Windows 10: At least once a week Windows 10 at startup won't go past the lock screen unless I provide a...

Discus and support At least once a week Windows 10 at startup won't go past the lock screen unless I provide a... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My desktop computer is not set up with a password. I am the only one who has access and uses this device. I choose "never" ask for a password in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dunneknow, Jun 26, 2019.

1. dunneknow Win User

At least once a week Windows 10 at startup won't go past the lock screen unless I provide a...

My desktop computer is not set up with a password. I am the only one who has access and uses this device. I choose "never" ask for a password in settings and to make matters worse, when this happens and I provide the correct password for my 25 year old Microsoft email account, the only Microsoft account I have ever had, I get an incorrect password message and can't access my computer. If I turn off the computer and restart usually it goes through startup correctly not asking for a password. But I am most worried about the day that I will be denied access to my computer because I can't provide a non existent password which I told the device in settings never to ask for. This is a major issue that needs to be corrected or someday a lot of people are going to find themselves unable to access their devices because of this obvious glitch in windows 10. I am particularly touchy about this issue because almost 30 years ago using Windows 3.1 I was locked out of my computer permanently because the computer startup suddenly demanded a non existent password to proceed and not even the Microsoft technician could get Windows to get past the password problem after nearly 2 hours of trying. The hard drive (and all my files) had to be wiped and Windows re installed to fix the problem. I never want to go through this again and all subsequent versions of Windows Pro seem to have fixed this problem only to have it show up its ugly head in Windows 10, which is being touted as the best version of Windows ever. It can only be the best if you can use it without fear of being locked out of your device.

:)

dunneknow, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Tais0112 Win User
    Startup problems. Autorepair won´t fix it.

Hello

For the past few months my PC has not been able to startup. Auto repair won´t fix the problem, but it gave me all the problemdetails.

StartupRepairOffline

Problemsignature 01: 6.1.7600.16385

Problemsignature 02: 6.1.7600.16385

Problemsignature 03: Unknown

problemsignature 04: 211995523

problemsignature 05: AutoFailover

Problemsignature 06: 17

Problemsignature 07: NoRootCause

OS-version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

local ID: 1030

Can anybody help me with this problem?

Tais0112, Jun 26, 2019
  4. At least once a week Windows 10 at startup won't go past the lock screen unless I provide a...

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

At least once a week Windows 10 at startup won't go past the lock screen unless I provide a...

1. At least once a week Windows 10 at startup won't go past the lock screen unless I provide a... - Similar Threads - least once week

2. Blue Screens/Freezing happening at least once in less than 2 weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screens/Freezing happening at least once in less than 2 weeks: I owned this laptop ASUS ROG Stix G513RM since November 2022 and I always had this issue of getting a Blue Screen or a freeze on my laptop when starting/restarting or navigating midway.I tried so many methods to get rid of it, like:- sfc /scannow- Memory Diagnosis-...
  3. Blue Screens/Freezing happening at least once in less than 2 weeks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screens/Freezing happening at least once in less than 2 weeks: I owned this laptop ASUS ROG Stix G513RM since November 2022 and I always had this issue of getting a Blue Screen or a freeze on my laptop when starting/restarting or navigating midway.I tried so many methods to get rid of it, like:- sfc /scannow- Memory Diagnosis-...
  4. Edge in Windows 11 - at least once daily, and sometimes more than once a day - locks up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge in Windows 11 - at least once daily, and sometimes more than once a day - locks up...: Hello I have HP Pavilion, I purchased with Windows 11 pre-installed. At least once daily, and sometimes more than once a day - Edge seems to lock up with "Edge is NOT Responding". If I wait long enough whatever is blocking Edge response is resolved and Edge refreshes the web...
  5. Edge in Windows 11 - at least once daily, and sometimes more than once a day - locks up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge in Windows 11 - at least once daily, and sometimes more than once a day - locks up...: Hello I have HP Pavilion, I purchased with Windows 11 pre-installed. At least once daily, and sometimes more than once a day - Edge seems to lock up with "Edge is NOT Responding". If I wait long enough whatever is blocking Edge response is resolved and Edge refreshes the web...
  6. Windows 10 BSOD's at least once a day.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD's at least once a day.: Hello.Recently, I've performed a few updates on drivers and my BIOS. Since then, I've been getting BSOD's at least once a day, usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION where ks.sys failed.Any idea on how to identify the cause and how to fix this?...
  7. Different blue screens of death on startup, usually about once a week.

Different blue screens of death on startup, usually about once a week.: My friend built me a computer about October last year. He's built a few computers now so I trust that he's done everything correctly. Everything seems to run smoothly. However, usually once or twice a week I experience a blue screen of death, each time a different stop code....
  8. Keyboard won't work unless I press the "Ease of Access" icon on the startup screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard won't work unless I press the "Ease of Access" icon on the startup screen: So I've been trying to find a solution for this problem for almost an hour now and it's annoying me. I own a Lenovo Legion Y7000 laptop with Windows 10 installed. Today, after I turned off my laptop, I noticed some sort of...bread crumb I think, on the keyboard, under one of...
  9. Blue screens for the past 2 weeks.

Blue screens for the past 2 weeks.: Hello there, ive been getting blue screens when playing games or even using a browser for the past 2 weeks and I really tried everything i know to fix it. The first time it happened i was in a middle of a game and then a blue screen with the stop code :...
  10. BSOD once a day for the past week

BSOD once a day for the past week: For at least a week now, my computer has had a BSOD once a day, but after that it's fine for the rest of the day until the next day when I boot my PC up again. Today, however, it crashed twice in one day. I've had help from my friend to try and solve this but he can't come up...