Windows 10: Asus X54N1A Freezing When Charging - Idle

Discus and support Asus X54N1A Freezing When Charging - Idle in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been having issues where when plugged in and left untouched, after about 8 minutes, the computer hard freezes and restarts itself after around 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JBKG, Feb 14, 2019.

1. JBKG Win User

Asus X54N1A Freezing When Charging - Idle

I've been having issues where when plugged in and left untouched, after about 8 minutes, the computer hard freezes and restarts itself after around 10 minutes after freezing. This is really frustrating as I've taken breaks from working only to return to my laptop restarted. This only happens when it is plugged in charging. I've run Windows update troubleshooter, SFC scan, and DISM and nothing has changed.

:)

2. Argel Obm Win User

Can't change ASUS laptop battery to charge fully to 100%

Hi Rita,

The feature or tool that you're using to limit the battery charging up to 60% or 80% was made by your OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) which is Asus .Windows 10 doesn't have a built-in feature that will allow users to limit the charging of battery.
    We suggest that you contact Asus so that they can help you set up the battery charging limiter tool. To know how to contact Asus, follow the steps
    here. Once you have accessed the link, click
    How to find out an OEM’s contact information to view the steps.

If you still have any questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle for a few minutes

I have done all of what you suggested, and it still freezes when idle for a few minutes. I have just performed a 1 hour + download. Five minutes later, while the computer was idle, Windows 10 froze.

Bill Nettles, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Asus X54N1A Freezing When Charging - Idle - Similar Threads - Asus X54N1A Freezing

2. Computer freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  3. Computer freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  4. Windows 11 Freeze When Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Freeze When Idle: PC is set to never sleep. Almost every morning when arriving to my PC it allows me to wake the screens with the mouse but everything is frozen. My clock widget rainmeter appears to have been working right up the the wake moment. All other processes freeze in the state shown....
  5. Windows 10 freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 freezes when idle: Well, I am one more that have this problem.Sofar:Completly new installation from scratchAll settings in power set for maximum performance, no sleeep etcC-state in Bios disabled.IMI set for no sleep in Devmgr.However when I launch powercfg in a comand window, it says that...
  6. Laptop freezing when idle - while charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezing when idle - while charging: I have had an Acer Aspire ES1 - 533 specs: processor - intel pentium R; CPU N4200 @ 1.10ghz RAM - 8.00GB Windows 10 OS 64bit Graphics type - Intel HD 4000 Hard disc space - 1TB since June 2017 I've recently ran into a problem when charging the laptop, it seems to...
  7. Computer screen freezes when it is idle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer screen freezes when it is idle: I use Windows 10 Home, v. 1809. I bought a SSD and then installed Windows on it. When my laptop is idle, the screen freezes for a second. This is a real problem when I’m playing because FPS drops and ruins the game....
  8. Computer Hard Freezes when idle

Computer Hard Freezes when idle: So, this issue occurred when my mother was using the computer while a game was saving. She told me that it shut off by itself, and saying that it turned black and rebooted. So, the main reason that's going on is that I've been experiencing my computer hard freezing when I...
  9. Windows freezes when left idle

Windows freezes when left idle: Hi. I just wanna ask why does my laptop freezes when i left it idle? It's just randomly freezes and restart then when i left it untouch it's frozen again. Imusing windows 10 1709...
  10. 1013X PC freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Support
    1013X PC freezes when idle: See my system description. One possibly critical thing that isn't listed: my boot drive is an Intel 750 NVME add-in device, with the most recent NVME drivers installed. (They don't officially support Win 10, I believe.) Under 10130 X64, the PC would freeze at random times....