Windows 10: At my wits end with IPv4 connection issue.... HELP!

Discus and support At my wits end with IPv4 connection issue.... HELP! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, My wife's laptop, a Dell Inspiron 5755 (service tag 848Z9G2) running W10 Home, suddenly will not connect to the internet. It will connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by graywoulf, Nov 26, 2020.

1. graywoulf Win User

At my wits end with IPv4 connection issue.... HELP!

Hello all,

My wife's laptop, a Dell Inspiron 5755 (service tag 848Z9G2) running W10 Home, suddenly will not connect to the internet. It will connect to our home WiFi network without any problems but no further. I can connect a cable from the router and get internet access though.

She claims that she has not installed any new apps but does let it do Windows updates but she is not sure when the last one was installed. I have my laptop that I am using here that works fine as well as every other WiFi connected device in our house. I have reset the Spectrum cable internet modem several times as well as my Netgear Nighthawk router which I did a firmware update after she started having this problem so all of that is up to date as far as I know. She even did a Windows reset procedure and that did not help

Her laptop is using the Qualcomm QCA9565 WiFi and Bluetooth adapter which indicates that it is using the latest and best driver available.

I have determined that there is no IPv4 connection as indicated in the WiFi Status screen. So, I have scoured the internet looking for a fix and I have tried everything that I can find on this issue but the problem has remained.

I have flushed the DNS cache, reset stuff, cleared this and that and rebooted this laptop to death and I still have not gotten this resolved. I hope that one of you gurus/geniuses can send me the magic solution for this.

Thanks in advance for any and all help with this.

:)

graywoulf, Nov 26, 2020

2. Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally this Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected, means that the devices in not in use or not connected and it could be any device for example, Ethernet, WIFI, Bluetooth or Local Area Connection.

If you are using WI-FI for internet connection then Ethernet will show Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected.

In order to understand the issue and assist you accordingly, we need some information

• What is your network setup?
    • Are you seeing any errors?
    • Where you are seeing this information?

Meanwhile, try the troubleshooting steps referred in this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows
    and check if it works.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 26, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 26, 2020
  4. At my wits end with IPv4 connection issue.... HELP!

IPv4/IPv6 no connection

Hi Mark,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Internet Connection. I will certainly assist you.

I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X Key, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    I would also suggest you to refer the article on Fix network connection issues in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

At my wits end with IPv4 connection issue.... HELP!

1. At my wits end with IPv4 connection issue.... HELP! - Similar Threads - wits end IPv4

2. Help. I'm at my Wits End.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help. I'm at my Wits End.: I am totally unable to scroll down within any System File or any APP in Windows 10.This just started yesterday. I have since done everything humanly possible. I have reinstalled Windows 10. I have updated all Drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my mouse. I have...
  3. Help. I'm at my Wits End.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help. I'm at my Wits End.: I am totally unable to scroll down within any System File or any APP in Windows 10.This just started yesterday. I have since done everything humanly possible. I have reinstalled Windows 10. I have updated all Drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my mouse. I have...
  4. Help. I'm at my Wits End.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PLEASE HELP!!! at my wits end

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP!!! at my wits end: I dont have this problem with windows 7, but on windows 10, EVERY simulator and game I have shuts itself off after a few hours to maybe 20-30 min. no error message at all, just goes to the desktop with no warning. I have tried everything including a complete new hard drive...
  6. AT my wits end with this mouse issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AT my wits end with this mouse issue: y does my mouse not work since windows 10? requires 1 2 3 clicks to function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-my-wits-end-with-this-mouse-issue/072dc6b7-98d5-454a-9d0c-dde48cd963d5
  7. I am at my wits end..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am at my wits end..: submitted by /u/TIWIMEISTER [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlypq3/i_am_at_my_wits_end/
  8. At wit's end

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    At wit's end: Ok, so a little while ago, I decided I want to get into game streaming. I'm a stay at home, disabled husband. I bought a decent pair of headphones, and a professional cardiodid mic. Everything worked perfectly - until today. Now, I can't get my mic to work with groups,...
  9. At my wit's end with my internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    At my wit's end with my internet connection: So, the TL;DR is that I'm having internet problems. I have a gig internet plan with Comcast, but my computer specifically is getting anywhere from 100-200 MBPS, even when I'm hardwired in. I had one of their techs come out to do a complete overview of everything, and...
  10. At Wits end

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    At Wits end: Ok, things used to be so easy. I have three new or newer computers running windows 10 and avg internet security ultimate. I can't connect to other computers on network and am just about bald. I can see one computer but the laptop I can't. all settings are the same.. I am...