2015

Distance: 4.2 meters in the same room.

Needless to say, but Asus USB-AC56 sucks and will be sold immediately.... Last time I ever buy an Asus product any more.... Thanks

ASUS USB-AC56 Disconnecting every 5 minutes (Quick fix hopefully) 7cd05365-5cc2-4a57-be0e-17385d2434c0.png

ASUS USB-AC56 Disconnecting every 5 minutes (Quick fix hopefully) 7fde4108-f358-42ac-ad96-465b1885582a.png

Peter Thai, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

ASUS USB-AC56 Disconnecting every 5 minutes (Quick fix hopefully)

1. ASUS USB-AC56 Disconnecting every 5 minutes (Quick fix hopefully) - Similar Threads - ASUS USB AC56

2. External usb wifi gets disconnected after 5 minutes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External usb wifi gets disconnected after 5 minutes.: I purchased a new usb wifi stick for my laptop. I have installed all the drivers. It gets connected to wifi and later after 5 minutes it automatically gets disconnected.so initially it shows "wifi" and "wifi4" in the drop down of wifi. 5 minutes after connection it just shows...
  3. USB Ports disconnecting every 5 minutes for 5 seconds.

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Ports disconnecting every 5 minutes for 5 seconds.: So ever since i updated my windows a few days ago, my usb ports which has my headset, keyboard and mouse connected to it disconnects for 5 seconds then connects itself back and this occurs every 5 minutes. I have tried every method of leaving usb ports running when pc is on...
  4. Disconnecting from the Wi-Fi every 5-10 minutes

Disconnecting from the Wi-Fi every 5-10 minutes: I have a problem with my wifi where i disconnect from the wifi every 5-10 minutes and reconnects afterwards. Its really bugging me, because i can´t do anything. Its a new wifi adapter, but i had the same problem with the "old" one i refunded it because i thought it was a...
  5. Random USB disconnect sound every few minutes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random USB disconnect sound every few minutes...: Yea so it's occuring every 5 minutes and is getting annoying, (the mouse cursor will disappear briefly for 1 second before the sound kicks in) I checked event viewer and there are many red error messages. Most are related to defrag error of both my SSD and HDD, some...
  6. ASUS PCE-AC56 issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ASUS PCE-AC56 issues: Hi all, it's been a struggle to find a solution, so here's my desperate post. I installed a new network adapter ASUS PCE-AC56 ("latest driver" from 19-Sep-2015 v.7.35.317.0) on my PC which is running Windows 10 and I'm getting extremely slow download speed when on wifi:...
  7. BSOD every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every 5 minutes: ***moved on english forum*** Hello guys, I really need your support there, my PC crashes every 5 minutes with BSOD, ive done A LOT OF TEST, tested all my componant, all is good. New new Windows, all driver ok etc... etc... Here is my minidump crash link :...
  8. WiFi Disconnecting Every 5-10 Minutes

WiFi Disconnecting Every 5-10 Minutes: Hello- I have a Dell G7 laptop with windows 10 installed. When I am on my home wireless network, my computer disconnects itself from the network every 5-10 minutes. I have troubleshooted this problem and tried many methods of fixing it. When I do trouble shoot, I always get...
  9. Wifi disconnects every 5 minutes.

Wifi disconnects every 5 minutes.: I am having issues with my computer, I'm on windows 10. My wifi disconnect every 5-ish minutes, when I reconnect the wifi adapter, it works for 5 minutes and disconnects again. Works on all other devices, I tried to update/install network drivers, but I can't figure out how....
  10. Anniversary Update and Asus USB-AC56 Wireless Adapter

Anniversary Update and Asus USB-AC56 Wireless Adapter: I've been using an Asus USB-AC56 wireless adapter with my desktop. Windows 10 Pro with Anniversary Update. This wireless adapter used to work well with my desktop before the Anniversary Update, and now it connects for a little while and then disconnects. Windows actually...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus usb-ac56 disconnecting

2. asus ac56 keeps disconnecting

3. asus ac56 disconnects

4. asus usb-ac56 win10 fix