Windows 10: ASUS X550Z Battery Not Detected, Won't Charge

Discus and support ASUS X550Z Battery Not Detected, Won't Charge in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've had this laptop for about two years now, and I've noticed that the battery stopped charging. It used to do that thing where it shows "0%,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stark05, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Stark05 Win User

ASUS X550Z Battery Not Detected, Won't Charge

So I've had this laptop for about two years now, and I've noticed that the battery stopped charging. It used to do that thing where it shows "0%, plugged in, charging", but doesn't charge, which started about two months ago, but here in the last week, the battery is no longer detected at all. The battery light itself on the laptop is either steady green, or goes from "off, orange, green, off again", or flashes orange. But the biggest issue is that the moment either the A/C adapter is unplugged from the wall or laptop, it automatically shuts down. ***BEFORE YOU SUGGEST REMOVING THE BATTERY, THE ASUS X550Z DOES NOT HAVE A REMOVABLE BATTERY*** This is the first laptop I've ever owned where the battery, like an iPhone, is built into the bottom and inaccessible without cracking open the case. The simple fact that the battery went from "not charging at all" to "not being detected at all" makes me think the battery was slowly dying, and has now died altogether, especially since the laptop powers off the instant the charger is unplugged. But I wanted to ask a few forums and double check.

Sooooo....how screwed am I?Also, while I'm here, for those about to say that "hold the power button for x seconds" bit, is that whilst powering the laptop off? Or back on? Or does not matter since there's no battery charge whatsoever?Thanks in advance.

:)

Stark05, Jun 6, 2017
  2. 'Mike P Win User

My laptop plugged in but wont charging after window 10 recent update (10 Jan 2017)

My ThinkPad does that every time. Until I install the Windows Store App - Lenovo Advantage, which has the battery charge % utility. Asus has similar battery charge program available from the asus support downloads. 'ASUS Battery Health Charging'

Some other pc manufactures may have similar programs or drivers for their laptop battery maintenance.

'Mike P, Jun 6, 2017
  3. tehrules Win User
    6230i Problems.

Dead battery. If it won't charge its completely dead and you need a new battery.

If no other batteries work then I think there is a hardware fault with the power detection and batter level reader so it thinks the battery, any of them is dead.
    Message Edited by on 25-Apr-200703:04 PM

tehrules, Jun 6, 2017
  4. ASUS X550Z Battery Not Detected, Won't Charge

Hi Stark05.

First thing I would do is reset the BIOS. There should be a setting once you are in BIOS.

Just to be absolutely sure this is not a Window driver issue I would get a copy of Ubuntu and boot from that.

Do NOT install to hard drive just test drive it. Think it is first option on menu.

If it doesn't detect / charge either then you need a new battery.

Now the good news is your laptop is not sealed liked an iPhone. If you search the internet you will likely find disassembly videos. Looks like your comes apart after removing the bottom screws, then prying keyboard off. Talking apart a laptop is not for everyone. Mind static electricity should you decide to attempt. If you decide to do watch a couple of videos to get different perspectives and different tips.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 7, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    The Battery has died. You can get another one from Ebay
    Here is a video showing you how to take the keyboard top cover off the computer and get to the battery, along with taking the rest of it apart, which you don't need.

spunk, Jun 7, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    Batteries always lose capacity over time, mine is about -10% to -12% per year. I calibrate about every 6 months. So I know when to buy a new one.
    You can try uninstalling the relevant drivers, by going to Device Manager > Batteries > Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method battery. Re-Boot and they should re-installed.

Unplug the power brick, Shut down the Laptop by a long press of the power switch. Plug in again and power on.

This sort of thing happens when the battery is not calibrated as to the current capacity and things like low battery actions are based on a wrong capacity number, the battery dies before that point.

Ultimately it may of course be a completely dead battery.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ASUS X550Z Battery Not Detected, Won't Charge

1. ASUS X550Z Battery Not Detected, Won't Charge - Similar Threads - ASUS X550Z Battery

2. Asus Battery Health Charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Battery Health Charging: I've had to replace my Laptop's hard drive and installed a new one. I installed a new OS and I can't find Asus Battery Health Charging App which was there when I purchased the Laptop. I understand this comes with a driver issue. Can anybody help me to figure this out?And...
  3. Asus laptop battery stopped charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus laptop battery stopped charging: Hello I bought a bran new Asus laptop less than a year ago and now it will only work if i have the power cord connected. The battery never takes a charge suddenly. Is there some kind of setting that might have gotten changed? I cant imagine the internal battery is shot...
  4. battery not removeable and won't charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not removeable and won't charge: I have an ASUS laptop computer and the battery won't take a charge. Battery not removable by user so can't be easily replaced. Computer works when plugged in. I there some setting that I may have inadvertaintly disabled.?...
  5. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Battery Won't Charge Fully: ASUS, 1909 Battery icon was sitting at 88% for hours. By pulling and reinserting the power cord the percentage will sometimes move up 1% and now sits at 93%. The battery light is orange. Checked my BIOS version and it's 2014. This laptop was barely used until this year and...
  6. Acer battery won't charge

in Windows 10 Support
    Acer battery won't charge: Hi, my laptop Acer E5-475G (the spec is in my profile) is currently having an issue. Last night I was organizing my files and document but I didn't realize that the battery indicator was blinking because the battery level was like 50% or 60%. I put the laptop to sleep when...
  7. Asus battery health charging not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus battery health charging not working: Dear All, I purchased Asus E203MAH in Oct 2019 and installed asus battery health charging utility. It was installed and it worked to show three mode, but problem is even if I set it at 'balanced' mode to charge up to 80% it goes upto 100. Even the same happens for 'Best'...
  8. ASUS BATTERY HEALTH CHARGING NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS BATTERY HEALTH CHARGING NOT WORKING: Hi please i use the ASUS X555LD laptop running on windows 10 64 bit. i downloaded the ASUS BATTERY HEALTH CHARGING APP but the options to change it to balance mode and maximum lifespan mode are all grayed out. please nay help on how to fix this...
  9. Battery Won't Charge Completely

Battery Won't Charge Completely: I had a setting get changed on my Asus recently, and now my computer will only charge to 80%. I can't figure out how to undo the change in my battery settings, and I can't find any way to change the setting in BIOS. Any suggestions?...
  10. Battery won't charge.

Battery won't charge.: I have a Satellite P55t laptop and upgraded to Windows 10. After a few months the battery will not charge. It says 0% available (plugged in, charging). Did anybody experience the same problem & was able to solve it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus x550z battery not charging

2. battery not able to be detected when attempt to charge on my ASUS laptop

3. asus battery health charging download laptop x550z

4. asus laptop x550z problem with battery,
  5. asus x555d battery wont charge,
  6. asus 550 battery cannot be detected when charging,
  7. asus battery not detected and not charging,
  8. asus x550z power,
  9. asus model x550z battery will not charge