Windows 10: At a loss, windows freezing, and now boot error

Discus and support At a loss, windows freezing, and now boot error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had just built a new computer, and cloned my HD onto a ssd. This was apparently a bad idea, because anytime I went to do anything, it froze. Now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by [Elayne], Jul 14, 2019.

1. [Elayne] Win User

At a loss, windows freezing, and now boot error

I had just built a new computer, and cloned my HD onto a ssd. This was apparently a bad idea, because anytime I went to do anything, it froze. Now, it's giving me boot error messages. I have gone into the repair tool to try to repair bcd (what was suggested by searches), and it's told me that it's either denied, or this last time that the file was corrupted. I'm not sure what else to do, I tried a fresh install, but it freezes when trying to do a fresh install also. Please let me know what other information is needed to help.

:)

[Elayne], Jul 14, 2019

2. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue At a loss, windows freezing, and now boot error :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Jul 14, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 14, 2019
  4. At a loss, windows freezing, and now boot error

Unable to boot the device with error: 0xc0000428 on Windows 10

Hi Vuk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in booting the device with 0xc0000428 error. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you make any hardware/ software changes to your device prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that when you attempt to start a Windows 10 system, the system fails to start normally and you receive an error:
    0xc0000428 for the signed driver dlkmdldr.sys. Do confirm us if you are facing the same issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the device and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the device by choosing the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode from the advanced boot menu, you would be able to boot the system to the desktop.

• Try to boot the device to Windows Recovery Environment
    • Click on Advanced options, Startup Settings
      and Restart.
    • Once the computer restarts, press F7 key to start he device on
      Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode.
    • Check if the computer boot successfully.

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device after restarting the computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above an update us the status of this issue to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

At a loss, windows freezing, and now boot error

1. At a loss, windows freezing, and now boot error - Similar Threads - loss freezing boot

2. Windows Freezing on Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Freezing on Boot: Hello, hope you're doing well, so basically. My laptop freezes every time I boot it up. Sometimes it freezes around 2 minutes into using it or sometimes on the lock screen. I have runsfc /scannowDISM.exeCHKDSKAnd the only error / errors that arrived were from CHKDSK....
  3. Windows Freezing on Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Freezing on Boot: Hello, hope you're doing well, so basically. My laptop freezes every time I boot it up. Sometimes it freezes around 2 minutes into using it or sometimes on the lock screen. I have runsfc /scannowDISM.exeCHKDSKAnd the only error / errors that arrived were from CHKDSK....
  4. SSD Upgrade, now I'm getting freezing, CRC Errors, slow boot up, etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Upgrade, now I'm getting freezing, CRC Errors, slow boot up, etc: I installed a 2TB NVME drive in my laptop, replacing the one that it came with. It was bigger faster and brand new. Anyways installation was simple enough, before I bought it I created a USB Drive installer using Windows Media Creation Tool. Took off the back of my laptop,...
  5. WIndows freezes at boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIndows freezes at boot: This is a thread that points to the original thread. I posted a reply after a short while and nobody has answered. Thank you in advance for taking the time to review it....
  6. After Windows update, BSOD, and now loss of BCD data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After Windows update, BSOD, and now loss of BCD data: I'm completely locked out of my main drive. I had a BSOD with the message "Thread stuck in driver" and decided to apply the latest windows update after getting back up and running. This resulted in a crash and now I get the error "The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is...
  7. No boot and freeze if booted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No boot and freeze if booted: Hello everyone, In 2010 I bought a computer and after using it for 7 years I stopped using it as I joined college and bought another device for myself ,recently I thought of checking it out after 2 years. I cleaned everything properly and to my surprise it booted up normally...
  8. Loss of computer boot sector.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of computer boot sector.: Hi, I have a very important problem. My computer lost all of it's data after I shut it down, because of lag. It sent me to Automatic Repair, and I tried restarting/shutting down the computer, and it done the same thing. I tried all of the ways to repair it. I even tried...
  9. Reset repair - now loss of activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reset repair - now loss of activation: Any ideas chaps. Have just had to do a 'reset' on a windows 10 Home laptop. Originally, this laptop (owned by a neighbour) was supplied with Windows 7 home. At the opportune time it was updated to windows 10. Following a problem when the neighbour found it would not...
  10. Windows 10 Freezing and now even freezing on boot up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Freezing and now even freezing on boot up.: So I've recently bought a gaming package which had pre picked pc products to be built for me, as I do not know much about computers. This came with windows 8.1 pre installed. After having the pc for about a week it asked me if i wanted to upgrade to windows 10 for free,...