Windows 10: At log-on: RPC server is not available

Discus and support At log-on: RPC server is not available in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just bought a new Asus laptop, and when I power it up, at the log-in screen the background picture is the same one that appears after hibernation.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by mc_nyregrus, Sep 18, 2021.

1. At log-on: RPC server is not available

I just bought a new Asus laptop, and when I power it up, at the log-in screen the background picture is the same one that appears after hibernation. More about that in a moment. I enter my password, and then a blue screen appears that says that the RPC server is not available.All I can do is press "okay", and I then return to the log-in screen. If I then press the "shut down" button in the bottom right corner it will just return to the same log-in screen.If I then press the power button, the screen will show that spinning circle, as if I had either logged on or the computer was powering down.

:)

mc_nyregrus, Sep 18, 2021

2. WBAdmin - The RPC server is unavailable

Hi.

My Name is David B.

Independent Advisor I'd like to help.

In this case, possible causes of the error "The RPC server is not available" include:

• RPC service stopped: If the RPC service on the server is not running, obviously the client will not be able to contact you.

• Name resolution problems: The name of the RPC server may be resolving the wrong IP address, which means that the client contacts the wrong server or tries to contact an IP address that is not currently in use. Alternatively, the server name may not be resolving
    anything at all.

• Traffic blocked by the firewall: A firewall or other security application on the server, or the application of a network firewall between the client and the server, can prevent traffic from reaching the server on TCP port 135.

• Connectivity problems: The client may not contact the server due to a general network problem.

Now, to fix it, do the following:

• Open the services console on the server.

• Locate the remote procedure call service (RPC) and make sure it is running.

Note: The remote procedure call (RPC) location service does not necessarily have to be running.

• If the service stops, try to start it manually.

From the client computer, ping the server by name to verify that the name resolves with the correct IP address. If you do, name resolution is probably not the cause of the problem, and the rest of the steps in this section can be omitted.

If the client and server are members of an Active Directory (AD) domain, DNS is used for name resolution. Verify that the client and server are using the correct DNS servers, which must be within the domain and will usually be domain controllers. If the correct
    DNS servers are being used, use the DNS management console on those servers to verify that the RPC server has the correct DNS records. If necessary, the ipconfig / registerdns command can be used on the RPC server to re-enter your DNS records. If no AD domain
    is present, WINS can be used for name resolution.

The ipconfig / all command lists, among other things, the WINS servers being used by the RPC server. Check the WINS database on these servers to verify that the records on the RPC server are correct. If necessary, the nbtstat -RR command can be executed on
    the RPC server to re-enter your WINS records. Traffic blocked by the firewall, in this case:

• Check the Windows firewall settings on the RPC server. If the firewall is enabled, make sure that traffic on TCP port 135 is enabled to pass.

• If the server is running Windows Server 2003, the Windows firewall may not handle the RPC dynamic port assignment correctly. In this case, it may be necessary to disable the Windows firewall or restrict the ports used by RPC.

• If the server is running Windows Server 2008 or later, verify that the Windows firewall service is running. The Windows firewall in Windows Server 2008 and later versions should handle RPC traffic properly and by default, however, in case it needs to be configured
    manually, see the following TechNet article for instructions: Allow incoming network traffic that you use Dynamic CPR.

• If the Windows firewall must be completely disabled in Windows Server 2008 or higher, do not stop the Windows firewall service. Instead, follow the steps described in How to properly shut down the Windows firewall on Windows Servers 2008 and higher.

• If an external firewall software, another security application or a firewall network is in use, consult the application or device documentation to determine if it can be configured to handle RPC traffic.

• If the firewall software, another security application or network device cannot be configured to properly handle RPC dynamic traffic, the port range used by RPC can be restricted, and this range can then be opened in the firewall or application of security.
    To restrict the port range used by RPC, see How to configure dynamic RPC port mapping to work with a firewall.

Regards...

DavidBlack452, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - windows backup fails about 40% done with error code 0x800706BA - RPC server not available

Windows 10 build 1803 - windows backup fails about 40% done with error code 0x800706BA - RPC server not available.

I checked but RPC server is running.

Any suggestions to fix this? Backup used to work on build 1704.

SteveBurden, Sep 18, 2021
  4. At log-on: RPC server is not available

RPC server is unavailable

from login screen it says rpc server not available, press win+r no response; cannot do a thing.

JanetWard1, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

At log-on: RPC server is not available

1. At log-on: RPC server is not available - Similar Threads - log RPC server

2. W11 - The RPC Server is unavailable. I can't log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 - The RPC Server is unavailable. I can't log in: W11 - When I boot up my computer, the first one only screen says the rpc server is unavailable on a black back ground with a ok button. Because of this I can't log into my computer. When I click on the OK box, I am rerouted back to the screen where it asks me for my pin. Once...
  3. RPC server.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RPC server.: What is the problem if your PC says that the RPC server is not available when signing in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rpc-server/64c0f6b1-6916-483e-93ac-a1c707bc91aa
  4. RPC server.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RPC server.: What is the problem if your PC says that the RPC server is not available when signing in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rpc-server/64c0f6b1-6916-483e-93ac-a1c707bc91aa
  5. The RPC server is unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The RPC server is unavailable: As I logged onto my computer this morning a message popped saying "the rpc server is unavailable", I couldn't log into my computer because of this message; however, I pressed the restart button on my pc case and everything worked fine the message didn't pop up and I could...
  6. Tried to log in, ' RPC-server unavailable'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried to log in, ' RPC-server unavailable': Yeah basically what the title says. On Google I only find stuff that works when you're logged in but I cannot log in. submitted by /u/OhNoMyBaguette [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/erz94j/tried_to_log_in_rpcserver_unavailable/
  7. "RPC server not available" - Computer Management/Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "RPC server not available" - Computer Management/Disk Management: For months now I have been unable to connect USB drives automatically in Win 10. When I go to Computer Management/Disk Management I often see the drive there, but with no drive letter, so I have to manually add the drive with a new drive letter. If I try to "Refresh" or...
  8. "RPC server not available" - Computer Management/Disk Management

in Windows 10 Support
    "RPC server not available" - Computer Management/Disk Management: For months now I have been unable to connect USB drives automatically in Win 10. When I go to Computer Management/Disk Management I often see the drive there, but with no drive letter, so I have to manually add the drive with a new drive letter. If I try to "Refresh" or...
  9. The RPC Server is Unavailable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The RPC Server is Unavailable: Whenever I try to create a system image with Backup and restore (Windows 7) I would receive this error - The RPC Server is Unavailable (0x800706BE) Just installed Windows (fresh install)...
  10. Problems logging into Windows 10 RPC Server Unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems logging into Windows 10 RPC Server Unavailable: Hi all, My son has a Lenovo ideapad 110 running Windows 10 which he uses mostly to play Minecraft. He had a friend round the other day & they were messing around with the laptop. Now he cannot login to Windows (RPC Server unavailable displayed on blue screen). In addition to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rpc server is unavailable windows 7 cant login