Windows 10: Asus USB drivers

Discus and support Asus USB drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, I just bought a USB 3.0 stick and noticed the transfer rate is not holding at it's peak. It goes up and down from 2-24.9MB. I tested a few of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Scramjet, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Scramjet Win User

Asus USB drivers

Hi All,
    I just bought a USB 3.0 stick and noticed the transfer rate is not holding at it's peak. It goes up and down from 2-24.9MB. I tested a few of my 2.0 USB sticks and they seem to hold at their top rate or close to it. Not sure if it's the stick or the drivers. Maybe this is normal for some USB sticks. Hoping to get some answers here.
    My motherboard;
    ASUS Z270 TUF Mark 1
    Win 10 1809
    In device Manager under "Universal Serial Bus controllers are the following;
    ASMedia USB Root Hub
    ASMedia USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller
    Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)
    USB Composite Device
    USB Composite Device
    USB Mass Storage Device
    USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)

Does it make any difference if the drivers are Microsoft or Asus drivers? Would it make any difference to the performance for stability of the transfer rate?
    If the ASUS USB drivers are better for my MB, where can I download those driver separately from the other ASUS drivers that are on the ASUS Support site. I can't seem to find them. Not sure if they are inside other utility drivers on the ASUS site.
    Greatly appreciate any replies

:)

Scramjet, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

I Need SM-USB 007 Driver

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 9, 2019
  3. ASUS USB-BT400 DRIVER

I was trying to install my Asus bt400, win 7 could not find it

downloaded drivers from asus. would not work

searched ms found link to update and fix asus driver and did not realize that is was going to a 3rd party company in india - they cannot and do not speak English very well.

this is the link ASUS USB-BT400 Driver Download for Windows 10, 7, 8/8.1 - Drivers Update Center

Do not go here they want to take your money. I called and ask if this was a paid program,

finally after explaining what I was saying 5 times to some guy from india who did not understand english. I just hung up on him the the buttwad call me back. Needless to say I was and am not very happy about that.

Ashica2015, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Asus USB drivers

USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Asus USB drivers

1. Asus USB drivers - Similar Threads - Asus USB drivers

2. DRIVER FOR .. ASUS USB BT400

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRIVER FOR .. ASUS USB BT400: Why .........BLUETOOTH DRIVER FOR ..ASUS USB BT400 not work with win 10 /64bits ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-asus-usb-bt400/cf87900e-b9b3-4498-af9c-5b1c1fbdaa2b
  3. asus sound drivers

asus sound drivers: i have asus p7p55d-evo old board but on win7 i can have 5.1 sound but not anymore on win10 its via chip Can someone have look on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-sound-drivers/2d17b680-d82a-4593-8c42-45a3e982918d
  4. Asus B450 drivers

Asus B450 drivers: Hello i am not sure if i should update the Sata and Chips set drivers on my B450 F MB, when i go to the suppport page on asus for the drivers i get 2 warning Version 18.50.062019/01/23371.01 MBytesAMD Chipset driver 18.50.06AMD Chipset Driver V18.50.06 for Windows Win10...
  5. ASUS H370+ drivers

ASUS H370+ drivers: A few months ago I replaced an old dying MB with an ASUS H370+ MB and an Intel i5-8400. I downloaded and installed the (supposedly) appropriate drivers from the ASUS web site. Later I noticed that Device Manager showed a missing driver for the SM bus controller. I tried...
  6. realtek asus drivers not sustained

realtek asus drivers not sustained: a week ago, i noticed there was no sound, each day now have been installing the realtek drivers (from asus website, for z68pro v), then the following day, no sound, any ideas ? 4087
  7. Asus Xonar D2X drivers

Asus Xonar D2X drivers: I have a Asus Xonar D2X sound-card and although it will run using a third party driver the sound is not half as good as in other versions of Windows. There is a lot of echo that I cannot turn off and the software says it is turned off. To be honest the sound is poo and...
  8. Asus USB 3.0 Boot

Asus USB 3.0 Boot: I'm working with another member and trying to find the correct method to boot the laptop from a 3.0 thumb. The laptop is an Asus ASUS ZenBook UX31E | Notebooks | ASUS USA I'm trying to avoid altering the boot order in the BIOS, just want to do a "One Time" boot from...
  9. Asus Webcam Driver

Asus Webcam Driver: On my Asus-Notebook Windows has installed the usbvideo.sys driver for my webcam With this driver the picture is upside down in the camera app and also in Skype. The I installed the Windows 7 Driver USB 2.0 1.3 M UVC and in Skype the picture is right, but the camera app starts...
  10. asus driver update

asus driver update: is at the asus laptop or the asus support site no tool to update your current drivers to the latest version? I have the impression you have to download each drive manualy. (i ask it because probably I will soon buy an asus laptop) 62795