Windows 10: Asus Zenbook. Microsoft AC adapter. Battery issue

Discus and support Asus Zenbook. Microsoft AC adapter. Battery issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys. I just bought Asus Zenbook and a few days ago I took the cable out and it stopped working. The laptop works only when it is plugged in.In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ramin Sultanov, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Asus Zenbook. Microsoft AC adapter. Battery issue

Hi guys. I just bought Asus Zenbook and a few days ago I took the cable out and it stopped working. The laptop works only when it is plugged in.In Device Manager in batteries I saw only Microsoft ACPI, so I don't see Microsoft AC Adapter.Any advise on how to fix it? Thank you.

:)

Ramin Sultanov, Jun 10, 2021

2. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Asus Zenbook. Microsoft AC adapter. Battery issue pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Asus Zenbook. Microsoft AC adapter. Battery issue pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Mara Jim Win User

Asus Zenbook. Microsoft AC adapter. Battery issue

Reinstall Microsoft AC Adapter

My battery icon had disappeared so I followed some instructions I found online and selected uninstall Microsoft AC Adapter. After I disabled the Microsoft ACPI and enabled it again. My battery icon appeared again but I don't know how to reinstall the AC
    adapter. Does anyone know how or if I even need it? I have Windows 10 on an ASUS.

Mara Jim, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Asus Zenbook. Microsoft AC adapter. Battery issue

1. Asus Zenbook. Microsoft AC adapter. Battery issue - Similar Threads - Asus Zenbook Microsoft

2. Asus Zenbook Upgrade Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Zenbook Upgrade Issues: Hi,HAs anyone experienced a problem with apps like Whats App when they upgrade to Windows 11? Or, any other Zenbook problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-zenbook-upgrade-issues/692a92e9-5903-4ed6-a36d-a03e75cb5e15
  3. Asus Zenbook Upgrade Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Zenbook Upgrade Issues: Hi,HAs anyone experienced a problem with apps like Whats App when they upgrade to Windows 11? Or, any other Zenbook problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-zenbook-upgrade-issues/692a92e9-5903-4ed6-a36d-a03e75cb5e15
  4. AC adapter and battery issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AC adapter and battery issue: Why does my computer say low battery when it is plugged in and if I unplug the AC adapter the battery has a full charge? When the message appears the programs run slow. If I unplug the adapter for about 5 minutes said is a 0% charge, after that the battery is full. The...
  5. asus zenbook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    asus zenbook: my camera and vido is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-zenbook/253c5f2d-60b6-48bd-86a4-194ce4d63135
  6. MICROSOFT AC ADAPTER

MICROSOFT AC ADAPTER: does the CT on the HP laptop charger show its urs and who it belongs to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-ac-adapter/334b1f9f-ecb4-4b70-957a-37ffc6be437b
  7. AC adapter and battery not detected or recognized

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    AC adapter and battery not detected or recognized: When starting the laptop the screen displays this " AC power not recognized and battery not charging". The jack plug was changed and instaled a new battery and the problem continues. what can I do to fix the issue?...
  8. Microsoft AC Adapter

Microsoft AC Adapter: Hello For months I have being trying to charge my laptop battery, but when I plug in my AC Adapter, my laptop will say "plugged in, not charging". I have tried changing my battery and charger but its still doing the same thing. Right now I am running on AC. I tried to...
  9. ac adapter for battery charger not charging

ac adapter for battery charger not charging: my dell insprion 5551 ac adapter isn't charging by battery and I have tried all the suggestions that dell provided and still nothing. my battery is at 10%. I not had a problem till I remember month or 2 ago I reset my pc but ac adapter didn't get notice till month ago. when I...
  10. AC Adapter or Faulty Battery?

AC Adapter or Faulty Battery?: Hi there! Well, after what it seem to be like my triumph against sudden reboots (probably I just needed to fasten some screws to get all in order) I have a little doubt, since always, I noticed that my laptop battery tends to "discharge" when I do extensive tasks, name it...