Windows 10: ASUS x540UB - Issues with drivers after trying to downgrade to Windows

Discus and support ASUS x540UB - Issues with drivers after trying to downgrade to Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently tried to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 on my ASUS x540UB because I thought Windows 7 would be faster and less bloated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mackaby, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Mackaby Win User

ASUS x540UB - Issues with drivers after trying to downgrade to Windows

I recently tried to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 on my ASUS x540UB because I thought Windows 7 would be faster and less bloated. Unfortunately, when I booted up Windows 7, I noticed that there were a bunch of devices that didn't have drivers (the touchpad and wireless card included). I did some research and discovered that there were no drivers available for this hardware that would be compatible with Windows 7 so I made the decision to go back to Windows 10.

And this is where I am now:

After re-installing Windows 10, I seem to be having the same issues. The touchpad, wireless card and many other devices do not have drivers and I can't seem to install any for them. Using a different PC and USB, I've gone onto the ASUS website and downloaded this laptop's drivers and tried to install them but they don't seem to actually work, despite saying they've installed successfully. I've tried updating the BIOS but my Windows partition doesn't appear in EZ Flash 3 and so I can't navigate to the BIOS update. I've also tried doing a hard reset but, of course, it fails in an unspecified way at around 73%.

Interestingly, the touchpad seems to be working while in the BIOS but will stop when Windows starts. Also, for any device that does work, they each have generic Windows 10 drivers (and show up as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, Generic PnP Monitor, and so on). If I try to update them to an ASUS driver, they still show up as the generic driver.

I'm at a loss as to what to do from here so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!

:)

Mackaby, Apr 30, 2019

2. Asus Smart Gesture and Asus Touchpad Driver *Wrong Driver Issue*

I did all the methods and the troubleshoot but still I cannot install this Asus Smart Gesture so I'll just try to contact ASUS online. Thanks for helping me.

GamerChancer, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Asus Smart Gesture and Asus Touchpad Driver *Wrong Driver Issue*

Hi GamerChancer,

You might be getting the error because the Windows Installer service might not be running. In line with this, let's try to start
    the Windows Installer services. Follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key +
      R.
    2. Type Services.msc, and press Enter.
    3. Double-click Windows Installer.
    4. Set the Startup type of Windows Installer to Manual.
    5. Click Start to start the service. (Note down the error message if any)
    6. Click OK.

If the problem continues, I suggest that you unregister and re-register the Windows Installer. Here are the steps:

1. Press Windows key + R.
    2. To unregister the Windows Installer, type msiexec /unreg and press Enter.
    3. Press Windows key + R.
    4. To reregister the Windows Installer, type msiexec /regserver and press Enter.

You may also check the following article on how to troubleshoot problems that may occur when you install, uninstall, or upgrade a program on Windows-based computer:

Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

I also highly recommend that you contact ASUS support and ask them if they have other installer for your ASUS Smart Gesture driver since you have already tried downloading the driver from their website and performed a reset on your computer.

Feel free to let us know how it goes.

MaRoselle Cag, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. ASUS x540UB - Issues with drivers after trying to downgrade to Windows - Similar Threads - ASUS x540UB Issues

2. No wifi and sound drivers after downgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi and sound drivers after downgrade: please help, my laptop is a GWTC116-2 and windows 10/11 and linux aren't fitting to me, so i chose 8.1 and its good, though ALL my wifi drivers except for bluetooth are gone. along with sound, there is no wifi and sound drivers, if someone could help me with this, thank you...
  3. No wifi and sound drivers after downgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi and sound drivers after downgrade: please help, my laptop is a GWTC116-2 and windows 10/11 and linux aren't fitting to me, so i chose 8.1 and its good, though ALL my wifi drivers except for bluetooth are gone. along with sound, there is no wifi and sound drivers, if someone could help me with this, thank you...
  4. Bluetooth driver not recognized after downgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth driver not recognized after downgrading to windows 10: So I just downgraded to Windows 10. My Bluetooth driver and my monitor are not recognized so Windows installed a generic driver. I have a Qualcomm driver and it usually has a problem that has an easy fix which is to reinstall the driver. HOWEVER, when I reinstall the generic...
  5. Bluetooth driver not recognized after downgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth driver not recognized after downgrading to windows 10: So I just downgraded to Windows 10. My Bluetooth driver and my monitor are not recognized so Windows installed a generic driver. I have a Qualcomm driver and it usually has a problem that has an easy fix which is to reinstall the driver. HOWEVER, when I reinstall the generic...
  6. Bluetooth driver not recognized after downgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows downgrades Intel drivers

Windows downgrades Intel drivers: So I can install my Intel 30.0.100.9805 latest drivers for my Intel UHD graphics 630 but then Windows update installs the 27.20.100.9415 3-4 versions behind and I don't know why. If anyone can help me that would be great and if you need any logs I can try to provide them...
  8. Trying to downgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to downgrade: Is there any way for me to downgrade without loosing everything on my c: drive? I saw the option but was unable to do it from the option in the settings because I updated more than 10 days ago submitted by /u/Okamiinfinity [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Update trying to downgrade Nvidia graphics driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update trying to downgrade Nvidia graphics driver: I just got the latest Nvidia graphics driver update from Nvidia Geforce Experience 2 days ago. Immediately after I installed it, Windows Update "updated" said driver to a much older version from July... It also automatically installed the Nvidia Control Panel app from the MS...
  10. Error while trying to Install an Asus Driver

Error while trying to Install an Asus Driver: I've been trying to install this driver since I reinstalled Windows 10 Home because an error. The driver is ASUS Smart Gesture. [ATTACH] The driver is for the Touch Pad on ASUS Laptops. I've tried with different versions of it, Can anyone please help me?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver win 7 asus x540ub

2. x540 ub