Windows 10: ASUS VivoBook wifi has become much slower than other household laptops/devices and don't...

Discus and support ASUS VivoBook wifi has become much slower than other household laptops/devices and don't... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a ASUS VivoBook for my daughter for xmas it seemed to working fine. She uses it for gaming, Minecraft and Roblox. In the last week though it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by puxlightsinthegristlewort, Apr 17, 2021.

1. ASUS VivoBook wifi has become much slower than other household laptops/devices and don't...

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]I bought a ASUS VivoBook for my daughter for xmas it seemed to working fine. She uses it for gaming, Minecraft and Roblox. In the last week though it has become incredibly slow. I checked the wifi speed with an online test fast.com and it was 2.4 mbps and with my work laptop, same wifi, it is around 19 mbps.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]I have done a full scan using Norton antivirus and found nothing.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]I have turned off Norton but it makes no difference.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]I have used the troubleshoot on Network settings and nothing.[/COLOR]

I have tried a 'clean boot' it made no difference.

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]I also tried this reset[/COLOR]

Press Windows Key + X.
    Click on Command prompt Admin.
    Type the following commands, and hit Enter after each command:
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    netsh winsock reset and press Enter
    netsh int ip reset and press Enter
    ipconfig /release and press Enter
    ipconfig /renew and press Enter
    ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter

Nothing has improved the speed.

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]Any advice would be greatly appreciated.[/COLOR]

:)

puxlightsinthegristlewort, Apr 17, 2021
  2. linkysys Win User

Wifi problem fix after upgrade to Win10 on Asus Vivobook X202E laptop

Symptom: After upgrading from Win8.1 to Win10 Wifi unable to find or connect to networks.

Tried unsuccessfully: Full shut down and reboot. Network troubleshooter.

Laptop: ASUS Vivobook X202E.

Wifi card: Atheros AR9485.

Solution:

• Connect directly to router with Ethernet cable. Verify that you have internet access and a working connection.
    • Click start menu (Window icon in lower left corner), 'Settings.' Search for 'device manager.'
    • Click on Device Manager icon returned in search.
    • Click arrow next to 'Network adapters.' Click the 'Wirless Network Adapter' then hit the delete key.
    • Check the box to delete the driver software in the 'Confirm Device Uninstall' dialogue box. Click OK.
    • Make sure the Ethernet cable is connected.
    • In Device Manager, select the 'Action' tab and then select 'Scan for hardware changes.' Windows will now detect the wifi card and install fresh drivers.
    • Click start menu-->Settings-->'Network & Internet...' Verfiy that the wifi slider is turned on. You should now see a list of available networks. Select a network and enter your login credentials.

linkysys, Apr 17, 2021
  3. asus vivobook x510u finger print reader or sensor and sleep mode button isn't responsive after update.

My fingerprint on asus vivobook x510u stop working after the update, i have tried re-installed and updated the driver but the problem still persist. Please don,t ask me to format my laptop as it is always the 'easy' solution answer., i already fomated.

Rony rohit, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Graeme.P Win User

ASUS VivoBook wifi has become much slower than other household laptops/devices and don't...

Laptop wifi suddenly disabled and can't shutdown and restart

Hi Fedrick, thanks for your question. I'm Graeme, a Microsoft Community expert and fellow user.

It sounds like your WiFi adapter may have a driver issue or perhaps a hardware issue. I'll give you steps to see if it's a driver issue:

Firstly, try reinstalling the WiFi adapter driver from the ASUS website.

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-S14-...

If that doesn't help, try reinstalling the WiFi adapter through Device Manager.

- Press Windows Key+X and choose Device Manager.

- Find your WiFi device in the list.

- Right-click it and choose Update Driver.

- If that doesn't work, try uninstalling it and then scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.

Let me know how you go and I'll give you other options if needed! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

ASUS VivoBook wifi has become much slower than other household laptops/devices and don't...

1. ASUS VivoBook wifi has become much slower than other household laptops/devices and don't... - Similar Threads - ASUS VivoBook wifi

2. My asus vivobook 15 has started knocking out wifi for whole household

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My asus vivobook 15 has started knocking out wifi for whole household: I have an Asus vivobook running Windows 11. It's worked fine until a few weeks ago when the Internet started going really slowly. To cut a long story short we have worked out that the router is fine running at 40+Gb on all other devices. But as soon as I connect the laptop...
  3. My asus vivobook 15 has started knocking out wifi for whole household

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My asus vivobook 15 has started knocking out wifi for whole household: I have an Asus vivobook running Windows 11. It's worked fine until a few weeks ago when the Internet started going really slowly. To cut a long story short we have worked out that the router is fine running at 40+Gb on all other devices. But as soon as I connect the laptop...
  4. WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.: I recently got a new WiFi subscription which is advertised as 1200 Megabits/second. On most devices I get at least 500-600, but on my PC I can't seem to get more than 40-50. This only counts for my download speeds, as my upload speeds are the same if not higher on my PC. I...
  5. Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Wifi is Slower than Other Devices on Same Network: As the title says the Wi-Fi on my computer has been slower than in other devices in my home. Usually I get 125-200 Mbps, but recently I've only been getting around 10-70 Mbps. Other devices in my house have been getting 125-225 Mbps. I have had this problem for a couple of...
  6. PC is much slower than other devices on the same network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is much slower than other devices on the same network: My house recently got fiber optics, and most devices are now able to download at between 200Mbps and 700Mbps. My PC is only downloading at between 25 and 45Mbps. I'm running on a fully updated Windows 11. I've tried uninstalling my wi-fi driver, reinstalling Windows,...
  7. PC is much slower than other devices on the same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is much slower than other devices on the same network: My house recently got fiber optics, and most devices are now able to download at between 200Mbps and 700Mbps. My PC is only downloading at between 25 and 45Mbps. I'm running on a fully updated Windows 11. I've tried uninstalling my wi-fi driver, reinstalling Windows,...
  8. WiFi broadband speed on laptop dropped and is now slower than other devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi broadband speed on laptop dropped and is now slower than other devices: Hi, I have broadband and the speed is 200 Mbps since the beginning of this year. In the first few months, the WiFi speed was the same as with an Ethernet cable connected if it was close to the router. Recently, the speed is much slower than that. Sometimes I got 100mbps,...
  9. WiFi Broadband Speed on laptop dropped and is now slower than other devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Broadband Speed on laptop dropped and is now slower than other devices: Hi I have fibre to premises broadband from Vodafone and the speed is 200 mbps since March this year. In the first few months, the WiFi speed was the same as with an Ethernet cable connected if I was close to the router. Recently, the speed is much slower than that....
  10. One device much slower than others on home wifi - why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One device much slower than others on home wifi - why?: Before I get to the extensive background on this, I'll start with a simple problem statement. One computer on our home network gets much slower wifi performance, than anything else on the network, despite other devices mere feet away getting better performance. Now for the...