Windows 10: Asus Z170-E MOBO X6 usb?.

Discus and support Asus Z170-E MOBO X6 usb?. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. Yesterday I received my new PC with a Z170-E Mother board and on description it says it has. 1x USB3.1 6x USB3.0 6x USB2.0 How ever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by skipper847, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Asus Z170-E MOBO X6 usb?.

Hi. Yesterday I received my new PC with a Z170-E Mother board and on description it says it has.

1x USB3.1
    6x USB3.0
    6x USB2.0

How ever I only see 2x 3.0 on the back and 2X 3.0 on top of the case. I also have 2x USB2.0
    on the rear.

All I can see is 4X 3.0USB and 2 of those are on the case it self and 2X 2.0USB. Also I do have a x1 usb 3.1

Am I reading the description wrong or looking in a wrong place or are the others hidden?.?. Shouldn't I have 6 of each 2.0 and 3.0?.

Thanks for any help.

asus-z170-e-intel-z170-socket-1151-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-675-as

:)

skipper847, Sep 19, 2016

2. Random BSOD 0x9c MCE, and problem with Turbo boost i5-6500

Hello,

thanks for reaction.

MOBO: Asus, Asus Z170

Driverview LINK

SystemInfo LINK

Thanks

Fuzybitlogic, Sep 19, 2016
  3. Cannot create a System Recovery Disc - get error code 0xC0AA0007

Under W10 (on a Gigabyte X58 and later on an ASUS Z170 MoBo) clean boot makes no difference. Also,
    after installing Nero10 I cannot successfully burn a CD or DVD. This also happened when under W7 (on the Gigabyte X58 MoBo). Workarounds only seem available for Vista!

DavidTormey, Sep 19, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Asus Z170-E MOBO X6 usb?.

You probably have empty USB headers on the motherboard. To use those additional USB ports, you have to plug a cable into the header, which usually attaches to a pair of USB ports on a small adapter that plugs into the backplane at the rear of the motherboard, to expose those ports where you'd ordinarily access video from a graphics card, network media from a NIC, and so forth. You should have gotten one or two such cable/device items with the motherboard accessories. If not, you can buy them online: here's an item that shows what both ends of the device look like (but may not be exactly what you want): Amazon.com: uxcell® USB 3.0 A Type Female to Female 20 Pin Box Header Slot Adapter: Computers Accessories.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 20, 2016
  5. Slippery Win User
    Here's a link to the manual. I have this board as well. This will help and has limited quality graphics.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...lpDesk_Manual/

You do have 6 of 2.0 and 6 of 3.0. Two of each on the I/O panel on back. 4 more of each on the m/b which require plugging in the add on ports. You can find the 2.0 ports on PCI slot type connectors in lots of places, ie Amazon. I'm still waiting for the 3.0 connectors of some useable kind to show up. Haven't found any on the ASUS site.

I just found a 2 port usb 3.0 PCI expansion slot connector and 2.0 connectors as well here: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/18...7rkANvKY#blank

Slippery, Sep 20, 2016
  6. Carsomyr Win User
    Carsomyr, Sep 20, 2016
  7. So you got to buy extra separate once to add the extra?.

skipper847, Sep 21, 2016
  8. EdTittel Win User

Unless you got some such devices along with the motherboard (check the original box if you still have it), yes you will have to buy something to plug into those headers.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 21, 2016
  9. Hi thanks. No I haven't got anything like that. I thought it was already set up that why I went with that pc.

Thanks..

skipper847, Sep 21, 2016
  10. Carsomyr Win User
    We would need a link to what exactly you bought and the description you are mentioning. But normally it gives a set number of ports and then specifies how many are on the back panel and headers (if you buy just a motherboard) or back panel/front panel (if you buy a prebuilt and the case has usb3 ports, some of these also mention the headers if the case doesn't use all of them). So you may very well be able to use 6 ports but if the case doesn't supply the other 4 then an add in card/bay would be required Asus Z170-E MOBO X6 usb?. :p

Carsomyr, Sep 21, 2016
  11. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/titan...fs-002-og.html

I upgraded a couple of things too.

I7 to 6700k,
    Ram 16GB
    Graphic card KFA2 EX OC 1080gtx
    256GB SSD
    2TB HDD

Awsome PC though but this site does also say its ready for HL3 and Portal 3. Don't no what that on about Asus Z170-E MOBO X6 usb?. :p.

skipper847, Sep 21, 2016
  12. Carsomyr Win User
    No where on that page is there anything mentioned about usb3 ports... But the manual for the motherboard shows one USB C port and 2 USB 3 ports on the back, as well as 2 USB 3 headers. So there is your 6 ports *Tongue Either way it looks like you have built a nice system, I can't wait to upgrade myself *Biggrin

Carsomyr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Asus Z170-E MOBO X6 usb?. - Similar Threads - Asus Z170 MOBO

2. DAC X6 USB connection getting lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAC X6 USB connection getting lost: I have a FX-Audio DAC External Amplifier connected to the PC through USB. I see the SPDIF connection on the Sound Output. I am facing a problem with the volume output in case the PC sleeps or the Sound output is switched. I can only hear a slight sound if I bump up the volume...
  3. DAC X6 USB connection getting lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DAC X6 USB connection getting lost: I have a FX-Audio DAC External Amplifier connected to the PC through USB. I see the SPDIF connection on the Sound Output. I am facing a problem with the volume output in case the PC sleeps or the Sound output is switched. I can only hear a slight sound if I bump up the volume...
  4. GPU for Asus H61M-CS MOBO

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU for Asus H61M-CS MOBO: I want to upgrade my old computer as it is running very laggy now a days. It's old enough and I actually don't want to scrap it out. The system has Asus H61M-CS motherboard powered with Intel Pentium Dual Core G2020 2.9GHz processor. It has got HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1866MHz...
  5. GPU for Asus H61M-CS MOBO

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU for Asus H61M-CS MOBO: I want to upgrade my old computer as it is running very laggy now a days. It's old enough and I actually don't want to scrap it out. The system has Asus H61M-CS motherboard powered with Intel Pentium Dual Core G2020 2.9GHz processor. It has got HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1866MHz...
  6. ASUS Z170 Pro Gamer Bios Update v 3606

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Z170 Pro Gamer Bios Update v 3606: Finally Z170 Pro Gamer Bios Updated on ASUS site. I guess it should include the microcode fixes for the recent security threats spectre and meltdown although notes make zero mention of it. Just for those who might be waiting for it. I already had the WU microcode fix...
  7. Looking for LAN drivers for Asus P7P55D-E Pro MOBO Windows 10 Compatib

Looking for LAN drivers for Asus P7P55D-E Pro MOBO Windows 10 Compatib: Hello all, I recently did the upgrade to 10 when they sent it to me. However I didn't really get to use it because there apparently is/was no drivers for the LAN adapter on my MOBO. Still haven't been able to find them. Asus said they where working on it, but haven't heard...
  8. Ryzen Mobo Asus B350 Driver- confused

Ryzen Mobo Asus B350 Driver- confused: Which do I install and update? I am confused (dates/version and size discrepancy) :- Access Denied or Chipset (AMD Driver Ryzen B350 Chipset Website) 79111
  9. Overclocking help with ASUS MOBO?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Overclocking help with ASUS MOBO?: if there is a better WEBSITE to answer this then please give me url for it please. ------------------ OH MY WTF!!*Banghead I need someone to help me using ifant-style baby steps overclocking. I just want to increase teh speeds about 10-15% and no more. Can...
  10. Need help/2 950 Pro NVMe in RAID 0/Asus Z170-A

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help/2 950 Pro NVMe in RAID 0/Asus Z170-A: Hi, after some struggling I was able to clone (using Samsung Cloning Tool) my original Windows 8.1x64 from a Samsung 830 SSD to the Samsung 950 Pro in the Z170-A onboard M.2 slot and boot Windows 8.1x64 from it. Then I added a 2nd 950Pro mounted on a PCIe card to the 3rd...