Windows 10: At my wit's end with my internet connection

Discus and support At my wit's end with my internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, the TL;DR is that I'm having internet problems. I have a gig internet plan with Comcast, but my computer specifically is getting anywhere from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alesticar, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Alesticar Win User

At my wit's end with my internet connection

So, the TL;DR is that I'm having internet problems. I have a gig internet plan with Comcast, but my computer specifically is getting anywhere from 100-200 MBPS, even when I'm hardwired in. I had one of their techs come out to do a complete overview of everything, and confirmed that for the rest of our phones, tablets, and other computers, the speed is there. It's JUST my computer. I'm hardwired with a CAT7 cable, so it should be more than sufficient for transferring the speed. Additionally, my computer was indeed able to hit those original speeds when we first got this internet.

One of the other problems occurring is that whenever I try to run a speedtest, whether it's through Fast.com, Google, or the Xfinity speedtest site, I get the exclamation mark on my internet. I run the troubleshooter, and it tells me that "the default gateway is not available," but that it has been fixed. This happens constantly. No matter how many times the issue gets "fixed," it always reoccurs minutes later.

In trying to troubleshoot this myself, I have done several things.

1. Update my network drivers.

2. Uninstall and reinstall my network drivers.

3. Repair winsock

4. Restarted my router and modem.

5. Downloaded the Complete Internet Repair tool and run everything (Although it was unable to Reset Internet Protocols due to "Access Denied" as an administrator, and it was also unable to repair windows / automatic updates.)

6. Ran deep scans of Malwarebytes, Avast Antivirus, CCleaner, and SuperAntiSpyware to check for any kind of malware, spyware, or other system issues. Anything any of these tools found, I quarantined and purged from the system.

7. Restarted my computer at least a dozen times by now.

None of this has worked. I still have the default gateway problem and I'm still getting 200 MBPS tops. Is there anybody out there that would know what's going on? I can provide reports or whatever else is needed.

:)

Alesticar, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

At my wits end with WiFi

because you didnt go through the exact same steps.

Solaris17, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Nath Bea Win User

HTC 7 Mozart mobile not connecting to internet

Hello,

If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi or use the Mobile Data on your HTC 7 Mozart device, we suggest that you follow the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair. After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed.

• For issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks, select Connectivity > My phone has problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, then follow the suggested steps provided.

• And for issues connecting to the internet using a mobile data connection, select
      Connectivity > I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. At my wit's end with my internet connection - Similar Threads - wit's end internet

2. Help. I'm at my Wits End.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help. I'm at my Wits End.: I am totally unable to scroll down within any System File or any APP in Windows 10.This just started yesterday. I have since done everything humanly possible. I have reinstalled Windows 10. I have updated all Drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my mouse. I have...
  3. At My Wit's End - 100% Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    At My Wit's End - 100% Disk: I have been working at this for over 2 weeks. I have followed every 100% disk full remedy I could locate. 1. The machine doesn't have superfetch 2. All drives are updated 3. Performed disk check 4. Temporarily disabled virus protection 5. I performed a full system...
  4. PLEASE HELP!!! at my wits end

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP!!! at my wits end: I dont have this problem with windows 7, but on windows 10, EVERY simulator and game I have shuts itself off after a few hours to maybe 20-30 min. no error message at all, just goes to the desktop with no warning. I have tried everything including a complete new hard drive...
  5. I Am At My Wit's End

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Am At My Wit's End: After digging through countless forums and help boards I cannot filter through or find anything relevant to my current situation. I got a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 a few days ago and set up a few things, nothing much. Just Steam, Tf2, Zoom, Minecraft, and a couple...
  6. At my wits end with IPv4 connection issue.... HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    At my wits end with IPv4 connection issue.... HELP!: Hello all, My wife's laptop, a Dell Inspiron 5755 (service tag 848Z9G2) running W10 Home, suddenly will not connect to the internet. It will connect to our home WiFi network without any problems but no further. I can connect a cable from the router and get internet access...
  7. AT my wits end with this mouse issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AT my wits end with this mouse issue: y does my mouse not work since windows 10? requires 1 2 3 clicks to function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-my-wits-end-with-this-mouse-issue/072dc6b7-98d5-454a-9d0c-dde48cd963d5
  8. I am at my wits end..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am at my wits end..: submitted by /u/TIWIMEISTER [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlypq3/i_am_at_my_wits_end/
  9. Constant BSOD - at my wits end

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD - at my wits end: Hi, Can someone please look at my minidump files and point me in the right direction here? dump files here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkUVehxmeikB8TZCZS_rcFQniT2N?e=PZhmYf been getting ntfs.sys a lot of late but has also been others. i had changed my SSD, swapped memory...
  10. At Wits end

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    At Wits end: Ok, things used to be so easy. I have three new or newer computers running windows 10 and avg internet security ultimate. I can't connect to other computers on network and am just about bald. I can see one computer but the laptop I can't. all settings are the same.. I am...