Windows 10: ASUS Z97-PRO AI Suite and AS Media USB3 Driver?

Discus and support ASUS Z97-PRO AI Suite and AS Media USB3 Driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just purchased 2 Sabrent SATA III to USB 3.0 Cases for a SATA III HDD. This way I can keep backups offline for our desktop systems. Here is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MPSAN, Jul 22, 2017.

1. MPSAN Win User

ASUS Z97-PRO AI Suite and AS Media USB3 Driver?

I have just purchased 2 Sabrent SATA III to USB 3.0 Cases for a SATA III HDD. This way I can keep backups offline for our desktop systems.

Here is the issue, however. These Sabrent EC-DFFN docks support UASP. Great, but I do not see that enabled on my MoBo as I checked the device manager USB Controllers. I re-enabled AI Suite III as I have had issues before, and then wanted to enable USB 3 Boost. That should enable UASP support, but it just said to reinstall USB Boost as my OS had changed. I had 64 bit 8.0 and now have 64 bit 10 pro.

Anyway, I called ASUS and I was given a link to an updated AI Suite 3 and ASmedia USB 3.0 driver.

I have done nothing yet, but today my cut/paste will not work and any popup is not readable. So, I figured that I would disable my current AI Suite 3 (again) and all is now OK.

ASUS said to use control panel to uninstall my old AI Suite and then reboot. OK, fine, but then they said to then install the updated ASMedia USB driver. Should I uninstall the old driver, or can I just install the new one over the old one. Then I will install the New AI Suite. I assume I should use the updated ASMedia driver from ASUS or should I see if there is a newer one from AS Media.

I hope this all makes sense, and I hope this post is not too long
    Before I do anything, I will do a full Macrium Image!.

:)

MPSAN, Jul 22, 2017

2. KB4056892 breaks ASUS AI Suite II on AMD FX-8150/ASUS M5A97

Have same problem with ASUS P8Z77V-PRO + ASUS AI Suite 2

https://aka.ms/N1bz01

Dmitry Dzyublo, Jul 22, 2017
  3. ASUS AI Suite will not install

My OS is Windows 10 Pro. Motherboard is ASUS M5A78LM USB3

I have downloaded ASUS AI SUITE II and III, but both will not install. Clicking setup in the root folder brings up the message "do you want to run this program", after clicking yes, nothing happens. End of story. What can be wrong, what is the solution?

Thank you all and best regards,

Danker

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

dschaareman, Jul 22, 2017
  4. ASUS Z97-PRO AI Suite and AS Media USB3 Driver?

TairikuOkami, Jul 22, 2017
  5. MPSAN Win User
    Well, the one on the ASUS site for my Z97-PRO downloads as ASMEDIA_USB3_V116351. This seems a little down level from what you linked to, but does have a date of Aug 2, 2016. Would that be OK? All I am trying to do is get UASP support!. Will the ones in the link work on the Z97 Pro and I see they say 3.0/3.1 and are for the HUB. Is that correct?

Thank you for your help!

MPSAN, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ASUS Z97-PRO AI Suite and AS Media USB3 Driver?

1. ASUS Z97-PRO AI Suite and AS Media USB3 Driver? - Similar Threads - ASUS Z97 PRO

2. z97 chipset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    z97 chipset: When are you going to fix the 20h2 update conflict with z97 motherboards? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/z97-chipset/0c64f22e-51a7-4331-81ff-410fe3f87d0c
  3. z97 chipset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    z97 chipset: When are you going to fix the 20h2 update conflict with z97 motherboards? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/z97-chipset/0c64f22e-51a7-4331-81ff-410fe3f87d0c
  4. AI Suite 3 "Invalid class string, progID: aaHM.acpiHmData2"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AI Suite 3 "Invalid class string, progID: aaHM.acpiHmData2": I ran into this issue today when I did a quick restart to my computer and instead of AI Suite 3 opening automatically, I received this notice listed in the subject. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but so far I'm still getting the same results. Any idea on how to fix this...
  5. PSA: Getting Driver Power State Failure? Have an Asus mobo? Uninstall AI suite.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PSA: Getting Driver Power State Failure? Have an Asus mobo? Uninstall AI suite.: Was having this issue. The fix for me was my ASUS x99 motherboard had it's AI suite software and that installed a bad usb3hub driver found to be the cause in my dump files. After I uninstalled the software I haven't had a bluescreen since. You might have to uninstall that...
  6. Can't install asus suite software

Can't install asus suite software: I bought an Asus laptop with windows 10, then bought an Asus external dvd drive. Asus sdrw-08u9m-u and windows will not allow software to be down loaded. Do I really have to leave S mode , thanks jrstriby...
  7. Asus suite causes freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus suite causes freeze: Hi, I've wanted to update using Al Suite III but after an hour of desktop on and keyboard and screen off I made the mistake of shutting my pc down the hard way and now it freezes after about 2 minutes of using my pc. I'm a pc dummy so I have no idea what i can and cannot...
  8. vl805 usb3 compatibility with z97

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    vl805 usb3 compatibility with z97: Hallo i want to ask if the intel z97 chipset is compatible with the vl805 usb3 pcie controller. I have 2 pcs and old one p5q with q9400 and a new one with asrock z97 aniversary and a i7 4790. If i put in the p5q the card vl805 and connect my usb3 hard drive enclosure it...
  9. Asus AI Suite 3 1.01.73 uninstallation error

Asus AI Suite 3 1.01.73 uninstallation error: Hello! I'm trying to uninstall the Asus AI Suite III version 1 so I can install the new version 3. I went into Uninstall Programs and Features, clicked on AI Suite III, clicked Uninstall. AI Suite loads up and prompts me for what modules to uninstall. I click them all since I...
  10. New version of ASUS AI Suite that works with KB4056892 availabe

in Windows 10 News
    New version of ASUS AI Suite that works with KB4056892 availabe: Go to the Maximus Code X downloads. Works for my Z87 Hero VI and with the Windows 10 Intel Meltdown patch. It was released yesterday. ROG MAXIMUS X CODE Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA 101753