Windows 10: Asus X552CL laptop boots up but powers down after exactly 30 minutes every time

Discus and support Asus X552CL laptop boots up but powers down after exactly 30 minutes every time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Anyone know any fixes for this issue? One of the problems is by the time it is booted up, there is only about 25 minutes to work on it before it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Steve_999_help, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Asus X552CL laptop boots up but powers down after exactly 30 minutes every time

Anyone know any fixes for this issue?

One of the problems is by the time it is booted up, there is only about 25 minutes to work on it before it switches off

:)

Steve_999_help, Jan 3, 2019

2. ASUS Laptop Not Booting!

A few days ago, I turned off my laptop for the night. The next morning, I press the power button. Nothing happened, except for the power indicator light on, the battery light on, the caps lock light on and unable to turn it off, and the hard disk light blinking
    once exactly every second. I know that the motherboard works because the fan turned on after a few minutes. I tried many things, such as turning the laptop on with AC power only (battery disconnected), same. I tried booting it with the SSD removed, same. I
    tried leaving the laptop running all night so the battery would drain, plugged it in the next morning, same. I tried pressing the power button for 2 minutes and then using the combination "FN+F5+Power button" to turn it on. I don't know what that would have
    done, but I know what it did for me: Nothing! This is getting extremely frustrating for me because I did nothing to the laptop when I turned it off the night before. Please help! The laptop is an ASUS Q501LA, running Windows 10.

Specifications:

• Processor: 4th Gen Intel Core i5-4200U “Haswell” dual-core at 1.6GHz-2.6GHz, 3MB L3 cache
    • Graphics: Intel HD 4400 integrated
    • Memory: 6GB DDR3 1,600MHz, expandable to 8GB

Metallica1554, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Laptop not booting to Windows 10 after new battery installed.

Hi Mr Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to contact your manufacturer regarding the battery issue. As of now you can power drain your laptop and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Disconnect the AC Adapter.

• Remove the Battery.

• Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

• Reconnect the AC adapter.

• Turn on the laptop power.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 3, 2019
  4. coltonf94 Win User

Asus X552CL laptop boots up but powers down after exactly 30 minutes every time

New Build: Various BSOD exactly 1:30 after boot every time, hardware?

Windows boots and I can login fine but it crashes shortly after every time (1:30 after Windows load). I’m convinced it’s a hardware issue but need some assistance debugging it further.

One of the following 3 errors pops up exactly 1:30 after Windows is loaded:

1. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wof.sys)
    2. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (Wof.sys)
    3. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Debugging attempts so far:

1. Ran memtestx86 for four passes on both the memory sticks and each individually with no errors.
    2. Removed the graphics card and loaded using integrated graphics (still crashed).
    3. Booted in Windows safe mode (stable)
    4. Refreshed Windows and booted in normal (crash at 1:30 every time)
    5. Tried wiping the drive and reinstalling Windows (crashed during Windows installation)
    6. Tried installing Ubuntu and running it from an USB, install and live runtime both crashed.
      • Does this mean the SSD is not to blame since Ubuntu crashed while running on an USB?

Next Steps

1. Test SSD: Swap the SSD for another HDD/SSD and try reinstalling Windows on it without crash.
      • If crash hook up first SSD to another computer, reinstall Windows and check stability.
    2. Find some way to test CPU and motherboard?
    3. Power supply issue maybe? (Used old PSU 850w, should be fine and shouldn’t crash when gpu is removed…)

Additional Notes

1. I used the same installation media (USB) on another computer without issue so it is not a corrupt installation. In addition to this I tried another installation USB with a different version of Windows 10 and had the same problem.
    2. According to a benchmark I ran before the BSOD returned all of the devices were performing as expected other than the SSD, and RAM. The RAM I later found out was because I wasn’t utilizing the dual channel configuration, but the SSD I don’t have a reason for.

Has anyone had similar experiences?
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

My build:

• CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
    • CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    • Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    • Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
    • Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 960GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    • Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card
    • Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
    • Monitor: 2 x Asus VP239H-P 23.0" 60Hz Monitor
    • Keyboard: Logitech G510 Wired Gaming Keyboard
    • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma Wired Optical Mouse
    • Headphones: Razer BlackShark Headset

coltonf94, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Asus X552CL laptop boots up but powers down after exactly 30 minutes every time

1. Asus X552CL laptop boots up but powers down after exactly 30 minutes every time - Similar Threads - Asus X552CL laptop

2. My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes: Hi, so recently I have been having problems with my PC. Last week I had it repaired, and I turned it on, updating drivers and stuff. At first, it was working perfectly fine, but yesterday I forgot to update my GPU drivers so I upgraded and after 30 minutes or so it shut down...
  3. My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes: Hi, so recently I have been having problems with my PC. Last week I had it repaired, and I turned it on, updating drivers and stuff. At first, it was working perfectly fine, but yesterday I forgot to update my GPU drivers so I upgraded and after 30 minutes or so it shut down...
  4. My PC shutdowns after EXACTLY 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 Minute boot time after a brownout.: Recently had a brownout pretty common where I live this time of year and after rebooting my PC it took approximately 30 minutes to load into the UI. Once in the UI absolutely nothing worked for another half hour, setting, cmd, disk cleanup even my 3rd party apps like discord....
  6. 30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

30 Minute boot time after a brownout.: Recently had a brownout pretty common where I live this time of year and after rebooting my PC it took approximately 30 minutes to load into the UI. Once in the UI absolutely nothing worked for another half hour, setting, cmd, disk cleanup even my 3rd party apps like discord....
  7. My new laptop crashes exactly 3 times every time on boot. It also crashes after 3-5 minutes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new laptop crashes exactly 3 times every time on boot. It also crashes after 3-5 minutes...: Hello everyone. I will do my best to be as descriptive as possible in this post. Thank you for your time and any light anyone can shed on the issue. Let me know if you need any additional information. Recently I purchased a new laptop. I got the display model as it was the...
  8. My new laptop crashes exactly 3 times every time on boot. It also crashes after 3-5 minutes...

My new laptop crashes exactly 3 times every time on boot. It also crashes after 3-5 minutes...: Hello everyone. I will do my best to be as descriptive as possible in this post. Thank you for your time and any light anyone can shed on the issue. Let me know if you need any additional information. Recently I purchased a new laptop. I got the display model as it was the...
  9. Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes: Hello, My screen on my Dell XPS 9570 turns off after 30 minutes exactly, to the second! even while I am actively using it. Upon using the keyboard or touchpad I re-enter the lock screen, where I can log in using fingerprint per usual. I checked the event viewer logs, and...
  10. BSOD within 30 minutes of computer start up every time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD within 30 minutes of computer start up every time: Hi Guys, So basically I built a new PC, and I have had various BSOD's within 10-30 minutes of starting it up not matter what the computer is doing. I can start it up, walk away and come back and it has BSODed or I can be playing a game. However, if i restart the computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. every time when i boot windwos 10 my laptop asus x552cl display is flikering