Windows 10: Asus Xonar D2X drivers

Discus and support Asus Xonar D2X drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Asus Xonar D2X sound-card and although it will run using a third party driver the sound is not half as good as in other versions of Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by krazy kev, Jan 29, 2015.

1. krazy kev Win User

Asus Xonar D2X drivers

I have a Asus Xonar D2X sound-card and although it will run using a third party driver the sound is not half as good as in other versions of Windows.
    There is a lot of echo that I cannot turn off and the software says it is turned off.
    To be honest the sound is poo and sounds disgusting.
    I am seriously hoping that Asus or Microsoft will release a driver but I'm not holding my breath as Asus only have a beta driver for Windows 8 or 8:1. The last proper driver was for windows 7.
    I love this sound-card and I dont want to get rid of it due to no decent driver being available. If thats the case I will keep using W7 for as long as possible.
    All other hardware has been no problem at all. I could use the onboard sound which has a driver in W10 but again the sound is not very clever hence why I updated in the beginning.

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A DECENT DRIVER. I'M USING THE 32BIT VERSION OF W10

:)

krazy kev, Jan 29, 2015
  2. pXmo Win User

Windows doesn't give me the option for 5.1 Surround Sound.

I switched to Windows 10 and since then my 5.1 Speaker setup doesn't work anymore. Apparently becauseWindows doesn't give me the option to set it to 5.1.

If I test the DTS/Dolby Digital format everything is fine (Via driver and windows setting).

I use Windows 10 Pro x64

Asus Xonar D2X Soundcard

My Reciever is plugged in via an optical cable

The other two audio options are from my MB (Asus Rog Maximus V Formula)

Driver is a Windows 8.1 driver because Asus hasn't released any Windows 10 drivers yet.

3. Windows doesn't give me the option for 5.1 Surround Sound.

It's because ASUS haven't released drivers for Windows 10 yet. They're expecting this to take about 2-3 months from Win 10 RTM.

I advise you to check out the UNi Xonar Drivers. They are pretty compatible with Windows 10 (read: the best you get).

UNi Xonar Drivers official page - MaxedTech

On my hand I'm waiting until ASUS releases their drivers before upgrading, but this should provide you with a close-to-perfect workaround until that time if you've already upgraded.

Make sure you unistall your ASUS Xonar control panel and drivers before installing this one.

coldplay123, Jan 29, 2015
  4. KasperKyd Win User

Asus Xonar D2X drivers

I'm never gonna buy ASUS Multimedia products again, they never care about drivers, they never care to stay up to date, I've struggling with Beta drivers all time with Windows 8.1, and now my D2X not working at all with Windows 10

I'll crash it by a hammer and throw it in garbage. I guess I'll go back to Creative.

KasperKyd, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Nemix Win User
    LOL, you may have to revert back to your onboard sound for now and wait until or if Asus ever releases Windows 10 certified drivers for your soundcard but I wouldn't count on it.

However, if you Google search you might find so modded drivers for your Xonar soundcard that works with Windows 10.

Nemix, Jul 30, 2015
  6. KasperKyd Win User
    Exactly I did revert to my onboard sound, but I won't count on ASUS, at least Creative has an update chart for all there cards and it's time to go back to Creative *Party

KasperKyd, Jul 30, 2015
  7. krazy kev Win User
    For some strange reason i now have it working perfect including the cards control panel and effects. all i done was do an upgrade install of windows 10 instead of a fresh install and it has been perfect since*Smile

krazy kev, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Nemix Win User

Asus Xonar D2X drivers

You can always try downloading the Windows 8.1 driver for the Xonar D2X and install the file after unzipping using compatibility mode on Windows 10: ASUS Canada

Nemix, Jul 30, 2015
  9. KasperKyd Win User
    Tried the compatibility option but no luck, I keep getting the message "Don't support this platform" *Party

KasperKyd, Jul 31, 2015
  10. KasperKyd Win User
    Wow you're lucky but I'm not going to reinstall everything again using 8.1 then upgrade after 2 days of installing my apps *Party I still prefer to throw it LOL

KasperKyd, Jul 31, 2015
  11. Neddy Win User
    Hello. I've just completed a clean install of Windows 10 and the Xonar X2 Driver for Windows 8 (not 8.1) seems to work just fine. Hope this helps.

Neddy, Jul 31, 2015
  12. venla Win User
    also Uni Xonar drivers work just fine on windows 10 i have asus xonar d2

venla, Jul 31, 2015
  13. KasperKyd Win User

Asus Xonar D2X drivers

wow I just tried that and it works, Thanks Neddy that was helping *cake

KasperKyd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Asus Xonar D2X drivers

1. Asus Xonar D2X drivers - Similar Threads - Asus Xonar D2X

2. Audio Dropouts with Asus Xonar SE 5.1 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Dropouts with Asus Xonar SE 5.1 and Windows 10: I'm currently trying to set up a soundcard I purchased. I'm setting up a pc using an ASUS Rampage Extreme motherboard, and a Core 2 Quad 9660K The original Rampage Extreme board would come with an Asus sound riser in a PCI slot, but as I purchased this board used I don't...
  3. Asus Xonar DGX sound card

Asus Xonar DGX sound card: Hello, I am having a problem with installation of my sound card software since device manager is not listing it. I have win version 1909, OS build 18363.959. Thanks!...
  4. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed - ASUS Xonar U7

Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed - ASUS Xonar U7: Hi, this issue seems to have been raised before, but unfortunately I cannot see any solutions.... After upgrading Windows 10 now at 19041.84 my Asus Xonar U7 is no longer working. When plugging the device into the USB port I see activity and it appears in device list,...
  5. Asus USB drivers

Asus USB drivers: Hi All, I just bought a USB 3.0 stick and noticed the transfer rate is not holding at it's peak. It goes up and down from 2-24.9MB. I tested a few of my 2.0 USB sticks and they seem to hold at their top rate or close to it. Not sure if it's the stick or the drivers. Maybe...
  6. ASUS H370+ drivers

ASUS H370+ drivers: A few months ago I replaced an old dying MB with an ASUS H370+ MB and an Intel i5-8400. I downloaded and installed the (supposedly) appropriate drivers from the ASUS web site. Later I noticed that Device Manager showed a missing driver for the SM bus controller. I tried...
  7. Old Creative Audigy Platinum EX vs Asus XOnar DX

Old Creative Audigy Platinum EX vs Asus XOnar DX: Hello As the title What should I use ? (gaming-movies-music) Is the old creative Audigy still worth to use ? Creative Audigy Platinum EX Creative Labs Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum eX review - CNET Asus Xonar DX Xonar DX | Sound Cards | ASUS Global...
  8. Asus Webcam Driver

Asus Webcam Driver: On my Asus-Notebook Windows has installed the usbvideo.sys driver for my webcam With this driver the picture is upside down in the camera app and also in Skype. The I installed the Windows 7 Driver USB 2.0 1.3 M UVC and in Skype the picture is right, but the camera app starts...
  9. Calling all ASUS Xonar owners, what's the driver situation on W10?

Calling all ASUS Xonar owners, what's the driver situation on W10?: So I have an ASUS Xonar DS sound card that I'm not currently using (thought it was faulty, it turned out it was something else), and I've been thinking about putting it back in for a while now, but since I'll be upgrading to Windows 10 as soon as it goes live, I'm worried...
  10. asus driver update

asus driver update: is at the asus laptop or the asus support site no tool to update your current drivers to the latest version? I have the impression you have to download each drive manualy. (i ask it because probably I will soon buy an asus laptop) 62795