Windows 10: At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset

Discus and support At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; System: Dell Inspiron 3580Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPUInstalled RAM 16GBSystem type 64-bit operating system,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matthew van Schalkwyk, Aug 27, 2022.

1. At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset

System: Dell Inspiron 3580Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPUInstalled RAM 16GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor This issue started around June 2022.I was running Windows 10 Pro and my system would randomly begin to freeze. I would be browsing the internet, typing a word document, be busy coding or even when left idle – all of which are activities that are in no

:)

Matthew van Schalkwyk, Aug 27, 2022

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Aug 27, 2022
  3. Dalkio Win User
    Laptop randomly freeze, and have to hard reset each time

My recent Gigabyte laptop randomly freeze and each time I have to hard reset it..

It happens, for now, when I'm playing on it, and the screen, keyboard, mouse, are completely blocked.

I tried to check on the Event Viewer any suspicious activities, but I can't see anything which can explain such freeze.

The laptop heat quite a lot while I'm playing, about 95°C for the CPU and less for the GPU. Besides, all my drivers are up-to-date and I'm on Windows 10.

What can I do ?

Dalkio, Aug 27, 2022
  4. LobeLobe Win User

At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset

Laptop Freezes Randomly A Lot!

Ever since I updated to Windows 1903 and now Windows 1909, my laptop freezes a lot. And the timing is so random too. I've updated all the drivers that I can think of and the issue is still there. Is there anything else that I can do so that my laptop won't
    freeze randomly? I just bought this laptop about 8 months ago and now I can't use it normally it is quite frustrating. I did a factory reset on my laptop twice already. BIOS is up to date as well. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks.

LobeLobe, Aug 27, 2022
Thema:

At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset

1. At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset - Similar Threads - loss – laptop

2. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset: Good evening,This is related to an issue that's been driving me crazy the last months. Especially while playing, my computer freezes completely. I can still hear audio i.e. from Discord, but no one can hear me. I am unable to do anything as all commands stop responding and I...
  3. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset: Good evening,This is related to an issue that's been driving me crazy the last months. Especially while playing, my computer freezes completely. I can still hear audio i.e. from Discord, but no one can hear me. I am unable to do anything as all commands stop responding and I...
  4. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 on ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 laptop freezes randomly and needs hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 laptop freezes randomly and needs hard reset: HelloThis is a brand-new laptop that's just about 2 weeks old, and I have experienced weird freezes mostly when the computer is somewhat idle, i.e., I'm watching something on it. I've never seen it freeze while playing games or while interacting with the device.These are the...
  6. Windows 11 on ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 laptop freezes randomly and needs hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 laptop freezes randomly and needs hard reset: HelloThis is a brand-new laptop that's just about 2 weeks old, and I have experienced weird freezes mostly when the computer is somewhat idle, i.e., I'm watching something on it. I've never seen it freeze while playing games or while interacting with the device.These are the...
  7. At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset: System: Dell Inspiron 3580Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPUInstalled RAM 16GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor This issue started around June 2022.I was running Windows 10 Pro and my system would randomly begin to...
  8. Random loss of hard drive space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random loss of hard drive space?: Dropbox said something about too little memory and then i checked "My PC" and it said 8GB. Then i searched on my PC if there are files i do not need, i literally come back after 1min and it says 2GB?! How? I can not think of anything, i don't remember that i installed...
  9. Random freeze, no option but to perform a hard reset

Random freeze, no option but to perform a hard reset: Hi, I recently assembles a PC. it was working fine until past few days where it goes into a freeze. I have no other option than to perform a hard reset. As nothing works. Everything just freezes. Past week I am continuously on support calls where they perform sfc scans,...
  10. Random freezing / have to hard reset.

Random freezing / have to hard reset.: Hello, My Windows randomly keeps freezing up on me. I have read multiple threads on this forum but none of the solutions helped me. I've tried switching HDD's, reinstalling Windows 10. Tested my ram with Memtest for 8 hours, no issues. Tested HDD's no bad sectors found....