Windows 10: ASUS Windows laptop screen shuts off when AC plugged in

Discus and support ASUS Windows laptop screen shuts off when AC plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an ASUS TUF FX-504GM with Windows 1909. It has a 128 GB SSD and a 1 TB SSHD. I also dual boot it with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. I recently changed my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aninda Ghosh, Jun 16, 2020.

1. ASUS Windows laptop screen shuts off when AC plugged in

I have an ASUS TUF FX-504GM with Windows 1909. It has a 128 GB SSD and a 1 TB SSHD. I also dual boot it with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

I recently changed my RAM from one slot to another. After booting up it turns out whenever I plug in my AC adapter the screen just shuts off or goes blank and the Computer becomes unresponsive.. Keyboard mouse nothing works. Trying to open task manager doesn't work either. If I turn on my laptop with the AC plugged in then the screen dies and everything is unresponsive.

My laptop will charge if it is off and AC plugged in. Plugging in the AC when it is in the BIOS does not cause the screen to crash. Windows memory diagnostic doesn't give any errors regarding the RAM. What can be the issue?

:)

Aninda Ghosh, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Yumei.go Win User

Shut down issue when plugging in the AC adapter

Hi,

I have here an issue with my laptop. When I plug in/out the ac adapter, the laptop's screen will black out or shut down at all. When trying to turn it on, it will show RESTARTING WINDOWS. Any suggestions or idea for this issue?

Thank you.

Yumei.go, Jun 16, 2020
  3. DianeGill Win User
    about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Jun 16, 2020
  4. ASUS Windows laptop screen shuts off when AC plugged in

Lenova G400s laptop-Plugged in and not Charging- Issues reg.

I have a Lenova G400s Laptop. While charging my laptop shown "Plugged in and not Charging" I gone through the web and I tried the following steps i found in net

Please try below steps and check if it helps.

• Disconnect AC adapter.
    • Remove battery.
    • Connect AC Adapter.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of
      Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and select
      Uninstall.
    • Shutdown.
    • Disconnect AC adapter.
    • Insert battery.
    • Connect AC adapter.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • still the problem not solve, it shows "plugged in and not Charging".. Pl guide me to solve the issues

BalusamyArumugam, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

ASUS Windows laptop screen shuts off when AC plugged in

1. ASUS Windows laptop screen shuts off when AC plugged in - Similar Threads - ASUS laptop screen

2. ISSUE: Laptop screen randomly turns off when not plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ISSUE: Laptop screen randomly turns off when not plugged in: My laptop screen randomly turns off.This only occurs when the device is not plugged in. When plugged in it NEVER HAPPENEDIt happens while I'm using the device.I found out, it doesn't turn off when the device is fully charged, but I starts happening when the battery drops...
  3. plugging off ac adapters

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    plugging off ac adapters: My laptop doesn't have a battery, so the adapter needs to be plugged in to work. If I shut down the laptop to go to bed, can I plug off the adapter so it doesn't wear out from prolonged use, and will it corrupt anything?...
  4. plugging off ac adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    plugging off ac adapters: My laptop doesn't have a battery, so the adapter needs to be plugged in to work. If I shut down the laptop to go to bed, can I plug off the adapter so it doesn't wear out from prolonged use, and will it corrupt anything?...
  5. plugging off ac adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. ASUS Laptop crashes when not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop crashes when not plugged in: Whenever my ASUS TUF Gaming K6NRCV03Z82225B is unplugged, the laptop is fine for a couple seconds before crashing with the error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. It will crash loop upon restarting again, and will stop when plugged in again. This only started happening...
  7. ASUS Laptop crashes when not plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Laptop crashes when not plugged in: Whenever my ASUS TUF Gaming K6NRCV03Z82225B is unplugged, the laptop is fine for a couple seconds before crashing with the error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. It will crash loop upon restarting again, and will stop when plugged in again. This only started happening...
  8. Laptop shuts down when plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down when plugged in.: I have HP ay-511tx laptop with windows 10 installed on it. While working on it, whenever I plug the laptop in the charger, the speed of fan increase a lot and it just shuts down after 2-3 minutes. I have already recovered this laptop to its factory date but it didn’t work. I...
  9. Windows 10 Blue Screen When Plugged in AC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Blue Screen When Plugged in AC: My windows 10 started blue screening when my charger is connected. Tried to reinstall drives, update windows, downgrade, clean install, but nothing seens to work, it keep alyas blue screening the moment i plug charger. When just in battery, works perfectly fine. Just dont...
  10. MY LAPTOP SCREEN SHUTS OFF WHEN I PLUG IT IN

in Windows 10 Customization
    MY LAPTOP SCREEN SHUTS OFF WHEN I PLUG IT IN: so I have tried a couple of things to try and remedy this situation, even uninstalling the graphics drivers and reinstalling them and it still shuts off when I plug it in. also when the drivers were uninstalled the problem was resolved, but as soon as they finished installing...