Windows 10: ASUS Zenbook Windows 10 completely freezes but only on battery.

Discus and support ASUS Zenbook Windows 10 completely freezes but only on battery. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an ASUS Zenbook UX303UB that I purchased a few weeks ago. It works perfectly when plugged, but for some reason it freezes on me when I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jpanside, May 4, 2016.

1. jpanside Win User

ASUS Zenbook Windows 10 completely freezes but only on battery.

I have an ASUS Zenbook UX303UB that I purchased a few weeks ago. It works perfectly when plugged, but for some reason it freezes on me when I am not plugged in (running on battery). It will randomly freeze from anywhere between 10 minutes and beyond. The computer will do a full lock up and not even ctrl-alt-delete works. I have to hold down the power button and restart. There are absolutely zero problems when plugged in, I can leave her on forever.

Any ideas on what is going on? All drivers are updated to the latest and Windows 10 is fully updated as well. Has anyone dealt with something like this before? How should I go about troubleshooting? I would greatly appreciate help and will follow this thread until solved!

:)

jpanside, May 4, 2016
  2. Natijah Win User

TouchPad not working UX31E windows 10 64bit pro

Hi,

Does your ASUS Zenbook UX31E work fine when you are using it on battery?

For example at 40% battery capacity.

Natijah, May 4, 2016
  3. Natijah Win User
    ASUS Touchpad issues after windows 10 update

Hi,

Does your ASUS Zenbook UX31E work fine when you are using it on battery?

For example at 40% battery capacity.

Natijah, May 4, 2016
  4. jpanside Win User

Any ideas? I am trying different power settings and I think it's working. I feel like I am the only one with this problem.

jpanside, May 4, 2016
  5. jpanside Win User
    Please help. My computer only freezes when on off battery. it's fine on battery. it's so weird. I have windows 10

jpanside, May 9, 2016
  6. First you say it freezes while on the battery and next you say it's fine with the battery. Which is it? Very confusing.

chad7550662, May 10, 2016
  7. jpanside Win User
    Sorry, that is my fault! It's fine when it is plugged it but on battery alone it will freeze. It will either freeze with cursor lock or go into BSOD.

jpanside, May 10, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Check the Powercfg report for the battery. Also with the BSOD's, you can use "Who Crashed", to tell you what driver is causing it.

99.99% of the time it is the Video driver.

bro67, May 10, 2016
  9. jpanside Win User
    Thank you. Thank you! What is Who Crashed? is it a software that I download? I will post the battery report here!

jpanside, May 10, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    bro67, May 10, 2016
  11. jpanside Win User
    hey bro67, it is the video driver that is crashing me. Is it a hardware problem or drive software issue? Not sure how to fix it. I want to actually turn off the INTEL HD graphics and just use the nvidida 920m but not sure if that would work (do I need both installed?).

jpanside, May 11, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    It is always going to be a driver issue. Rarely hardware.

bro67, May 11, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

Both chipsets have had issues with 10. In your case, one chipset is internal, the other is external.

bro67, May 11, 2016
  14. jpanside Win User
    any advice on disabling or uninstalling one video driver? last time i tried disabling the intel video drivers, i think it also makes it so that my nvidia card doesn't work. is this true?

jpanside, May 12, 2016
  15. jpanside Win User
    sorry im not sure what you mean by chipset and Im not sure what I should to troubleshoot. also what do u mean by internal and external?

jpanside, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. ASUS Zenbook Windows 10 completely freezes but only on battery. - Similar Threads - ASUS Zenbook completely

2. TouchPad completely MISSING on Windows 11, ASUS ZenBook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TouchPad completely MISSING on Windows 11, ASUS ZenBook: The TouchPad on my ASUS ZenBook UX535LI has not worked since early/mid December 2023. Nothing happens when I press the Fn + F6 button which is the key on my laptop that toggles between turning the TouchPad off, turning it on, and making it the ScreenPad option. The TouchPad...
  3. TouchPad completely MISSING on Windows 11, ASUS ZenBook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TouchPad completely MISSING on Windows 11, ASUS ZenBook: The TouchPad on my ASUS ZenBook UX535LI has not worked since early/mid December 2023. Nothing happens when I press the Fn + F6 button which is the key on my laptop that toggles between turning the TouchPad off, turning it on, and making it the ScreenPad option. The TouchPad...
  4. BSOD of an ASUS Zenbook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD of an ASUS Zenbook: The Zenbook laptop crashed with a blue screen, and rebooted before I could make a note of the crash reason.Hopefully the attached dumps and NFO can make up for this.Thank youBSOD_Zenbook...
  5. BSOD of an ASUS Zenbook

BSOD of an ASUS Zenbook: The Zenbook laptop crashed with a blue screen, and rebooted before I could make a note of the crash reason.Hopefully the attached dumps and NFO can make up for this.Thank youBSOD_Zenbook...
  6. Asus Zenbook stuck on Asus logo

Asus Zenbook stuck on Asus logo: Hi,I have a ASUS Zenbook laptop which recently received a windows update. Ever since the update - the laptop would not start up and it would just go in a loop"Attempting to recover installation.." "Undoing changes made to your computer...". and then restart this cycle would...
  7. Asus Zenbook. Microsoft AC adapter. Battery issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Zenbook. Microsoft AC adapter. Battery issue: Hi guys. I just bought Asus Zenbook and a few days ago I took the cable out and it stopped working. The laptop works only when it is plugged in.In Device Manager in batteries I saw only Microsoft ACPI, so I don't see Microsoft AC Adapter.Any advise on how to fix it? Thank...
  8. Asus Zenbook. When

Asus Zenbook. When: Hi guys. I just bought Asus Zenbook and a few days ago I took the cable out and it stopped working. The laptop works only when it is plugged in.In Device Manager in batteries I saw only Microsoft ACPI, so I don't see Microsoft AC Adapter.Any advise on how to fix it? Thank...
  9. Windows 10 with Asus ZenBook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 with Asus ZenBook: Hi, I would like to force a portrait view screen automatically when flipping the screen around behind my keyboard every time. And have it automatically set to landscape when using the ZenBook in labtop mode. In other words, Is there a way to have always - what ever...
  10. asus zenbook

asus zenbook: my camera and vido is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-zenbook/253c5f2d-60b6-48bd-86a4-194ce4d63135

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus ux303ub windows freezing