Windows 10: At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds then come back.

Discus and support At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds then come back. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 x64 AMD Ryzen 5 2400G @3.8GHz MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2 MicroATX/current BIOS 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4-3200 Radeon Vega... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ncsercs, May 4, 2021.

1. ncsercs Win User

At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds then come back.

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 x64 AMD Ryzen 5 2400G @3.8GHz MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2 MicroATX/current BIOS 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4-3200 Radeon Vega 11 Graphics/current drivers Dell SE2717H 1080p 1920x1080 @60Hz using HDMI At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds then come back. Swapped HDMI cable for another one and problem was still there. Swapped HDMI cable for VGA cable and issue went away. Thought something was wrong with the Dell HDMI input. Just got a Lenovo ThinkVision P27h-10 QHD 2560x1440 @60Hz using HDMI. Guess what? The problem returned!Wasn't the Dell monitor after all! Have current drivers from Feb 2021.Is this an issue with Win 10, AMD or anything else? Seriously thinking about going back to Intel CPUs.....

:)

ncsercs, May 4, 2021
  2. Ghot Win User

@ncsercs

Sounds like the HDMI connector on your motherboard is shot, or possibly just loose.

They make HDMI cables with a locking heads. You might try one of them.
    But if the HDMI connector on the motherboard is damaged, that may not even help.

As you can see from this pic of your motherboard, the HDMI connector is pretty fragile.

At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds then come back. [​IMG]

Ghot, May 4, 2021
  3. ncsercs Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 x64
    AMD Ryzen 5 2400G @3.8GHz
    MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2 MicroATX/current BIOS
    16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4-3200
    Radeon Vega 11 Graphics/current drivers
    Dell SE2717H 1080p 1920x1080 @60Hz using HDMI

Swapped HDMI cable for another one and problem was still there.
    Swapped HDMI cable for VGA cable and issue went away.
    Thought something was wrong with the Dell HDMI input.

Just got a Lenovo ThinkVision P27h-10 QHD 2560x1440 @60Hz using HDMI.
    Guess what? The problem returned!Wasn't the Dell monitor after all!
    Have current drivers from Feb 2021.Is this an issue with Win 10, AMD or anything else?

Seriously thinking about going back to Intel CPUs.....

ncsercs, May 4, 2021
  4. At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds then come back.

Random Blank Screen after upgrade to Windows 10

There is no external monitor connected.

Screen resolution is 2560 X 1440 standard for this monitor and was never an issue in the past.

I did not reduce the screen resolution. The event is random and could go for a day or two without happening then suddenly start blanking for 5-10 seconds every few minutes.

AnthonyHopson, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds then come back. - Similar Threads - random screen blank

2. Black screen and comes back after few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and comes back after few seconds: Hello,It started happening today. What I already tried?Enter in safe mode, uninstall all NVIDIA drivers and make a clean install of the latest version 466.77 I was running either 466.47 or 466.63.sfc /scannowdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthWhen I was installing the...
  3. random black screen for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random black screen for a few seconds: As the title says, I've been having random black screen. Happens once in a few days and looks like lost signal (screen turns off for a few seconds and then turns back on) but when it happens some apps like photoshop and blender always crash. Everything else works fine and...
  4. My second and third screens go randomly black for a couple seconds then come right back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My second and third screens go randomly black for a couple seconds then come right back: My second and third screens go randomly black for a couple seconds then come right back I have checked power settings and they are set to never go to sleep and it happens literally while typing on that monitor...
  5. Random flash on screen every few seconds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random flash on screen every few seconds: I can see a random flash of a window or some widget on my screen every few seconds. I want to find out the application that is doing it. Any ideas how I can find out? Thanks...
  6. My screen goes all black for few seconds and it comes back to normal, very randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My screen goes all black for few seconds and it comes back to normal, very randomly.: Hi, In my friend's PC: The screen goes black for few seconds and it goes back to normal, in a very random way. This is his build: i5 9600k, Z390 Aorus Pro, 2x8 GSkill 3200 and no GPU (uhd 630). He tried stress test, a different GPU (rx580), a different PSU, different...
  7. My monitor goes blank for a few seconds and then comes back on it slowly gets worse . I am...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My monitor goes blank for a few seconds and then comes back on it slowly gets worse . I am...: Since the last windows 10 update, my monitor goes blank black for a few seconds and then comes on again. It continues to do this whatever I have tried. Contacted Microsoft/windows and they looked into my unit but didn't see my screen going blank. Not at all happy with...
  8. Computer Suddenly Going Black For A Few Seconds and Freezing Then Coming Back On

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer Suddenly Going Black For A Few Seconds and Freezing Then Coming Back On: Hi there, don't know where to go as I am not computer savvy at all. My computer has all of a sudden been crashing the games I am playing and freezing and having the screen go black for a few seconds. The specs are a evga 2070 super, windows 10, i7-9700k, z390 pro4...
  9. 5 seconds of blank screen randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    5 seconds of blank screen randomly: During browsing only, my screen will blank for about 5 seconds at irregular intervals. I have power options set at sleep-never and blank screen-never, but changing them seems to do no good. 118270
  10. Screen goes black for a few seconds and comes back randomly Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black for a few seconds and comes back randomly Windows 10: Hi, This just started happening after the Windows 10 anniversary upgrade recently. The screen goes black at random times for 2 seconds or so and comes back and it is quite annoying at times. My PC: Lenovo c260 CPU: J2900 Ram: 4 GB Graphics: Intel HD 1. Tried...