Windows 10: At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions.

Discus and support At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I am having this weird issue and I am not sure why this does this. I would be playing a game and all of a sudden my hotkeys will not work. I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KennethStout, Jun 12, 2022.

1. At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions.

Hi,I am having this weird issue and I am not sure why this does this. I would be playing a game and all of a sudden my hotkeys will not work. I would press different buttons and it would have either no effect or does something completely random. I try to pull up a menu, it either does nothing F10, or pulls up the Windows menu. On the internet, I click on a link, and it produces a second tab. This has been happening for years now. I am sick of this. Everything I do, it does not remedy the issue. The only thing that stops it is restarting the computer. Thank God I am not in school or use

:)

KennethStout, Jun 12, 2022

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 12, 2022
  3. elbmek Win User
    Keyboards - Change of Function

I just went into control panel and keyboards, it says I have 4 setting. I deleted all except the ps2 and rebooted, it put the others back in HID Keyboards, I only have the one attached. I decided to do a screen dump of the PS2 keyboard drivers and noticed something: what the hell is ESET.

At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions. [​IMG]

The other two keyboards now listed

At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions. [​IMG]

elbmek, Jun 12, 2022
  4. At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions.

Mouse Scroll Wheel changes windows in some web sites

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with the performance of your mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or a Bluetooth mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse? If yes, what is the result?
    • Have you tried using your current mouse to a different computer? If yes, how was it?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For possible resolution, we suggest that you check and try the troubleshooting steps from the articles below:

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 12, 2022
Thema:

At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions.

1. At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions. - Similar Threads - random times keyboard

2. My settings change for keyboard and mouse or browser randomly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My settings change for keyboard and mouse or browser randomly?: So about 4 months ago I changed my settings for devices to not be charged or have power while pc was off. It would randomly turn itself on and read that the reason might be keyboard turns itself on causing pc to turn on. So a few days later my pc keyboard randomly-All caps on...
  3. My settings change for keyboard and mouse or browser randomly?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My settings change for keyboard and mouse or browser randomly?: So about 4 months ago I changed my settings for devices to not be charged or have power while pc was off. It would randomly turn itself on and read that the reason might be keyboard turns itself on causing pc to turn on. So a few days later my pc keyboard randomly-All caps on...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not functioning: Hi! I'm using an ASUS desktop that was dual booted with Ubuntu and Windows 7. On Windows 7, the keyboard was functioning but the mouse wasn't - so I downloaded the Remote Mouse app. As long as the app is launched, I can connect to the pc over WiFi and use my phone as a...
  5. Keyboard and mouse not functioning

Keyboard and mouse not functioning: Hi! I'm using an ASUS desktop that was dual booted with Ubuntu and Windows 7. On Windows 7, the keyboard was functioning but the mouse wasn't - so I downloaded the Remote Mouse app. As long as the app is launched, I can connect to the pc over WiFi and use my phone as a...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Certain Keys on my keyboard change functions randomly all at the same time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain Keys on my keyboard change functions randomly all at the same time.: Randomly the following functions change Windows key --> opens Microsoft 365 escape key --> changes the window that is in focus tab key --> opens small white rectangular ui that shows all the open applications and switches between them when pressing tab right shift -->...
  8. At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions.

At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions.: Hi,I am having this weird issue and I am not sure why this does this. I would be playing a game and all of a sudden my hotkeys will not work. I would press different buttons and it would have either no effect or does something completely random. I try to pull up a menu, it...
  9. At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions.: Hi,I am having this weird issue and I am not sure why this does this. I would be playing a game and all of a sudden my hotkeys will not work. I would press different buttons and it would have either no effect or does something completely random. I try to pull up a menu, it...
  10. My keyboard changing functions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My keyboard changing functions: So sometimes my keyboard just change..Ctrl C and ctrl V doesnt work When I am pressing backspace in search it doesnt delete one by one And when I search something it pops out in new window But then it suddenly changes back to normal.. It started to happen when I installed...