Windows 10: At login screen, wont accept pin, forgot password, Selected-selective startup(in sys...

Discus and support At login screen, wont accept pin, forgot password, Selected-selective startup(in sys... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; basicly the title says it all. I wanted to go to safe mode so I looked on line how to get there. I selected sys config and then selected selective... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kharahk123, Nov 24, 2019.

1. At login screen, wont accept pin, forgot password, Selected-selective startup(in sys...

basicly the title says it all. I wanted to go to safe mode so I looked on line how to get there. I selected sys config and then selected selective startup. I rebooted (held option, I am running boot camp and both OS's) When I get to login screen I try to login with my pin but it wont let me it asks for my password ( I reset this after trying to get in on the microsoft web site still nothing). I have a usb recovery stick. Please help I have my system set up just the way I like it after a year of tweaking it.

:)

Kharahk123, Nov 24, 2019

2. forgot password for account!!!!

You need to boot into Safe Mode. Do this by mashing F8 when the computer is starting, right before Windows loads, until you see a bunch of options. Select "Safe Mode". It'll boot into Safe Mode, and bring you to the login screen. At the login screen, go in as "Administrator", and from there go to the control panel. In the control panel, open "users", select the account you forgot the password of, and click "remove password". Restart the computer and all will be well *Smile At login screen, wont accept pin, forgot password, Selected-selective startup(in sys... :).

zekrahminator, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Cannot remember password and PIN to login

Hi,

As per the query, I would like to inform that you require to create a password prior to the creation of the PIN. If you remember the password, click on the sign-in options under the password box in the login screen.

If you forgot your Microsoft account password,
    follow these steps.

If you don’t have a Microsoft account and forgot your local account password,
    you can’t recover it. Instead, you’ll need to reset your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings.

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.
    • While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.
    • On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.
    • Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 24, 2019
  4. At login screen, wont accept pin, forgot password, Selected-selective startup(in sys...

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

At login screen, wont accept pin, forgot password, Selected-selective startup(in sys...

1. At login screen, wont accept pin, forgot password, Selected-selective startup(in sys... - Similar Threads - login screen wont

2. Windows Login - Delay between selecting Hello Face, Pin & Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Login - Delay between selecting Hello Face, Pin & Password: Hello, I have a user have sporadic issues trying to switch between Hello Face, Pin & Password. There would be a 30 second to 2 minute delay for the text box to show up when switching through each option.Eventually the user was able to logon by clicking first on "Other User",...
  3. Windows Login - Delay between selecting Hello Face, Pin & Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Login - Delay between selecting Hello Face, Pin & Password: Hello, I have a user have sporadic issues trying to switch between Hello Face, Pin & Password. There would be a 30 second to 2 minute delay for the text box to show up when switching through each option.Eventually the user was able to logon by clicking first on "Other User",...
  4. I forgot my pin but the 'forgot the pin' selection didn't work.

I forgot my pin but the 'forgot the pin' selection didn't work.: Windows suddenly requires to use pin code to log in my ASUS laptop. But I don't remember that I have a pin code before. But I cannot choose the forgot the pin either....
  5. I forgot my pin but the 'forgot the pin' selection didn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my pin but the 'forgot the pin' selection didn't work.: Windows suddenly requires to use pin code to log in my ASUS laptop. But I don't remember that I have a pin code before. But I cannot choose the forgot the pin either....
  6. A few select sites sites will not accept a valid password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A few select sites sites will not accept a valid password: I have a problem with a few selects sites that render the entered password as invalid although the password is correct. Theses same sites will accept the password on another PC with no problems. I have tried browsers Bing, Edge and Firefox with no results and I believe this...
  7. A few select sites sites will not accept a valid password

A few select sites sites will not accept a valid password: I have a problem with a few selects sites that render the entered password as invalid although the password is correct. Theses same sites will accept the password on another PC with no problems. I have tried browsers Bing, Edge and Firefox with no results and I believe this...
  8. Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup: When I select "normal startup" in System Config it always reverts back to "selective startup". All the boxes in Advanced T. S.have been cleared. I have read on this forum I'm not alone with this issue and isn't really a problem. My question is if I select the " make all boot...
  9. Stuck in Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in Selective Startup: (Moved from EightForums, where I posted in error.) I was instructed to use Selective Startup to get Quicken installed (didn't work), and now I can't get out! This is a laptop that has been stuck with the Microsoft account login (cannot fix it as other options are grayed...
  10. MSConfig & Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    MSConfig & Selective Startup: So msconfig is driving me nuts as whenever i just click normal or diagonstic boot it reverts to selective startup. I had this issue in Windows 7 and i fixed it somehow. Any help? 9138