Windows 10: At every log on I get a message that firewall is turned off but when I check it is actually...

Discus and support At every log on I get a message that firewall is turned off but when I check it is actually... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 with the latest updates. Every time I log on the PC I get the little alert telling me firewall is off and I am at risk.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Only1Canoli, May 14, 2020.

1. At every log on I get a message that firewall is turned off but when I check it is actually...

I am using Windows 10 with the latest updates. Every time I log on the PC I get the little alert telling me firewall is off and I am at risk. However, it is actually on. Note, I do not see the red shield like others, just the message in the notifcation center. I do not have any antivirus running, but I do have malwarebytes which I dont believe has any effect on firewall. Honestly, I dont believe it is off. When I do press the prompt to correct the firewall situation, it take me to Windows security center and there I see the firewall is on and A-OK. I ran the firewall troubleshooter numerous times and it never turns anything up.

Thanks is advance for your assistance.

O1C

:)

Only1Canoli, May 14, 2020

2. How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications?

Windows 10 continually harasses me about the firewall, posting a "Check Firewall Status" notification multiple times per day, even though my firewall settings are controlled by a domain policy, they are fine and there is no problem, and
    I can't do a darned thing about the settings.

So far I have:

• Turned off "Security and Maintenance" notifications in the Settings -> Notifications & Actions panel.
    • Turned off "Messages about network firewall" in Control Panel -> Security and Maintenance.
    • Turned off "Messages about Internet security settings" in Control Panel -> Security and Maintenance.

I'm afraid I may be disabling important stuff I need, just in order to stop Action Center from constantly begging for my attention because of a useless, time-wasting notification. In fact today I took the sub-optimal step of hiding Action Center, because
    so far it has only ever shown worthless notifications. I hope there never is a real notification I should see...

Has anyone ever found one correct way to stop the "Check Firewall Status" notification? Failing that, is there a way to write a program to watch for and clear a notification, based on its message text, as soon as it arrives?

Charles_Jenkins, May 14, 2020
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Firewall

Hello,

It is recommended to turn on your Firewalls to prevent your computer from unauthorized access and being vulnerable. Based on your issue description, it looks like you wanted to turn off Windows Firewall. To turn off Windows Firewall, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• On Start, scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel > System
      and Security
      > Windows Firewall.
    • Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Under the appropriate network setting, select Turn on Windows Firewall.
      • Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your .administrator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, May 14, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

At every log on I get a message that firewall is turned off but when I check it is actually...

windows 10 firewall messages are not displayed

Hi Gloria,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with Windows 10 firewall.

This issue might occur, if there are any prior changes made to network settings.

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

• Press Windows Key + R from your keyboard.

• Type control and press ok.

• Select System and Security, Go to
      Windows Firewall and Click on Change notification setting at left pane. (You will see on left side of the windows)

• Check the option
      Notify me before installing any app/programs under both
      Private
      and Public sections.
    I would also suggest you to refer the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to to fix issue with Firewall (Turn Windows Firewall on or off).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-982f851617ed/turn-windows-firewall-on-or-off

Please get back to us, if you still facing issue
    with Windows 10 firewall.

Thank you.

Swapna S, May 14, 2020
Thema:

At every log on I get a message that firewall is turned off but when I check it is actually...

1. At every log on I get a message that firewall is turned off but when I check it is actually... - Similar Threads - every log message

2. how to turn off Firewall protection messages.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to turn off Firewall protection messages.: I'll try to be nice but Microsoft is making me mad again.I keep getting notifications to turn on the Firewall & network protection.How can I turn this off.I can't use the Windows firewall because it will interfere with our printing. I use another software for antivirus and...
  3. how to turn off Firewall protection messages.

how to turn off Firewall protection messages.: I'll try to be nice but Microsoft is making me mad again.I keep getting notifications to turn on the Firewall & network protection.How can I turn this off.I can't use the Windows firewall because it will interfere with our printing. I use another software for antivirus and...
  4. Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YoshiKombat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iiel27/firewall_is_turned_off_and_i_cant_turn_it_back_on/
  5. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  6. firewall turned off showing on every boot

firewall turned off showing on every boot: windows 10 gives windows firewall & mcafee firewall both are turned off on every boot but its not actually turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-turned-off-showing-on-every-boot/a24b9d5e-02f6-42fd-acc7-b216faa8497e"
  7. Why do I get the message "Network Discovery is turned off" when it is on?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I get the message "Network Discovery is turned off" when it is on?: Network Discovery is turned on on my computer. I am continually receiving the message "Network Discovery is turned off". Why does this error message keep popping up? See the screen-shot below to see what I'm dealing with. [ATTACH]...
  8. Getting Message That AV is turned off, When it is Not

Getting Message That AV is turned off, When it is Not: Toshiba laptop, running W10 Home, Anniv. I'm getting a mesage that Bitdefender AV is turned off, when it is, in fact, up and running. Just a fluke, or what? Thanks in advance for your input....Ed 78393
  9. Should I turn off Windows Firewall?

Should I turn off Windows Firewall?: Hey, Just got this firewall "Glasswire" and was wondering if I should turn off Windows 10 Firewall while I'm using it? I'm just not sure if Glasswire gives me as much protection as the Windows one give me. -Thanks! 19741
  10. Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.

Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.: Hi, I do apologise if this has been asked, I have searched and also used google to search, to no avail, at least not worded this way. I do not use windows firewall, I opt to use Windows10Firewall Control, which does, IMO, a better job of giving me control. Which is...