Windows 10: Asus X302LJ screen turns off when power cord unplugged

Discus and support Asus X302LJ screen turns off when power cord unplugged in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an Asus X302LJ and immediately when I unplugg the power cord, the screen goes blank turns off Not a driver issue, it does the same even in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DanGrigorescu, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Asus X302LJ screen turns off when power cord unplugged

I have an Asus X302LJ and immediately when I unplugg the power cord, the screen goes blank turns off

Not a driver issue, it does the same even in the bios screen.

Here are the list of conditions/symptoms

- when unplugging the cord, screen turns off, when plugged in, turns on instantly

- it does the same in every condition on boot screen, bios screen, while in windows, while in any conditions

- when plugging back the cord, returns to the same screen doesn't log off, or anything else

- if I plug an external monitor, and unplug the cord, the external monitor remains active, the built in display turns off the same!

- battery is in good conditions, runs few hours using the external monitor because the built in turns off

- RAM is MB built in

- reseted bios to defaults

- not a windows related issue, does the same even without a HDD plugged in.

:)

DanGrigorescu, Dec 24, 2020
  2. dovahkiin Win User

Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on my ASUS N61JQ laptop. Immediately upon unplugging the power cord, the screen on the laptop turns off. Battery is at 100% charge. With a second monitor attached, the second monitor is unaffected and stays on. Power plan settings say: On battery power, turn off after 10 minutes. I've tried setting this to Never, but it makes no difference. When I say the screen "turns off," I don't mean that it's a blank screen with some backlight. I mean the screen looks the same as if I totally shut down the system and turn everything off.

Also, ever since upgrading to Windows 10, I can no longer change the brightness on the display. Sliding the brightness bar down from 100% changes nothing, until it gets to around 60%, at which point the laptop display turns off completely, just like it does when I unplug the power cord. Putting the power cord back in or sliding the brightness bar back above ~60%, as the case may be, causes the display to immediately turn back on.

Neither of these things was ever an issue for my laptop with Windows 7 installed. The video card is an ATI Radeon HD 5730. Until this evening, I had the most recent video drivers installed. Through Control Panel, I went to the properties of the video card and told Windows to look for new drivers. It found them automatically and installed them. No change to black screen problem.

Any ideas or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated

dovahkiin, Dec 24, 2020
  3. dovahkiin Win User

I followed your steps and have just rebooted the computer. Nothing changed. So I tried creating a new custom power plan and switching to that. It appears to have solved my first issue (unplugging turns the screen off) but the brightness adjustment still does not work, and the screen still turns off when I put brightness below 60%. Any ideas on how to fix that?

dovahkiin, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Asus X302LJ screen turns off when power cord unplugged

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
    2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
    3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
    4. Locate the option for running on battery and make sure it is set to never sleep.
    5. Change/set it to allow.
    6. Click "OK".
    7. Finally shut down and power up the computer.

RainbowPride, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Asus X302LJ screen turns off when power cord unplugged

1. Asus X302LJ screen turns off when power cord unplugged - Similar Threads - Asus X302LJ screen

2. Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue says in the title, I am facing a problem with the screen is flashing / turning off and then on whenever I plug in the power supply / charger or unplug the power supply / charger. It was a problem from the very beginning, the moment I turned it on and plugged it...
  3. Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue says in the title, I am facing a problem with the screen is flashing / turning off and then on whenever I plug in the power supply / charger or unplug the power supply / charger. It was a problem from the very beginning, the moment I turned it on and plugged it...
  4. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and then on whenever i switch off the power supply or turn on the power supply. Need help.....Note: I had updated intel graphics...
  5. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and then on whenever i switch off the power supply or turn on the power supply. Need help.....Note: I had updated intel graphics...
  6. My laptop screen shuts off when I unplugged the power cord. But my second screen is on.

My laptop screen shuts off when I unplugged the power cord. But my second screen is on.: How do I get it back to normal. I just put a new battery in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-shuts-off-when-i-unplugged-the/df1e9298-5fe4-452c-b40a-98cbad98f242
  7. If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off: If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off it says 0% available windows 11 Lenovo pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplug-the-power-cord-the-pc-goes-off/44d424cf-91ab-4634-b3e2-3d25bcb816a7
  8. If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off: If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off it says 0% available windows 11 Lenovo pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplug-the-power-cord-the-pc-goes-off/44d424cf-91ab-4634-b3e2-3d25bcb816a7
  9. Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged: Hello everyone! I recently bought MSI GF72VR and I am having strange problem with it. Almost every time when I unplug power cord and I have open program my laptop freezes for about 3-4 seconds then it comes black screen and then blue screen and restart. I have tried to...
  10. Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord: I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on my ASUS N61JQ laptop. Immediately upon unplugging the power cord, the screen on the laptop turns off. Battery is at 100% charge. With a second monitor attached, the second monitor is unaffected and stays on. Power plan settings say: On battery...