Windows 10: at shut down it displays 1 app is running

Discus and support at shut down it displays 1 app is running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I find what app is running when I shut down?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArthurHidalgo, Feb 25, 2019.

1. at shut down it displays 1 app is running

How do I find what app is running when I shut down?

:)

ArthurHidalgo, Feb 25, 2019

2. Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 25, 2019
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Feb 25, 2019
  4. at shut down it displays 1 app is running

Windows 10 Photos app doesn't run.

Hi,

Incompatible software installed in your PC can conflict with Windows apps and cause performance issues. We can suggest several troubleshooting steps to isolate and resolve the issue. As an initial recommendation, you can run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    . This will identify the cause of the issue and provide you further suggestions for troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, you can uninstall the Photos app and reinstall it by doing the steps below:

• Type Windows PowerShell in the search box at the taksbar.
    • In the search results, right click on Windows PowerShell and
      Run as administrator.
    • On the Powershell prompt, type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage.
    • Press Enter.
    • Once uninstalled, you can reinstall the app from this
      link

Let us know if the suggestions above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

at shut down it displays 1 app is running

1. at shut down it displays 1 app is running - Similar Threads - shut down displays

2. pc no display after shutting down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc no display after shutting down?: i closed my pc by shutting it down and when i tried opening it again it has no display i reseated the ram and bios nothing works tried removing gpu and using motherboard still no display?pc sepcsprocessor i7 9700gpu getforce rtx 1650more details in the pic i took before it...
  3. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  4. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  5. Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!: Help!!! You're about to be signed out!!!!Windows will shut down in 1 minute!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-shut-down-in-1-minute/61479a10-0dd4-4e92-afdd-50ea3b7d8bc2
  6. Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!: Help!!! You're about to be signed out!!!!Windows will shut down in 1 minute!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-shut-down-in-1-minute/61479a10-0dd4-4e92-afdd-50ea3b7d8bc2
  7. Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!

8. Unable to Run Adobe XI App; Shutting Itself Down

Unable to Run Adobe XI App; Shutting Itself Down: Hi: I am experiencing a problem with Adobe XI, whereby the app shuts itself down after about ten seconds, or less. This happens if I click the desktop Adobe XI shortcut as well as when I attempt to load an existing PDF file via File Manager. *Mad Adobe Reader does not have...
  9. Surface displays "Shutting Down"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface displays "Shutting Down": My Surface Pro is one of the originals. It is running Windows 10 Pro Insider. For the last hour it has been displaying "Shutting Down" with the dotted wheel circulating. If I switch off the power, the same message shows when I repower the unit. Any suggestions for getting...
  10. Shut down display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Shut down display: I have a problem and I don't know what to do. How can I get to turn my display to turn off. It did have a power indicater in the lower right corner and could click on it and it would should down now it will not turn off. 120009