Windows 10: ASUSLinkRemote\AsusLinkRemoteAgent.exe preventing laptop from automatically entering sleep

Discus and support ASUSLinkRemote\AsusLinkRemoteAgent.exe preventing laptop from automatically entering sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop has not been automatically going to sleep after several minutes if not hours of idling for the past few weeks. I went into the control panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MNoh, Apr 17, 2020.

1. MNoh Win User

ASUSLinkRemote\AsusLinkRemoteAgent.exe preventing laptop from automatically entering sleep

My laptop has not been automatically going to sleep after several minutes if not hours of idling for the past few weeks. I went into the control panel and adjusted all of the minutes, checked that everything was set to automatically go to sleep, but still nothing. As a last ditch effort, I ran powercfg /energy in the command window to pull up an energy report. The report showed these results:

Errors
    System Availability Requests:System Required Request
    The program has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep.
    Requesting Process\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\asussci2.inf_amd64_4ff231d14fc1339d\ASUSLinkRemote\AsusLinkRemoteAgent.exe
    System Availability RequestsASUSLinkRemote\AsusLinkRemoteAgent.exe preventing laptop from automatically entering sleep :Display Required Request
    The program has made a request to prevent the display from automatically entering a low-power mode.
    Requesting Process\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\asussci2.inf_amd64_4ff231d14fc1339d\ASUSLinkRemote\AsusLinkRemoteAgent.exe
    The device or driver has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep.
    Requesting Driver InstanceHDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0294&SUBSYS_1043173E&REV_1000\4&1358cb13&0&0001
    Requesting Driver DeviceRealtek High Definition Audio

Any suggestions on what to do next? I don't remember downloading AsusLinkRemote and am wondering if I can just uninstall it from my laptop without consequences or if there's something else I need to do.

:)

2. Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Laptop does not enter sleep mode

Hi,

My laptop is fully updated and running on windows 10. Recently my laptop does not enter sleep mode after the set time it is supposed to enter sleep mode, also the laptop starts up automatically when in sleep mode with the lid closed.

Do any of you have any idea what the cause might be and how to fix this problem?

I ran a power efficiency diagnostics report with the following errors:

Platform Power Management CapabilitiesASUSLinkRemote\AsusLinkRemoteAgent.exe preventing laptop from automatically entering sleep :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend

Are any of these errors preventing my laptop from entering sleep mode?

Thanks in advanced for your help and advice.

Chris

Christophpher, Apr 17, 2020
  4. QuadraKev Win User

ASUSLinkRemote\AsusLinkRemoteAgent.exe preventing laptop from automatically entering sleep

"Hey Cortana" preventing computer from automatically sleeping/hibernating

Unfortunately, "Hey Cortana" still prevents my computer from automatically sleeping, even after these steps.

QuadraKev, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. ASUSLinkRemote\AsusLinkRemoteAgent.exe preventing laptop from automatically entering sleep - Similar Threads - ASUSLinkRemoteAsusLinkRemoteAgent exe preventing

2. Conhost.exe Preventing computer from entering propper sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Conhost.exe Preventing computer from entering propper sleep mode: Hello, I've had a problem for quite some time where when I click on sleep mode, instead of entering into sleep mode the computer instead just turns off the monitors.I ran "powercfg /requests" and it returnedDISPLAY:None.SYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  3. Conhost.exe Preventing computer from entering propper sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conhost.exe Preventing computer from entering propper sleep mode: Hello, I've had a problem for quite some time where when I click on sleep mode, instead of entering into sleep mode the computer instead just turns off the monitors.I ran "powercfg /requests" and it returnedDISPLAY:None.SYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  4. Conhost.exe Preventing computer from entering propper sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. explorer.exe preventing my laptop from sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer.exe preventing my laptop from sleeping: My laptop doesn't sleep while plugged in so i searched for solution for two days and i found article say to use this command to findout what preventing my pc from sleeping powercfg -requests and this is the result :SYSTEM: [PROCESS]...
  6. Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep: Sometimes when I tried to enter the sleep mode, the screen darkens, but the laptop was still awake blue LED indicator beside the laptop, should be in orange if entered sleep successfully. When this issue happened, I can't do anything else but to force restart the laptop...
  7. Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep: Sometimes when I tried to enter the sleep mode, the screen darkens, but the laptop was still awake blue LED indicator beside the laptop, should be in orange if entered sleep successfully. When this issue happened, I can't do anything else but to force restart the laptop...
  8. Errors preventing system from entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors preventing system from entering sleep mode: Errors Power Policy:802.11 Radio Power Policy is Maximum Performance On Battery The current power policy for 802.11-compatible wireless network adapters is not configured to use low-power modes. System Availability Requests:Execution Required Request The program has made a...
  9. Fingerprint prevents laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fingerprint prevents laptop from sleep: Hello,I have a problem with my hello fingerprint. After putting my laptop to sleep it will wake up on it's own and fingerprint sensor keeps working. I keep getting the message "your device couldn't recognize you. Try cleaning your fingerprint sensor" and it keeps refreshing...
  10. Firefox Preventing Windows 10 From Automatically Sleeping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox Preventing Windows 10 From Automatically Sleeping: I have done extensive testing and have found that if you leave Firefox open, Windows 10 refuses to automatically sleep. I can manually put it to sleep, but it won't automatically sleep. Apart from closing down Firefox all the time, has anyone found a fix for this? submitted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus link remote agent

2. AsusLinkRemoteAgent.exe

3. AsusLinkRemoteAgent

4. asuslinkremaoteagent prevents laptop sleeping,
  5. device \harddiskvolume3,
  6. asuslinkremoteagent preventing sleep,
  7. asus remote link agent,
  8. \device\harddiskvolume3\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\asussci2.inf_amd64_4ff231d14fc1339d\asuslinkremote\asuslinkremoteagent.exe,
  9. AsusLinkRemoteAgent unstall,
  10. what is asuslinkremote,
  11. asussci2.inf_amd64_4ff231d14fc1339d\ASUSLinkRemote\AsusLinkRemoteAgent.exe