Windows 10: Asus UX461UN Blue Screen of Death: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Discus and support Asus UX461UN Blue Screen of Death: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Firstly, I appreciate any support or feedback as I have been struggling with this issue for months now. Background: I have a 2018... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TonyCan92, Nov 24, 2019.

1. TonyCan92 Win User

Asus UX461UN Blue Screen of Death: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, I appreciate any support or feedback as I have been struggling with this issue for months now.

Background:
    I have a 2018 Asus Zenbook, it is approximately a year old and no longer under warranty. Before the warranty expired I decided to take advantage of it to get a new battery as the battery was draining quickly. I shipped it out and when I received it the motherboard in addition to the battery was replaced. A few days had elapsed and I started receiving the BSOD infrequently. Still under warranty I sent it back to Asus for service informing them of the BSOD I was experiencing. Again they replaced the motherboard, but I am still receiving the same BSOD.

This laptop has an Nvidia Geforce MX150 and an Intel UHD Graphics 620

List of solutions I have tried:

1) Updated all drivers

2) uninstalled, re-installed and updated display adapters/drivers.

3) Updated Microsoft windows

4) ran the sfc/scannow function, which did not return any corrupt system files

5) Direct X updated/uninstalled/re-installed

I am no longer under warranty and don't know what else to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My last solution is to just call Asus and try to get a fresh laptop from them.

See attached for image of BSOD

Thank you.

:)

TonyCan92, Nov 24, 2019
  2. iuppiter Win User

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Asus UX461UN Blue Screen of Death: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR [​IMG]

iuppiter, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Nov 24, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Blue Screen of Death

We appreciate the information.

To get better assistance in resolving Blue Screen of Death, we suggest that you get in touch with our
    Answer Desk as it has the experts and advanced troubleshooting steps regarding this issue.

Regards.

John Sarc, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Asus UX461UN Blue Screen of Death: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR - Similar Threads - Asus UX461UN Blue

2. Constant VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR blue screen events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR blue screen events: After a BIOS update not certain it caused the problems, but that's when it started to my dell laptop running windows 11, my PC has been suffering constant BSOD's while gaming, and despite all my efforts reinstalling drivers, uninstalling programs, tweaking programs, running...
  3. Constant VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR blue screen events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR blue screen events: After a BIOS update not certain it caused the problems, but that's when it started to my dell laptop running windows 11, my PC has been suffering constant BSOD's while gaming, and despite all my efforts reinstalling drivers, uninstalling programs, tweaking programs, running...
  4. Blue and black screens of death on my ASUS A15 TUF

Blue and black screens of death on my ASUS A15 TUF: Hi, I've been having several crashes, all seemingly related to faulty drivers, I tried several fixes with no success.I recently tried switching my ram cards, with no success either, then a few days ago I reinstalled windows and performed a factory reset and I'm still having...
  5. Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: Hello! One of our employees ran into a blue screen with stop code: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR.I asked them to send me their mini-dump files in order to diagnose the issue. Thank you for your help. Dell / XPS 15 9560 MFG YR 2017Minidump.zipRegards, Luis Orozco....
  6. Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: Hello! One of our employees ran into a blue screen with stop code: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR.I asked them to send me their mini-dump files in order to diagnose the issue. Thank you for your help. Dell / XPS 15 9560 MFG YR 2017Minidump.zipRegards, Luis Orozco....
  7. Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Blue Screen of Death - video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error - What is going on?

Blue Screen of Death - video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error - What is going on?: Hi, I recently built a new computer with Windows 10 Home, Ryzen 3600, and a Radeon 5700XT. The computer has been operating smoothly for the past month and a half but very recently I've been experiencing some BSOD with the error code 0x00000113 0x0000000000000010,...
  9. Random blue screens of death, this time it was video dxgkrnl fatal error

Random blue screens of death, this time it was video dxgkrnl fatal error: Hello! I've been having issues ever since i changed from windows 7 to windows 10 about 2 years ago. Random bluescreens periodically, sometimes i could go months without errors and sometimes it would happen once or twice a day. This time i actually got one ive never seen...
  10. Blue Screen When Plugging in HDMI - video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error

Blue Screen When Plugging in HDMI - video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error: Attachment 93322 Hey guys, I have a Gigabyte laptop P25 upgraded to Windows 10. (GTX 770M) I have a problem only after upgraded to Windows 10. When I go to plug in a display through the HDMI port, the screen flashes for a bit, then the blue screen:...