Windows 10: at start up 1 minute computer shut down

Discus and support at start up 1 minute computer shut down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have all setting set in sleep mode as never one minute it shut down and I have re start.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lennyproposki1, Sep 27, 2019.

1. at start up 1 minute computer shut down

I have all setting set in sleep mode as never one minute it shut down and I have re start.

:)

lennyproposki1, Sep 27, 2019

2. Computer shuts down few minutes after startup.

This started a few days ago and initially I pulled out two sticks of RAM when initially it would boot up and not bring up any signal on the monitor. Now it boots up but when I start a game or plug in my external drive it shuts down after only a few minutes.
    The computer stays on when I use it for movie watching. Any ideas?

purplekaycee, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Win10 laptop shuts down after 1 minute of inactivity, ignores screen saver

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Safe Mode.

Remove unnecessary external device (not mouse and keyboard) before starting your system in
    safe mode.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    For more information refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If issue persist, I suggest you to refer method 2

Method 2:

I suggest you to place the computer in Clean boot and check if it helps.

Follow the link to place your computer in Clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: To start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link above.

Let us know if it helps.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

at start up 1 minute computer shut down

Since day 1 . When i start my computer it will not "start up"

Hi Lynne,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with starting the computer normally.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Do you get any error messages?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Hardware issue.
    • Conflict between third party applications.

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

at start up 1 minute computer shut down

1. at start up 1 minute computer shut down - Similar Threads - start minute computer

2. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  3. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  4. Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!: Help!!! You're about to be signed out!!!!Windows will shut down in 1 minute!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-shut-down-in-1-minute/61479a10-0dd4-4e92-afdd-50ea3b7d8bc2
  5. Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!: Help!!! You're about to be signed out!!!!Windows will shut down in 1 minute!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-shut-down-in-1-minute/61479a10-0dd4-4e92-afdd-50ea3b7d8bc2
  6. Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer start and shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer start and shut down: I updated my laptop with the latest update from Microsoft but ever since then, my laptop takes way too long to start 3-4 minutes and even longer to shut down5-6 minutes i've tried to use the update again to see if there are any issues, but it says my computer is up to date....
  8. On pressing shutdown laptop goes black for 1 minute. And then shuts down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    On pressing shutdown laptop goes black for 1 minute. And then shuts down.: Hi all, Recently i started noticing that when i press shut down on my laptop. Display turns off but the computer stays on for another minute and then shuts off completely. Also along with this issue my Keyboard back light is also staying on despite keeping it automatic in...
  9. Labtop starting up then shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Labtop starting up then shutting down: Every time I try to turn on my computer it starts up but when I try to install Windows 10 on it it keeps its at 64% and then it shuts down and then it goes over the same process what should I do about this...
  10. shut down and start up background screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    shut down and start up background screen?: Well, i just upgraded to 10. I notice that the start up and shut screen is really dull. Where can i find the setting to adjust the screen for this part? 55145