Windows 10: Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad

Discus and support Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm trying to get two-finger scrolling and right-clicking working on the trackpad. Currently, it's just the Microsoft generic drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sheeponmeth_, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get two-finger scrolling and right-clicking working on the trackpad. Currently, it's just the Microsoft generic drivers operating the device and the multitouch functionality isn't working.

The device ID is ACPI\VEN_SYN&DEV_0A06, though, I suspect that one's been used by Synaptics devices going pretty far back. Windows update doesn't help any.

Normally, the Asus Smart Gesture software is used for this, but it fails to install after a fresh install of Windows 10 20H2. I never installed the software before, but it did work after an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 on this laptop a long time ago.

I've tried unpacking the MSI to get at the driver within, but that actually boots to an inoperable trackpad afterward. I've tried several other drivers, and one even worked for the basic functionality, but not for the multitouch, despite being recognized as a Microsoft Precision capable.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

submitted by /u/sheeponmeth_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sheeponmeth_, Feb 13, 2021

2. Asus Zenbook Function Keys Not Working

I recently bought a Asus Zenbook UX305FA and it came with Windows 8. I upgraded to Windows 10. After all the updating and installing, I finally got to using it. I noticed that none of the function keys worked. Or rather, did other things. For example:
    my sound (up) key launches Inspect Element in Chrome. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

RyanMcHale, Feb 13, 2021
  3. ASUS Zenbook UX360CA Trackpad issues

Hey, so I've had a recurring problem with my 12CHID-compliant trackpad. The driver won't repair itself no matter how many times I update/uninstall/reinstall.

It does not show up under system settings-there is literally no tab for the trackpad or any of its settings.

All I get is this error message,
    Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad 67bec436-7b2d-4e28-8c3b-2f5483e4b9b6?upload=true.png

and updating the driver does not change it in any way. I've done a factory reset for this problem and it did not help at all. So I thought it was a hardware issue. Then one day, out of the blue, my trackpad starts working. The drivers all came back and everyone
    was happy. It lasted for less than a week before the trackpad was unresponsive and this time, when I went to my settings/devices, the trackpad settings were listed, but everything was gray and unclickable. So naturally, I updated the driver and boom, that
    trackpad setting was gone, Vanished. Poof.

Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad 688f3e09-abfa-4c0f-9a2d-6a2db212cbb4?upload=true.png
    See
    what I mean? So yeah, really confused here about how much of this issue is hardware or software related. Remember, no amount of updating drivers worked for me, and neither did a factory reset. So my overall question is wtf is going on here?

FrustratedatASUS, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad

Asus Zenbook UX305 touchpad multitouch functions stopped working.

Asus Zenbook UX305 touchpad multitouch functions stopped working. I suspect windows update cause problem. Any suggestions to solve. Asus helpdesk ask me to reinstall windows. But I cannot as lot of data is in the PC. Appriciate help if some one can suggest
    to resolve.

SrinivasGarrepally, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad

1. Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad - Similar Threads - Asus Zenbook UX305FA

2. BSOD of an ASUS Zenbook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD of an ASUS Zenbook: The Zenbook laptop crashed with a blue screen, and rebooted before I could make a note of the crash reason.Hopefully the attached dumps and NFO can make up for this.Thank youBSOD_Zenbook...
  3. BSOD of an ASUS Zenbook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD of an ASUS Zenbook: The Zenbook laptop crashed with a blue screen, and rebooted before I could make a note of the crash reason.Hopefully the attached dumps and NFO can make up for this.Thank youBSOD_Zenbook...
  4. asus trackpad not working

asus trackpad not working: I have an 'asus tuf dash f15' and recently when i went to use my laptop today the trackpad doesn't seem to be working at all. my keyboard still works though and any mouse plugged in through usb works fine.I have - - turned trackpad off and back on- checked for driver updates-...
  5. Asus Zenbook stuck on Asus logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Zenbook stuck on Asus logo: Hi,I have a ASUS Zenbook laptop which recently received a windows update. Ever since the update - the laptop would not start up and it would just go in a loop"Attempting to recover installation.." "Undoing changes made to your computer...". and then restart this cycle would...
  6. Asus Zenbook stuck on Asus logo

Asus Zenbook stuck on Asus logo: Hi,I have a ASUS Zenbook laptop which recently received a windows update. Ever since the update - the laptop would not start up and it would just go in a loop"Attempting to recover installation.." "Undoing changes made to your computer...". and then restart this cycle would...
  7. Asus Zenbook stuck on Asus logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Asus Zenbook. When

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Zenbook. When: Hi guys. I just bought Asus Zenbook and a few days ago I took the cable out and it stopped working. The laptop works only when it is plugged in.In Device Manager in batteries I saw only Microsoft ACPI, so I don't see Microsoft AC Adapter.Any advise on how to fix it? Thank...
  9. asus zenbook

asus zenbook: my camera and vido is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-zenbook/253c5f2d-60b6-48bd-86a4-194ce4d63135
  10. Asus Trackpad Not Working

Asus Trackpad Not Working: Hi, my trackpad on my Asus N550jk isn't working despite uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and rolling back drivers. Please help. Oh and for some reason the Asus console has the trackpad grayed out for some reason....