Windows 10: ASUS X555LJ Randomly turning screen off and going into lock screen.

Discus and support ASUS X555LJ Randomly turning screen off and going into lock screen. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have an ASUS X555LJ that seems to be turning off the screen and going into the lock screen for no reason, I don't have any timers set to turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Eduardo Morales, Dec 26, 2018.

1. ASUS X555LJ Randomly turning screen off and going into lock screen.

Hi, I have an ASUS X555LJ that seems to be turning off the screen and going into the lock screen for no reason, I don't have any timers set to turn off screen, it doesn't do it while I'm using it, but sometimes not always, it does turn off or go into sleep mode then I move the mouse or press the keyboard and it shows me the lockscreen, it has also turned back on by itself, never had this issue before, did it come with the latest update ? Also, I dont have that option to turn off if away checked. I've see other with similar issues but they say that even while using it or gaming it will turn off, mine only does it while I'm away. Currently on Windows 10 Pro.

:)

Eduardo Morales, Dec 26, 2018
  2. cdjman0 Win User

My computer will randomly go to the lock screen

Hey I'm having this problem as well. It started late last week/earlier this week. Bumping this thread. Laptop (running Wi 10) randomly cuts to lock screen and makes me re input my password. I looked at the solution posted above but I want to keep my computer's lock screen. I just want to stop it from locking randomly.

cdjman0, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

ASUS X555LJ Randomly turning screen off and going into lock screen.

Lock screen photo

Hi,

To change the
    lock screen photo, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left side of the screen, click on
      Lock screen.

• In the
      Background, change it to
      Picture.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

ASUS X555LJ Randomly turning screen off and going into lock screen.

1. ASUS X555LJ Randomly turning screen off and going into lock screen. - Similar Threads - ASUS X555LJ Randomly

2. Screen turning off and on at random intervals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turning off and on at random intervals: When using certain apps like unity, my screen randomly turns off and on again. All my drivers are updated, and other more resource-intensive apps are running just fine. All drivers are updated, and the only error message i've managed to even properly read was telling me to...
  3. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  4. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  5. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF

Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF: I'm having this issue of my screen saver randomly turning off and I see that it's a problem that's been around for quite some time now. Is there any new information or workarounds on this issue? Are there any edits of the registry that can be done to keep the screen saver...
  7. Screen does not turn off at lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen does not turn off at lock screen: Recently, when I come back to my computer after a matter of hours I find the screen still on, displaying the lock screen when it should be off. In Windows Settings > Power & Sleep > Screen, the settingWhen plugged in, turn off after is set to 15 minutes. How come my screen is...
  8. How to turn off the Lock Screen

How to turn off the Lock Screen: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and realized that after my computer goes to sleep that a lock screen comes up and i have to re-enter my password. Is there a way to just allow my computer to go to sleep without going to the lock screen afterwards...
  9. how to turn off lock screen

how to turn off lock screen: how do I turn off the lock screen * Moved from Windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-lock-screen/89d2dfc0-22f9-4ea8-824d-3ad360d48657
  10. screen lock - how to turn it on or off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen lock - how to turn it on or off: I want to be able to lock my screen with one key-press when I leave it. I cannot find anything in any of the help that relates to this. Any ideas? Thanks....