Windows 10: At display's right and left sides are black borders and usable screen has got smaller

Discus and support At display's right and left sides are black borders and usable screen has got smaller in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer's display just shrunk! At right and left sides are black borders and screen has got smaller! How can i fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ........................., Jan 17, 2019.

1. At display's right and left sides are black borders and usable screen has got smaller

My computer's display just shrunk! At right and left sides are black borders and screen has got smaller! How can i fix this?

:)

........................., Jan 17, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Black borders on screen

Hi Lyn,

It is true that the challenges that you’re having with the black borders on your computer screen might be related to the Display Settings of your monitor just like what DaveM121 was suggesting. To better assist you with your concern, we need you to answer
    the following questions:

• Which type of display cable are you using? ( VGA, DVI, HDMI cable).
    • Were you able to update your display adapter drivers?
    Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Black Screen on Left Side of screenshot

When I take a screenshot of my Surface Pro 4, the left side of the screenshot is totally black, and the right side only shows the left half of my window.

Is that a problem of the display setting? It also affects the screen-sharing in a web meeting.

sk2rq1nr1vd1, Jan 17, 2019
  4. TeamK5 Win User

At display's right and left sides are black borders and usable screen has got smaller

Black border around monitor

I tried the steps you suggested and it did not change anything regarding the black border. I am trying to come up with a better explanation, the information on my screen has a black frame around the information on my screen. The display does not go from
    corner to corner of my display monitor. There is a 1 inch thick black bar on the left and right sides and a 1/2 inch thick black bar on the top and bottom. I attached the screen shot per your request but it is only showing the information on the screen up
    to the black frame. I can get rid of the black frame by going to a lower resolution but I didn't think that is the right solution. I should be able to upgrade to windows 10 and still have the recommended resolution for my monitor.
    At display's right and left sides are black borders and usable screen has got smaller c42c231f-af15-4761-9ce5-5f55905843b8.png

TeamK5, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

At display's right and left sides are black borders and usable screen has got smaller

1. At display's right and left sides are black borders and usable screen has got smaller - Similar Threads - display's right left

2. The right side of my screen is hazy and not usable.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The right side of my screen is hazy and not usable.: The right side of my screen about 5" is hazy and not usable. If I click on it, it opens up Microsoft Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-right-side-of-my-screen-is-hazy-and-not-usable/171c81cb-5ae4-4af9-9ef4-1b8f780f4843
  3. The right side of my screen is hazy and not usable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The right side of my screen is hazy and not usable.: The right side of my screen about 5" is hazy and not usable. If I click on it, it opens up Microsoft Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-right-side-of-my-screen-is-hazy-and-not-usable/171c81cb-5ae4-4af9-9ef4-1b8f780f4843
  4. The right side of my screen is hazy and not usable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DISPLAY RESOLUTION OPTION IS NOT WORKING. SCREEN GOT DARK OF LEFT SIDE

DISPLAY RESOLUTION OPTION IS NOT WORKING. SCREEN GOT DARK OF LEFT SIDE: Hi there. I am using WINDOWS 10 I do not know how and why but mydisplay resolution is not working literally, the only option of the setting isnot working. the is screen of my LCD got black from left side. I do not know ho to fix that. please help me I am tired of it....
  6. Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left

Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left: Display of windows all of a sudden shift to right and right side part screen is visible on the left side. Things get normal after a restart. I am using recommended display setting . Two photos on different dates. [ATTACH] [IMG] please help with the solution!...
  7. BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN

BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN: Hi A black border has appeared at the left edge of my screen. It has done this before and usually turning the PC off and on again would solve the problem. however this time it refuses to leave. I have fiddled about with the display settings and it did nothing. I also...
  8. Surface Pro 4 Black Borders on the side/Smaller Screen Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 Black Borders on the side/Smaller Screen Issues: Hello everyone I have a surface pro 4 and I have the black side border issue. I have tried what I could including settings, deleting and reinstalling hardware and updating it and windows update. Other tips I found on sites suggest tweaking the registry. However, it seems to...
  9. Screen brightness different on left and right sides of display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness different on left and right sides of display: I just updated my display driver to the latest from Nvidia. Now the left half of the display is darker than the right half. I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling, but the problem remains. The driver is Nvidia 355.60 WHQL , and yes my display card in on the list...
  10. Black borders on all sides

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black borders on all sides: Have a 21.5 " Acer monitor with an old AMD Radeon 3450 HD There are black borders on the display. Icons oval,also pic distorted On display settings the max. res. seen is 1280 although the monitor is full HD 67563