Windows 10: ASUS UX330UA Laptop overheating without task manager

Discus and support ASUS UX330UA Laptop overheating without task manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I own an ASUS UX330UA Laptop for about a year now, and I have noticed that area where the laptop battery is located (right above the keyboard) has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WillWang2, Jul 8, 2018.

1. WillWang2 Win User

ASUS UX330UA Laptop overheating without task manager

So I own an ASUS UX330UA Laptop for about a year now, and I have noticed that area where the laptop battery is located (right above the keyboard) has been getting relatively hot to the touch and can hear the fans running hard when I am doing very simple tasks such as a simple Google search or even typing a text file when nothing else is opened. I supposed I may have overran my PC's CPU super hard over the year by playing high-graphics games or doing coding projects so I assumed that this was normal for a time.

The strange thing that happens however is that every time I open up Task Manager to see which application is responsible for the overheating, for like 2 seconds, it says that Task Manager ITSELF is using up all the CPU (last time I saw Task Manager using 40% CPU with total CPU usage around 100% where I didn't catch whatever else was causing all the overheating). And even stranger, the CPU usage immediately starts to drop and you can audibly hear the fans start to quiet down.

So long story short, my laptop has overheating issue when it starts, and it magically fixes itself every time I open Task Manager to try to see what's causing the overheating.

I am very concerned that there may be some sort of malware or virus responsible for this. Maybe using my laptop as a CryptoMining device without me knowing or other uses for it that may heavily use its CPU. I've done full virus scans with Malewarebytes and Avast and nothing has shown up.

Are there any other cases or issues like or similar to this and should I be concerned? I'm considering rebooting my laptop, but I really do not want to do that until I know that this situation isn't as bad as I make it to be.

Any tips or responses are greatly appreciated on this!

:)

WillWang2, Jul 8, 2018

2. asus zenbook ux330ua asus splendid utility

just bought a asus zenbook ux330ua ..advertized with asus splendid utility, but was installed..i downloaded one but cannot not get it to run.need help

LyndonSutherland, Jul 8, 2018
  3. 2FNLOW Win User
    Suggestions for multi-tasking laptop

Good day. I need some help picking out a new laptop and was wondering if I could get some suggestions from the members here.

The laptop will be for personal and business use and needs to be able to run multiple applications simultaneously with ease. It also has to have a Windows OS. As far as budget, I'm undecided, but I'm prepared to spend over $1,500. If you could, maybe suggest a low end laptop around $1,500 and another slightly better machine around the $2,000-$2,200 mark.

To give you an idea of what the machine will be handling on a daily basis, listed below are the applications I currently have running and usually have running at all times.

--Google Chrome with 7 tabs open (blogs/forums)
    --Photoshop CS4 with 3 files open, the largest being a 2550x3300 pixel, 35MB file
    --Spotify
    --Microsoft Word
    --FilaZilla Cilent
    --IrfanView

In an effort to help you better select a laptop for my needs, I've included a link below to a screenshot of my task manager so you can see how much memory these applications are using.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2319/taskmanagerm.jpg

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for your help in advance.

2FNLOW, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 laptop overheating

Hello,

There are a lot of possible causes why your laptop getting overheated after updating to Fall Creators Update. This may be due to a corrupted system file or your drivers needs to be updated. For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• Aside from updating your Flash Player, did you make any changes to your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send a screenshot of your Task Manager? It's the log files of applications that is currently running on your computer. To do so, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key.

2. Type Task Manager.

3. Click More details.

Meanwhile, we recommend running Windows Update Troubleshooter to check if you missed any update. Kindly download and then run the troubleshooter on this
    link.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. ASUS UX330UA Laptop overheating without task manager - Similar Threads - ASUS UX330UA Laptop

2. Laptop overheating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop overheating: Hello. Please help me . I have a problem with my laptop. The bottom of the laptop is too hot . When I touch it it is too hot I can almost fry an egg.The laptop gets too hot when I watch videos. Also I play at low graphics when gaming.In the past my laptop would be able to run...
  3. Laptop overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop overheating: Hello. I have some problems regarding my laptop here.While I was playing on my laptop the game was running smoothly but just after a few minutes the laptop overheated and frames dropped and the game lagged . But in a few seconds like maybe 40 seconds the game was smooth...
  4. Overheating of laptop

Overheating of laptop: My laptop get's overheated and slow's down cpu to 0.99 ghz and hence interrupt while running game's like even Asphalt 9.It started since last week. Don't know how is this happening. Any suggestions?...
  5. Laptop Overheating

Laptop Overheating: My laptop is overheating badly after an update today - earlier it used to keep 70 degrees when browsing Chrome but now it keeps reaching 100+ frequently. It crashed twice. I have to turn it to sleep every 10 minutes to prevent it from crashing. Outrageous acts by Microsoft....
  6. laptop overheating

laptop overheating: Hi Lately my laptop and gpu just started overheating, even when im not in game or even in chrome its jumping to 47-40 C,but when i play it goes almost to 60 and turns off if its 60 or 57... I need help, did i maybe do something wrong, im thinking about taking it to the shop...
  7. Laptop overheated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop overheated: Hello hello peeps So, today my laptop overheated. I wanted to test a game benchmark at max settings, it overheated and turned off. How long should I wait until all the components will be at their lowest possible normal temperatures and the machine will be o-k to use again?...
  8. Laptop performance tanks below 10% Asus Zenbook UX330UA

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop performance tanks below 10% Asus Zenbook UX330UA: When my battery reaches 10% while not plugged in, the performance of my laptop tanks super hard. It makes it impossible to do anything without tons of lag. I've turned off battery saver and set performance to "best performance" but it is still super slow. Is this a BIOS...
  9. Overheating Laptop

Overheating Laptop: My laptop cutout due to overheating while my phone was tethered via USB. Could this have caused a power surge and damaged the phone's internals?(phone is working perfectly)...
  10. overheating laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    overheating laptop: OK so windows 10 installed installed its self 4 or 5 months ago , it caused my laptop to over heat so i spoke to tech support and they told me it was my fault as i would have to have my laptop checked out at my own expense which i did but there was nothing wrong with my...