Windows 10: ASUS VK278Q Monitor Webcam

Discus and support ASUS VK278Q Monitor Webcam in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, I have a Asus VK278Q Monitor with integrated webcam https://www.asus.com/us/Commercial-Monitors/VK278Q/ The software that came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hostelo, Feb 5, 2016.

1. hostelo Win User

ASUS VK278Q Monitor Webcam

Hi All,

I have a Asus VK278Q Monitor with integrated webcam
    https://www.asus.com/us/Commercial-Monitors/VK278Q/

The software that came with the webcam was called LifeFrame and I remember it last working with Windows 7
    I tried to install it with on Windows 10 (64 bit) I currently have but its not compatible (installs ok but does not open) and I don't see any other options on the Asus site for it.

Tried opening using Run as Admin and nothing
    Tried Compatibility Troubleshooter and nothing

I remember the app for this being real crappy too.

Any other way to install this webcam via Windows 10 and just have windows detect the webcam for using in apps??
    Anyone else had this problem happen and resolved it??

Please Help!!

:)

hostelo, Feb 5, 2016

2. Windows 8/10 Webcam keeps blinking

Hey everybody, I'm coming back with news!

After a long discussion with ASUS support (that says they have no drivers to give away) I thought of testing it with Linux again and, surprise, it wouldn't work any more.

By chance, I came across
    this discussion
    that hints it is an hardware related problem. They suggest to try the webcam with the monitor full-opened so I decided to give it a try and, surprise, it works! Also, I found out that if I pull the monitor towards the screen
    parallel to its axis (for instance, the monitor is opened with a 90° angle with the keyboard, then pull it
    perpendicularly to the keyboard) it works again and the image is stable too!

This might be just my problem (hope that when I fix it there won't be any driver problem!) but if you find out it can be yours as well I suggest to reach out Asus support (you should be able to do it from your product page) and arrange a fix!

Cheers and good luck!

Samuele

P.S.: I'll come back to this discussion if something else happens so it can help other people

Samuele1996, Feb 5, 2016
  3. Camera died when I upgraded to Windows 10

What kind of Asus webcam is it.

Logan P Feldkamp, Feb 5, 2016
  4. Private Win User

Private, Feb 5, 2016
  5. hostelo Win User
    thankf for the reply

no dice. it installs but when i click to open it nothing happens

tried run as admin, tried compatibility mode

nothing

hostelo, Feb 7, 2016
  6. Hi

Did you find a solution to the webcam not working on Windows 10, as I'm also having the same issue.

Thanks,
    Roger

rogerthelwell, Apr 7, 2016
  7. hostelo Win User
    no solution was found
    still not working for me

hostelo, Apr 17, 2016
  8. solpuerto Win User

Hi

I have had several months of trying to get my webcam working and have recently found an unexpected solution to the problem. All to do with Fast Startup.

I hope it works for you and I give you a link to my post.

Webcam drivers for HP Pavilion X2-10

solpuerto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. ASUS VK278Q Monitor Webcam - Similar Threads - ASUS VK278Q Monitor

2. Can't enable ASUS VK266/VK266H monitor webcam in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't enable ASUS VK266/VK266H monitor webcam in Windows 10: ASUS do not provide any drivers for their VK266 monitor for Windows 10, but I expected a monitor's built-in webcam to work as plug-and-play.Does anybody know how to enable the VK266 monitor's built-in webcam?I've tried:Device Manager refresh - Didn't find the cameraUsing ASUS...
  3. webcam on Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam on Asus laptop: Ny webcam only shows a camera icon with a line through it, no picture or video. I have all access turned on. Why no picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-on-asus-laptop/eb13e78d-d1b6-432a-9299-d84419829de2
  4. Webcam on Asus nor working

Webcam on Asus nor working: I get the following error message: "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code 45" I have updated the the driver and restarted the PC without success. Please help...
  5. Webcam on ASUS Q500A Not Working

Webcam on ASUS Q500A Not Working: Currently running Windows 10 - 64 Bit OS, x64-based processor During a ZOOM meeting I found that my camera isn't working. All updates are installed. I've done every troubleshoot I could research. Can someone please offer me some guidance. My laptop is older but very...
  6. Webcam for Asus laptop

Webcam for Asus laptop: Hi, I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I have been trying to get my webcam to work without success. When I go to start and right-click on Device Manager , there is not a Camera nor Other. There is Imaging Devices but it only shows my printer. I even contact Asus...
  7. ASUS Laptop webcam will not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Laptop webcam will not work: Hi all, I have an ASUS Vivobook laptop running Windows 10 OS Build 18363 752. It has a webcam built-in, but whenever I try to use it with any app I get this image below. I have enabled privacy for all apps including Camera in the Privacy settings on Windows. I have updated...
  8. ASUS Monitor Built-in Webcam Driver? VK248

ASUS Monitor Built-in Webcam Driver? VK248: I have an ASUS VK248H-CSM monitor that has a built-in webcam. However, I think I am missing the drivers for it because when I try to use the webcam it tells me to connect one first. In the Device Manager I do not have an Imaging Devices or Other Devices category. I...
  9. Asus Webcam Driver

Asus Webcam Driver: On my Asus-Notebook Windows has installed the usbvideo.sys driver for my webcam With this driver the picture is upside down in the camera app and also in Skype. The I installed the Windows 7 Driver USB 2.0 1.3 M UVC and in Skype the picture is right, but the camera app starts...
  10. ASUS Webcam Problem

ASUS Webcam Problem: Hello everyone , I bought a new ASUS TP301UJ laptop yesterday but webcam is not working.There was USB 2.0 VGA UVC driver but ı deleted it because it was useless.I researched the internet, so I think problem based on win10,I tried many drivers but they cant support win10 ,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ASUS vk278 webcam driver

2. asus vk278q webcam windows 10

3. asus monitor vk248 q webcam driver