Windows 10: Asus Webcam Driver

Discus and support Asus Webcam Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my Asus-Notebook Windows has installed the usbvideo.sys driver for my webcam With this driver the picture is upside down in the camera app and also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mbartelt, Aug 11, 2015.

1. mbartelt Win User

Asus Webcam Driver

On my Asus-Notebook Windows has installed the usbvideo.sys driver for my webcam With this driver the picture is upside down in the camera app and also in Skype. The I installed the Windows 7 Driver USB 2.0 1.3 M UVC and in Skype the picture is right, but the camera app starts with an error and saying that the camera is in use. I tried with google to find some answers but I didn't find any usefull.

Perhaps here is someone who knows this problem.

Manfred

:)

mbartelt, Aug 11, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Device USB\VID_04F2&PID_B071&MI_00\6&32d26c37&2&0000 requires further installation ??

Breaking it down:

USB means we're dealing with an embedded USB device

VID means Vendor ID

04F2 is the vendor ID for Chicony Electronics

PID means Part ID

B071 is the part ID for the CNF7129 webcam made by Chicony for Asus

MI means Management Interface

00 is the serial management interface, which makes sense as we're dealing with a Universal Serial Bus device.

So we're talking about the Asus CNF7129 webcam in your computer, which was made for Asus by Chicony Electronics. Chicony is a huge Taiwan-based manufacturer of electrical components.

Most of the time this message is actually normal and has no real significance. If you see an entry that says "Device installed" later on in the list of Events, that means the driver for the webcam is properly installed.

However, it's not enough to merely have the latest driver correctly installed. If Asus or Chicony doesn't have a Windows 10 driver for your webcam, or an earlier Windows 7 or Windows 8 driver that is compatible with Windows 10, the webcam isn't going to
    work properly in Windows 10.

In fact, a little checking on the Asus website shows that the last driver for that camera was published in 2011. Since your webcam has stopped working, and no more recent driver is available, that's a pretty good sign that your webcam is not compatible with
    Windows 10, or is no longer compatible with Windows 10, since the OS is being constantly updated.

The solution? Disable the built-in webcam in the BIOS and buy a new webcam. A new webcam is real cheap and it will run circles around the ancient Chicony.

BulldogXX, Aug 11, 2015
  3. ASUS N550JV Webcam don't work after update to Windows 10

Who can help me. The inbuilt webcam do not work in Win10. The info light of the webcam up the tft panel of my laptop short lights, lights not, lights and so on. ASUS don't have a driver for the webcam.

Robert E.Kirschner, Aug 11, 2015
  4. vspete Win User

Asus Webcam Driver

This has been an ongoing problem with ASUS notebooks. For convenience, ASUS installed their camera upside down in the lid of their notebook and customized the Windows 7 driver to flip the image. ASUS never upgraded their drivers to support Windows 8 and I don't expect they will for Windows 10 either. Microsoft builds a universal driver usbvideo.sys that works fine for the camera but does not have a provision to flip the image.

What remains needed is a registry option to flip the image for the Microsoft driver. Otherwise, our ASUS notebooks will be locked to Windows 7 forever.*Sad

vspete, Aug 17, 2015
  5. mbartelt Win User
    Hi,

thanks for the answer. Yes, I was thinking about to open my notebook and see if I can change the camera position. But I found a better solution. It took me several hours, but today I found a driver that worked! It has the same VID-ID as the integrated Chicony cam. It is a Sonix driver 6.0.1223.1 for a FJ Webcam. I must installed it via the inf-file because the setup-file told my hardware not detected. With this driver the camera app worked! It was upside down too, but there was a flip setting in the registry. After this I installed Skype again and it worked to.

*Smile

Manfred

mbartelt, Aug 17, 2015
  6. vspete Win User
    Thanks for solving this problem. I downloaded the driver from Fujitsu and will give Win10 a try on the ASUS.

vspete, Aug 18, 2015
  7. michelr Win User
    Hello,
    what is the flip key setting "With this driver the app camera worked! It was upside down too, There Was a flip goal setting in the registry." a change in the registe.
    How to find it?
    Thank you

michelr, Aug 19, 2015
  8. mbartelt Win User

Asus Webcam Driver

Hi,

if found it for my driver in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}\0000\Settings

there is a 32bit DWORD entry FLIP. change the value from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0.

Manfred

mbartelt, Aug 20, 2015
  9. PopsJones Win User
    Can you tell me how you installed it via the inf-file? I cannot seem to find any such file in the extraction.

PopsJones, Aug 29, 2015
  10. speyside Win User
    I searched a long time for a chicony driver that makes my webcam (USB 2.0 VGA UVC, Chicony) work on windows 10. I couldn't find a functioning one, the installation always failed to start. I also never found the .inf file stated in the previous posts.

I wanted to share my solution on ASUS U36SD:

1.) Go in the device manager
    2.) Go on top menu "action" and then on "add Legacy hardware"
    3.) Go "next" and then on "select hardware manually..."
    4.) Choose "Imaging devices"
    5.) Just ignore the list and click "next" (in my case it was the Kyocera , 260ci... driver)
    6.) Be happy and have a working and rightly turned camera

Maybe you need to uninstall your current driver beforehand. My system is in German, so the names can be slightly different than stated above.

speyside, Oct 13, 2015
  11. lengy Win User
    Same problem as Manfred. Have started downloading drivers to try and fix the camera upside down situation but I am prompted to pay for it and a whole suite of others. Is there any free ones I can download to fix my webcam problem? I am not super techy. Thanks in advance.

lengy, Jan 2, 2016
  12. Knarf Win User
    Ok just resolved this for my Asus K52JC by inputting the webcam id USB\VID_04F2&PID_B1E5&REV_2069&MI_00 into Google.

Google took me to a driver download site: USB\VID_04F2&PID_B1E5&REV_2069&MI_00 Driver Download Free

Ignoring all the Bigger download buttons at the top of the screen I clicked on the "Free download button" for the second 5* entry
    "USB 2.0 2.0M UVC Webcam Driver" 1.7Mb

You have to go through one of those prove you are a human being thingys but it downloaded ok. NOTE: Windows Defender more or less immediately notified me that it was removing some malware, however the actual driver was not affected, it downloads as a zip file.

Finding the zip file in my downloads folder I did an "Extract here".

I then opened up Device Manager right clicked on the webcam entry then left clicked "Update Driver software" and pointed it at the extracted driver folder which it then proceeded to install. I know it's a Win 7 x64 bit driver but it's done the job and my video feed on Skype is now back to right side up.

hope this helps.

Knarf, Jan 3, 2016
  13. lengy Win User

Asus Webcam Driver

Thanks Knarf. After I tried to download the drivers when I wrote that post I read some more info about Windows 10 and decided life was too short, uninstalled it and reinstalled Windows 7 which has been good to me. Appreciate the easy to understand (non-techy!) instructions. If I go to Windows 10 again I'll be sure to try your fix. Thanks again. *Smile

lengy, Jan 4, 2016
  14. Mbartelt you are a genious!!!

I have been working on this driver problem for a while and the sonix driver with the registry flip entry works PERFECT! I have an ASUS k52f and now my Windows 10 is Complete!!!! thank you very much for posting your solution! It is so greatly appreciated on my end and I am sure many many others!

THANKS A MILLION!

THIS WORKS! IT IS CONFIRMED!

Norsknight, Jan 12, 2016
  15. Loukasnr1 Win User
    I have solved it with Manycam. Dowload the free version at Download ManyCam free webcam effects software.
    Once installed close all other aplications that use the webcam. After starting up in Manycam you will be able to rotate and flip the camera and manyt hings more. Go back to your desired aplication..in my case skype, options, video settinghs and in camera chose Manycam virtual camera... works like a charm.

Loukasnr1, Feb 8, 2016
Thema:

Asus Webcam Driver

1. Asus Webcam Driver - Similar Threads - Asus Webcam Driver

2. webcam on Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam on Asus laptop: Ny webcam only shows a camera icon with a line through it, no picture or video. I have all access turned on. Why no picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-on-asus-laptop/eb13e78d-d1b6-432a-9299-d84419829de2
  3. Webcam on Asus nor working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam on Asus nor working: I get the following error message: "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code 45" I have updated the the driver and restarted the PC without success. Please help...
  4. Webcam on ASUS Q500A Not Working

Webcam on ASUS Q500A Not Working: Currently running Windows 10 - 64 Bit OS, x64-based processor During a ZOOM meeting I found that my camera isn't working. All updates are installed. I've done every troubleshoot I could research. Can someone please offer me some guidance. My laptop is older but very...
  5. Webcam for Asus laptop

Webcam for Asus laptop: Hi, I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I have been trying to get my webcam to work without success. When I go to start and right-click on Device Manager , there is not a Camera nor Other. There is Imaging Devices but it only shows my printer. I even contact Asus...
  6. ASUS Laptop webcam will not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Laptop webcam will not work: Hi all, I have an ASUS Vivobook laptop running Windows 10 OS Build 18363 752. It has a webcam built-in, but whenever I try to use it with any app I get this image below. I have enabled privacy for all apps including Camera in the Privacy settings on Windows. I have updated...
  7. ASUS Monitor Built-in Webcam Driver? VK248

ASUS Monitor Built-in Webcam Driver? VK248: I have an ASUS VK248H-CSM monitor that has a built-in webcam. However, I think I am missing the drivers for it because when I try to use the webcam it tells me to connect one first. In the Device Manager I do not have an Imaging Devices or Other Devices category. I...
  8. ASUS Webcam Problem

ASUS Webcam Problem: Hello everyone , I bought a new ASUS TP301UJ laptop yesterday but webcam is not working.There was USB 2.0 VGA UVC driver but ı deleted it because it was useless.I researched the internet, so I think problem based on win10,I tried many drivers but they cant support win10 ,...
  9. ASUS VK278Q Monitor Webcam

ASUS VK278Q Monitor Webcam: Hi All, I have a Asus VK278Q Monitor with integrated webcam https://www.asus.com/us/Commercial-Monitors/VK278Q/ The software that came with the webcam was called LifeFrame and I remember it last working with Windows 7 I tried to install it with on Windows 10 (64...
  10. Asus webcam is dark, unusable

Asus webcam is dark, unusable: Hi everyone, as far as I know, this has started since upgrading to Windows 10. the webcam is very dark but still functioning, as in, if I hold a light in front of it, it will appear on the screen. to me it looks like low exposure time. I suppose when everything is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb\vid_04f2&pid_b1e5&rev_2069&mi_00

2. USB\VID_04F2&PID_B1E5&REV_2069&MI_00 driver windows 10

3. usb 2.0 2.0m uvc webcam driver 1.7mb

4. chicony webcam driver windows 10 upside down,
  5. driver windows 10 compatible USB\VID_04F2&PID_B071&REV_1515&MI_00,
  6. USB\VID_04F2&PID_B071&REV_1515&MI_00 USB\VID_04F2&PID_B071&MI_00,
  7. VID_1908&PID_2311&MI_00 win10,
  8. usb\vid_05a9&pid_4519&mi_00\6&407be91&0&0000,
  9. descargar USB\VID_04F2&PID_B1E5&REV_2069&MI_00,
  10. USB\VID_1908&PID_2311&MI_00\6&118140b5&0&0000 driver,
  11. usb\vid_04f2&pid_b1e5&rev_2069&mi_00 driver asus,