Windows 10: Asus X551C Laptop touch screen stopped working - Win10 Clean Install

Discus and support Asus X551C Laptop touch screen stopped working - Win10 Clean Install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have an asus X551C laptop which used to have touch screen working (NOT Touchpad)... After a clean install of Windows 10 Enterprise x64 it no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Timez, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Timez Win User

Asus X551C Laptop touch screen stopped working - Win10 Clean Install

Hi,

I have an asus X551C laptop which used to have touch screen working (NOT Touchpad)...

After a clean install of Windows 10 Enterprise x64 it no longer works.

It was working with the original OS - Windows 8

I have installed the chipset drivers from their website like some other forums / posts would suggest for this problem.

Also a lot of them say to disable and re-enable the HID complient monitor but at the moment it says Generic PNP Monitor.

The hardware ID for the monitor is MONITOR\CMO15A7

(I am fixing this for a friend and she is adament it was touch screen - she said a keyboard used to come up when touching the screen and she could swipe through photos and skip music tracks etc even with the Touchpad disabled)

I do not know what else to try to diagnose this or to get it working - any suggestions would be most welcome!

Thank you in advance for any help you can give to me.

Darren

:)

Timez, Oct 14, 2018
  2. JD_Mik Win User

Windows 10 for Touch Screen Asus Laptop

I have the same issue. Every search about it returns the same canned troubleshooting steps and I have yet to see anyone say that they have solved the issue.. very frustrating.

Is 'HID compliant touch screen' listed in your device manager under 'Human Interface Devices'?

If so, try right-clicking and selecting 'disable' , then right-click and click 'enable'... Some people have had luck with that but I did not. IF your laptop is an Asus UX501 like me, chances are you will not even see 'HID compliant touch screen' listed
    in the device manager unless you click 'view' and 'show hidden devices'.. Details then show that the system doesn't think that the touch screen is connected for some reason.

Asus support is no help - they told me to reinstall the chipset driver package (there is no individual touchscreen driver - it is supposedly part of the chipset package). That didn't work for me, and their next advice was to rollback to 8.1....

I've seen lots of posts about this issue with HP and Dell systems, but very few about asus.. not sure if it's just that there are less asus systems around, or if the problem is only affecting a subset of asus systems.. but hopefully we can make enough noise
    that they figure out a solution.

Here is the thread I started:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-windows/b71e314f-51c1-4620-a004-571bbfd6fc25

JD_Mik, Oct 14, 2018
  3. ASUS 550C Touch Screen Not working

I am running windows 10 and I have tried several different steps on how to make my touch screen work again. Got them from forums and none of them worked (Device Management Troubleshooting, Control Panel, etc.).

"HID-compliant touch screen" simply does not exist on the list of Human Interfaces Devices, so I cannot do enable/disable/enable.

I need a way to install this feature ASAP. Bought the laptop specially because of this feature. Really disappointed, since apple would work on this issue with me for my mac until it is solved.

Please help

cristMOURA, Oct 14, 2018
  4. rupalib22 Win User

Laptop Touch screen stopped working after upgrade to windows 10 as well as restore to windows 8

I am having HP Pavilion Laptop with touch screen with Windows 8 installed. I upgraded to windows 10 and the touch screen stopped working. Hence restored to windows 8 but still the touch screen is not working though I tried disabling and re-enabling through
    Device Manager. pls suggest the remedy

rupalib22, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Asus X551C Laptop touch screen stopped working - Win10 Clean Install - Similar Threads - Asus X551C Laptop

2. Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop: Hello Everyone, I recently noticed my touchscreen on my laptop stopped working for no reason. When running HP Hardware Diagnostics it works but not on the home screen. Any ideas how to fix?...
  3. Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop: Hello Everyone, I recently noticed my touchscreen on my laptop stopped working for no reason. When running HP Hardware Diagnostics it works but not on the home screen. Any ideas how to fix?...
  4. Touch Screen Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Screen Stopped Working: I upgraded my notebookHP Spectre x360-13-ae000xx from windows 10 to Windows 11 and after that TOUCH SCREEN stopped working. It even stopped showing from bios.I did check in COMPONENT TEST using HP HARDWARE AND DIAGONSTICS UEFI, but there is no option for touch screen Test.I...
  5. Touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen stopped working: Hello , I am Rajneesh from Gasco IncAfter a Windows update my Lenovo Thinkpad touch screen stopped working. I go to the Tablet settings and it says "*This device does not have touch capabilities"....
  6. Touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch screen stopped working: Hello , I am Rajneesh from Gasco IncAfter a Windows update my Lenovo Thinkpad touch screen stopped working. I go to the Tablet settings and it says "*This device does not have touch capabilities"....
  7. Touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch screen stopped working: Hi could someone please help me figure out why all of a sudden my touch screen stopped working? I have a onn 2-in-1 convertible laptop & it's brand new. The touch screen just worked last night but now this morning it's telling me that my device isn't compatible. Well the...
  9. Asus Touch Screen not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Touch Screen not working: Does anyone have any solutions to why my touch screen has stopped working since the last MS update. cant update the I2 C HID device . error ,message reads A request for the HID descriptor failed. Asus tell me its a Windows 10 issue...
  10. ASUS 550C Touch Screen Not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS 550C Touch Screen Not working: I am running windows 10 and I have tried several different steps on how to make my touch screen work again. Got them from forums and none of them worked (Device Management Troubleshooting, Control Panel, etc.). "HID-compliant touch screen" simply does not exist on the list...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus x551c monitor stopped working