Windows 10: At a complete Loss how to Fix! need help

Discus and support At a complete Loss how to Fix! need help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; for the first time in my 20 years fixing Computers at a hobby level. I'm stumped how to fix what I've done. PC: i5 7600k asus prime z270-p 16GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gazola, Feb 10, 2020.

1. /u/Gazola Win User

At a complete Loss how to Fix! need help

for the first time in my 20 years fixing Computers at a hobby level. I'm stumped how to fix what I've done.

PC:

i5 7600k

asus prime z270-p

16GB DDR4 Ram

windows 10 pro

ill try keep it short, I created a user profile in windows 10 pro for my wife to use, that is custom to her accessibility issues. no issue doing that.

now an unrelated nvidia error has come up, I believe my card is failing...

anyway I want to format the boot drive and re-install windows, but before I attempted to do that, I noticed general troubleshooting dialog boxes that would normally sort them selves out were giving me this error code "0x80070005" . and a lot of apps weren't opening, saying files are missing etc. (something relating to administrator privileges), but strangely enough I never changed any settings for my administrator account.

Anyway the big problem I have now is whenever I try to open the User settings via control panel or via some other route, the control panel just hangs and will freeze, Even in all the available Safe boot modes. still just hangs like a MF, and just wont let me access user settings so I can reset it to default or check if anything infact was maybe accidently changed by me, which I know I didn't. ( I can see I am still logged in as Administrator anyway? WTF?)

so the roll on of this issue, is I cant do system recoveries, or roll backs or Resets, as I think its all relating to whatever administrator settings which I cant access.

I have a second SSD HDD, how can I go about installing windows 10 on that HDD and setting the stuffed one as a slave, then I can just access the files I want off it via windows explorer and then format it.?

submitted by /u/Gazola
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gazola, Feb 10, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond At a complete Loss how to Fix! need help :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 10, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Feb 10, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. At a complete Loss how to Fix! need help - Similar Threads - complete Loss Fix

2. How to fix loss of Admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix loss of Admin?: I've been at this for a day now, I've been looking all over online and all the answers I've been getting haven't fixed it. I believe this all started because I had downloaded a VPN named "Hamachi" to play MineCraft Lan with a friend, I was dumb and used a old installer almost...
  3. How to fix loss of Admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix loss of Admin?: I've been at this for a day now, I've been looking all over online and all the answers I've been getting haven't fixed it. I believe this all started because I had downloaded a VPN named "Hamachi" to play MineCraft Lan with a friend, I was dumb and used a old installer almost...
  4. How to fix loss of Admin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. HELP PLEASE! At a loss for how to fix memory issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP PLEASE! At a loss for how to fix memory issues: Hello, I really hope you can help me because I'm somewhat at a loss to fix my laptop. It is usable but is running a bit slow especially to open things - once things are open it's ok until it crashes and regularly crashes.Some of the errors I'm getting:1 BSOD and memory...
  6. HELP PLEASE! At a loss for how to fix memory issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP PLEASE! At a loss for how to fix memory issues: Hello, I really hope you can help me because I'm somewhat at a loss to fix my laptop. It is usable but is running a bit slow especially to open things - once things are open it's ok until it crashes and regularly crashes.Some of the errors I'm getting:1 BSOD and memory...
  7. NEED HELP HOW TO FIX THIS!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NEED HELP HOW TO FIX THIS!: Somebody, Plsss..... How to fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/need-help-how-to-fix-this/dffa9f17-11df-475c-87e2-ed2dc9785062
  8. My GameBar is completely broken & I need help fixing it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My GameBar is completely broken & I need help fixing it: My problems started when I followed Windows official guide on how to change the location of my captures folder, (from C: to D:) Basically this ended up not working at all, and instead caused a few major issues surrounding GameBar. One of my problems is that when I moved the...
  9. Sudden loss of admin permissions, need help

Sudden loss of admin permissions, need help: Good evening, I noticed this today, but I am not sure when it started. On my desktop computer, I am unable to access anything that requires admin permissions even though I have verified that my account is considered an administrator. For example, if I were to try and open...
  10. Complete noob needs help

Complete noob needs help: I've just downloaded Apex Legends from Steam but it won't launch, error comes in saying "D3DCOMPILER_43.dll was not found" I did some digging and downloaded DirectX, but ANOTHER error pops up, this time it says: "Error creating process <C:\Users\[my...