Windows 10: At boot.. press esc to show startup message

Discus and support At boot.. press esc to show startup message in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I have windows 10 on a Compaq c762nr laptop and i just noticed something and was wondering if anybody could explain. During startup, when you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Folkestaddy, Oct 17, 2019.

1. At boot.. press esc to show startup message

Hello I have windows 10 on a Compaq c762nr laptop and i just noticed something and was wondering if anybody could explain. During startup, when you see boot options, there is an option to hit esc to enable startup message. I've never messed with it before, but I clicked on it to see what it was and it just showed computer info, but where it said BIOS build date, build was misspelled "buile." Just curious how and why? Lol

:)

Folkestaddy, Oct 17, 2019

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    amd fx 8 core software to show temps

• You may want to add an app, a document or a folder to startup in Windows 10 so they automatically launch or open when the PC boots. ...
    • Press Win+R.
    • and press Enter: shell:startup
    • Use Paste or Paste shortcut to place one to Common startup folder:

Jetster, Oct 17, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

At boot.. press esc to show startup message

Annoywing message during startup.

Hi Legend

Is that 'press esc for startup menu' message white text on a black background?

If so, check your BIOS settings . . .

Boot into BIOS and check that your hard drive is set as top of the boot order list

If that does not resolve this for you

Start your PC, press Esc and as Windows starts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down

Do this twice

On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt . . . etc.

Please try each option one at a time, then see of Windows will boot . . .

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Repair

See if Windows startup can repair itself

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - System Restore

Check to see if you have a restore point you can go back to

DaveM121, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

At boot.. press esc to show startup message

1. At boot.. press esc to show startup message - Similar Threads - boot press esc

2. My computer shows that when I restart it say press ESC Button to reboot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shows that when I restart it say press ESC Button to reboot...: Hope you help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-shows-that-when-i-restart-it-say-press/fd6bb131-938c-4b73-93bb-b57963ba1d30
  3. Laptop won't startup, Message displayed "Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't startup, Message displayed "Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press...: Laptop won't startup, Message displayed "Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press <enter> to Continue. I Created a "Windows 10 installation media" thumb drive can't get vit to fix problem....
  4. Laptop won't startup, Message displayed "Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't startup, Message displayed "Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press...: Laptop won't startup, Message displayed "Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press <enter> to Continue. I Created a "Windows 10 installation media" thumb drive can't get vit to fix problem....
  5. Laptop won't startup, Message displayed "Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. My pc asks to press ESC key for startup menu,but evening I press it,it doesn't open. What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc asks to press ESC key for startup menu,but evening I press it,it doesn't open. What...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-asks-to-press-esc-key-for-startup-menubut/be6b749e-3533-4f1a-a08d-7e2c7e331fab
  7. My pc asks to press ESC key for startup menu,but evening I press it,it doesn't open. What...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc asks to press ESC key for startup menu,but evening I press it,it doesn't open. What...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-asks-to-press-esc-key-for-startup-menubut/be6b749e-3533-4f1a-a08d-7e2c7e331fab
  8. UAC by passable by pressing ESC!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC by passable by pressing ESC!!: What's the purpose of having UAC enabled and limited access accounts if they can just hit ESC when installing software to bypass pin/password for admin account! Windows 10 home, latest build. I was able to install multiple software applications -- by hitting ESC. Run...
  9. which settings do you need to change to make the "Press Esc for Startup Menu" stay...

in Windows 10 Customization
    which settings do you need to change to make the "Press Esc for Startup Menu" stay...: Hey! Does anyone know which settings you need to change to make the "Press Esc for Startup Menu" stay on-screen longer? Even when I am spamming Escape, it usually goes by too fast. Sometimes it even feels like it is skipped completely! I am using Windows 10 on an HP...
  10. I pressed esc and the screen's now gray

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I pressed esc and the screen's now gray: I pressed esc thinking it would cancel a function, because I pressed the wrong button in Word. I guess I pressed too late. I think it messed up a script. Now the screen except for the top tenth or so and the bottom taskbar is covered by light gray. I can see the full screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. press esc shows when booting

2. windows start up error works pressing esc

3. Win 10 startup have to press esc butoon to start