Windows 10: ASUS USB Ports and Touchpad Not Working after Windows 10 update

Discus and support ASUS USB Ports and Touchpad Not Working after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The basic installation will take a few minutes only; it may take some time to get the critical updates during installation depending on your internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by purple potato, Apr 24, 2016.

1. ASUS USB Ports and Touchpad Not Working after Windows 10 update

My Internet speed is very slow...only 10Mbps so I might have a long wait.

I allocated 200gb for the OS and 300gb for the data. I tend to install a lot of large programs.

I hope it everything works when it's finished.

purple potato, Apr 28, 2016
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

All the best. Let us know the result when done.

3. Win10 finished installing. All my USB ports are working again, but my touch-pad is still not recognizing any multi-touch gestures.
    Windows updates are downloading but should I install the "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3147458)" as this is the update that caused my USB ports to stop working in the first place?
    Also would I need to re-download the ASUS drivers for the touchpad (SmartGesture)? I was looking around and I found that Win10 is supposed to have its own drivers for the touch-pad multitouch gestures.

4. ARC
    Arc Win User

ASUS USB Ports and Touchpad Not Working after Windows 10 update

The Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 should be installed; it will be necessary to get the latest build.

Tor the full functional touchpad, get the SmartGesture driver from ASUS website.

I hope this time windows updates will not cause any further trouble.

5. The touchpad is working again. I didn't reinstall SmartGesture, it updated itself through Windows Updates but the touchpad only started working when I reinstalled the ASUS ATK Package. I didn't install the cumulative update yet. Everything seems to be working fine thus far. I will create a system restore point when I'm finished updating my drivers and programs, then I will install that cumulative update.

Thanks again for all your help Arc *Smile

6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    You are most welcome. *Smile

Some gestures and hotkeys are associated with Asus ATK. So it should be the very initial step to do it, as it was among the very first replies you have got. But ATK has its own dark side, sometimes.

A system restore point will be a very good idea. I would like to suggest one more thing, a system image. Make a system image of the current working state to an external disk. If things go very wrong, restore of the image will be easier.

Will be eager to know the situation after the windows updates.

Thema:

ASUS USB Ports and Touchpad Not Working after Windows 10 update

1. ASUS USB Ports and Touchpad Not Working after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - ASUS USB Ports

2. Touchpad and USB ports not working after new update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad and USB ports not working after new update: I recently updated an Asus notebook of mine and after it "finished", my touchpad and USB ports stopped working. Every time I boot up the notebook an error keeps popping up and I can't use the touchpad. The error status is 0xc000046e. wruninstall.exe - Bad Image How can I...
  3. USB ports not working after Windows 10 20h2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports not working after Windows 10 20h2 update: Someone please help! I updated to Windows 10 20h2 and now none of my USB ports are working. If I had known this I never would have downloaded the version. I can’t use my keyboard or mouse because they are Logitech wireless and the receiver is connected to USB port as well....
  4. USB ports not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports not working after update: 2 of my USB ports stopped working with a recent windows update. I noticed they weren’t working when I had a warning screen pop up with every restart stating “USB device not recognized. the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...
  5. Windows 10 1903 USB ports not working after update.

Windows 10 1903 USB ports not working after update.: I was forced to install the latest update and instantly had issues. The USB ports wouldn't recognize anything. When I plug in external hard drive they power up fine. I can use it but its showing that it has a driver error in device manager, if I plug in a thumb drive, or...
  6. ASUS touchpad not working after Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS touchpad not working after Windows 10 updates: The touchpad not working (scrolling) after a Windows 10 update is not new. The solution has always been to uninstall the SmartGesture touchpad program and the ATK drivers and reinstall them. That always fixes it. However, the 1809 upgrade attempts have deleted parts of the...
  7. USB ports not working after Windows update

USB ports not working after Windows update: I had a update last night for windows 10 on my desktop, made me do it as I could not turn off my computer without it starting, I get up in the morning and get on, the usb ports work for 5 minutes at most before they stop working, all of them worked fine until this update, I...
  8. USB ports not working after updates

USB ports not working after updates: Hi there I have an Asus all in one Pc with windows. Since a set of updates, neither of my 2 USB ports seem to be functioning. Any devices phone. tablet, camera etc. when plugged in do not register and I cannnot transfer files or images from one to the other....
  9. USB ports not working after Windows 10 update

USB ports not working after Windows 10 update: I had this issue after the September 11, 2018 update. Device manager showed only my 3.0 ports installed but they were not working and no yellow exclamation marks. I right clicked on the USB controllers item and had to enable it. No Change Then I right clicked on the intel...
  10. Windows 10 1803 USB ports not working after update.

Windows 10 1803 USB ports not working after update.: I was forced to install the latest update and instantly had issues. First the wifi wouldn't connect anymore and the USB ports wouldnt recognize anything. After a couple of days playing around I took it to a shop. They were able to fix the wifi issue but the USB ports remain...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus eeebook usb-ports not working update Windows 10